JetConnects 'On Time' performance

Old Aug 24, 08, 12:57 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: up in the air
If they're going to give reasons for delays, the one(s) announced onboard should at least match up with that announced in the terminal. Yesterday they were not.
Old Mar 23, 09, 10:41 am

Programs: SQ, BA, UA, AC, DL
is jetconnect a strict no-no to fly within NZ then? I am kinda eager to try them before they get replaced by Jetstar, but am detered by all that's said about its old unreliable? aircrafts.

On another note, I thought this was rather mean spirited on ANZ's part http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/sliceit/default.htm
Old Mar 23, 09, 12:42 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: up in the air
Since they slashed the schedule the OTP is better than it was. But with less flights there are also less options in event of missing flight or flight disruptions.
Old Mar 23, 09, 2:06 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by SAllen View Post

On another note, I thought this was rather mean spirited on ANZ's part http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/sliceit/default.htm
I guess you ciuld also say QF dumping NZ domestic inf avour of Ketstar is also a little mean spirited!

DJ & NZ also offer NZ domestic flights. If it were me, I'd go for the cheapest on the day - all are fairly decent carriers.
Old Mar 23, 09, 5:38 pm

Thanks guys for the reply. Nice to hear that OTP of QNZ has improved, but I didin't know they slashed their schedules - I'm glad I picked up the topic again.

On another note, my partner is a little paranoid about flying old planes. Are the QF jets really 20 years old? Are they okay? (sorry if this sounds silly)
Old Mar 23, 09, 5:51 pm

Programs: QF (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by SAllen View Post
Thanks guys for the reply. Nice to hear that OTP of QNZ has improved, but I didin't know they slashed their schedules - I'm glad I picked up the topic again.

On another note, my partner is a little paranoid about flying old planes. Are the QF jets really 20 years old? Are they okay? (sorry if this sounds silly)
Well if I was your partner I would stay away from most 747 these days! Lets not get into the MD80's DL and AA have, but thankfully NW have finally retired the DC9s....
Yes the planes are that old, if not older. They all comply with Civil Aviation Authority standards and are maintained by Air New Zealand....
The only time I was hesitant about flying in NZ was on an airline since closed and on planes that NZ no longer fly.
Old Mar 23, 09, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by Blackcloud View Post
Well if I was your partner I would stay away from most 747 these days! Lets not get into the MD80's DL and AA have, but thankfully NW have finally retired the DC9s....
Yes the planes are that old, if not older. They all comply with Civil Aviation Authority standards and are maintained by Air New Zealand....
The only time I was hesitant about flying in NZ was on an airline since closed and on planes that NZ no longer fly.
Ah so QF Jetconnect is maintained by Air New Zealand? Don't know if it makes that a good thing or not. But sure, point taken.. US airlines do sometimes fly even older planes - and we usually avoid them!