Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetConnects 'On Time' performance

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2008, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by Leumas
Don't do it. The lack of aircraft and lack of airline alternative mean if one flight is late, you're stuck...

If you must do it, I'd do one return (2 flights) early in the day and another return (2 flights) towards the end of the day...
The first 4 AKL - WLG flights are generally serviced by the same aircraft.

The later flights rotate with CHC flights.

Really depends on what is happening or has happened though.

With winter approaching, doing a ZQN run is risky. Last thing you want is to get stuck in Invers and bussing to ZQN. And the Ferry flight that leaves Invercargill isnt really permitted to take any passengers so there isnt much of an alternative.

Your best bet is a few WLG sectors.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 1:59 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by workflyer
The first 4 AKL - WLG flights are generally serviced by the same aircraft.

The later flights rotate with CHC flights.

Really depends on what is happening or has happened though.

With winter approaching, doing a ZQN run is risky. Last thing you want is to get stuck in Invers and bussing to ZQN. And the Ferry flight that leaves Invercargill isnt really permitted to take any passengers so there isnt much of an alternative.

Your best bet is a few WLG sectors.
Second that (learnt from hard experience). Easiest SC run is to book AKL-WLG-AKL turnarounds or AKL-CHC-AKL turnarounds. Note if doing more than one on the same day you will have to call QFF to get the points & SCs as they do not autopost and the online missing mileage credit will also not work (computer assumes same sector twice on same day is where pax was moved from one flight to another, thus only flew one of them).
Old Apr 24, 2008, 3:21 am

Programs: QFF
Hi workflyer,
Can you explain the details of the "FERRY" flight from Invercargill?
Thanks
Old Apr 24, 2008, 3:47 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

If AKL or CHC to ZQN diverts they land at IVC. IVC is not an airport served by QF, and further does not have the security set up for jets. So, by rule the cabin crew must remain onboard during the stop (anyone who gets off is not allowed back onboard) and all passengers must disembark. Pax get put on a bus to ZQN. The aircraft then flies back to CHC empty.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 4:02 am

Programs: QFF
Thanks for that Kiwi Flyer. My understanding of Ferry flight was that it was a positioning flight and didn't undertsnad the context of Invercargill in that. It all makes sense now.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 4:17 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

causes a real problem for anyone who has booked a turnaround at ZQN

especially the CHC-ZQN-CHC afternoon turnaround as by the time diverted to IVC arrive too late to fly out of IVC on NZ and QF will not provide accommodation in ZQN since that was not your destination and travel insurance won't cover it either unless it is part of an international ticket
Old Apr 25, 2008, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
If AKL or CHC to ZQN diverts they land at IVC. IVC is not an airport served by QF, and further does not have the security set up for jets. So, by rule the cabin crew must remain onboard during the stop (anyone who gets off is not allowed back onboard) and all passengers must disembark. Pax get put on a bus to ZQN. The aircraft then flies back to CHC empty.
Or Auckland

Although we like flying back empty, upon arriving at our destination the aircraft has to remain sealed and thoroughly checked by security before we can disembark and its not much of an easy ride for us as we have to clean the aircraft because the cleaners arent permitted to clean from ferry flights.
Old May 15, 2008, 8:32 pm

I'm looking to do the following (in a day), as a mini MR for AAdvantage EQP/EQS:

QF2707 AKL-WLG 08:30-09:30
QF2712 WLG-AKL 10:00-11:00 or QF2714 WLG-AKL 11:30-12:30
QF2763 AKL-CHC 13:00-14:20
QF2783 CHC-ZQN 15:30-16:20

Luggage would only be checked in AKL-ZQN.

Any better suggestions? Unfortunately QF2705 AKL-WLG (first flight) is too expensive atm, and the others are on sale (bar CHC-ZQN).
Old May 15, 2008, 8:38 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

I would take 2712 - likely the same a/c thus better protection. Hope weather isn't like today when you plan to do that. Fog in AKL has caused chaos in the schedules all day.
Old May 15, 2008, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by futaris
... and the others are on sale (bar CHC-ZQN).
Thanks for the heads-up!^

Beauty, I was looking for another MR compliment my 888 trip to AKL. ^

Yep ... AKL-WLG NZD39 e/w ^^^
Old May 17, 2008, 11:26 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
A question a little out of context: being a FF WP, what are the chances that if I am travelling on a JC AKL-WLG with a FF NB that we will both be able to get the J seats reserved for elites (if the flight is equiped with the J seats)? I'm thinking that obviously I will be allocated one of the J seats and the NB will be allocated somewhere down the back. We are both on seperate tickets. Flight is the AKL-WLG at 1300, so thinking that there may be less pax with status than on say a morning or evening flight.
Old May 18, 2008, 3:07 am

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
And does JetConnect outsource its ground operations (ie: check-in, ticketing and lounge staff)? And if so, who to?
Old May 18, 2008, 4:12 am

Programs: NZ/QF/BA
Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer
And does JetConnect outsource its ground operations (ie: check-in, ticketing and lounge staff)? And if so, who to?
Check-In, Baggage Handling and the like are contracted out to Air NZ. NZ and QF has some sort of reciporal agreement where NZ provides services to QF in NZ and QF does provides services to NZ in AU. Other airlines (including, as far as I know, DJ EK and SQ) seem to use Mezines instead of NZ for their ground services. Not sure about ticketing and lounge however -- I guess that either QF or JetConnect controls these two directly.

- James
Old May 18, 2008, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by KiwiSurfer
Check-In, Baggage Handling and the like are contracted out to Air NZ. NZ and QF has some sort of reciporal agreement where NZ provides services to QF in NZ and QF does provides services to NZ in AU. Other airlines (including, as far as I know, DJ EK and SQ) seem to use Mezines instead of NZ for their ground services. Not sure about ticketing and lounge however -- I guess that either QF or JetConnect controls these two directly.

- James
Ticketing and Lounge are Qantas employees.

NZ cleaning and baggage handling are currently under heavy investigation and dependant on the results, Jetconnect may create their own division and hire staff for this - although this would not affect NZ handling Qantas international flights (even ones operated by Jetconnect).

Also, can I be terribly petty and clear something up?... Jetconnect is spelt as such with no capital "C" in the middle. I know, im pathetic.
Old May 21, 2008, 5:09 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
The latest rummor on the other site is that ZK-JNN is now broken due to a incendent with a food truck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.