Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One World Lounges in HK

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2008, 9:59 am

Programs: Delta PM, SPG Gold
Flying J from HKG on QF (with no OW status) do you only have access to the QF lounge, or also do you have access to the CX lounges?
Old Jul 9, 2008, 10:56 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by bvanderhorst
Flying J from HKG on QF (with no OW status) do you only have access to the QF lounge, or also do you have access to the CX lounges?
Yes you can access the CX J Class lounge (The Wing will be clsoer to QF's gates).

Technically you can also access the KA and JL lounges as well.
Old Jul 9, 2008, 4:45 pm

I will agree with everyone that since becoming SG, I always use the CX lounges over the QP.

The pier and the wing, which is which? The one I normally use is next to security (with the F entrance on the same level, and the J entrance down stairs, and then in the lift back upto the lounge).
Old Jul 9, 2008, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Sequel
... The pier and the wing, which is which? The one I normally use is next to security (with the F entrance on the same level, and the J entrance down stairs, and then in the lift back upto the lounge).
That be da "Wing".

Have you ever tried the F entrance and very politely asking to walk the short distance through to the J lounge area? This could save 5 minutes or so ...

Last edited by serfty; Jul 9, 2008 at 5:06 pm
Old Jul 9, 2008, 8:28 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
The QP has the better ice cream.....
Old Jul 9, 2008, 10:27 pm

Programs: QF Plat & LTG, VA Plat
Originally Posted by serfty
That be da "Wing".

Have you ever tried the F entrance and very politely asking to walk the short distance through to the J lounge area? This could save 5 minutes or so ...
Do they let you? I've always wanted to do that...
Old Jul 9, 2008, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by justin_krusty
Do they let you? I've always wanted to do that...
I asked once; in a certain circumstance.

Myself (WP), Mrs (PG) and (NB's) mini serfty and niece were travelling; I tried to get us all into the Wing F lounge as a "Family" but was politely refused with advice with could use the J lounge instead.

At that point I asked if we could walk directly through to it; this request was agreed to. At which point we walked past the desk and straight through the First lounge area past the Business "Gate" and into the noodle bar.

Subsequently, I have often though it may be a feasible short cut for those with J lounge access.

Last edited by serfty; Jul 9, 2008 at 11:06 pm
Old Jul 10, 2008, 5:00 am
Suspended

I asked once; in a certain circumstance.

Myself (WP), Mrs (PG) and (NB's) mini serfty and niece were travelling; I tried to get us all into the Wing F lounge as a "Family" but was politely refused with advice with could use the J lounge instead.

At that point I asked if we could walk directly through to it; this request was agreed to. At which point we walked past the desk and straight through the First lounge area past the Business "Gate" and into the noodle bar.

Subsequently, I have often though it may be a feasible short cut for those with J lounge access.
Because you are a WP thats why they let u use the short cut!
There is a big sign even before you head to the corridoor to the F Class Wing that tells you to use the J Class entrance if you are not Oneworld EMD or flying Oneworld F Class. The reason for this is to ensure people don't just go in and then don't leave!

BTW in terms of Ice Creams, CX should have better ones It is Haggen Daz and they have around 5 flavours to choose from.
Old Jul 10, 2008, 6:24 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by IHEARTNY1
BTW in terms of Ice Creams, CX should have better ones It is Haggen Daz and they have around 5 flavours to choose from.
The QF also has the same 5 flavours of Häagen-Dazs and because the wing was out of stock I walked over to the QP.

Serfty, I am surprised they didn't let you in with your family. One guest is normal and I would have hoped that children are always welcome.
Old Jul 10, 2008, 6:33 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer

Serfty,that children are always welcome.
Please - stay away from the "children" topic before the DYKWIA types start the anti children posts again

also you are bad - depleting the HD stocks from the Wing!
Old Jul 10, 2008, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IHEARTNY1
... The reason for this is to ensure people don't just go in and then don't leave! ...
It's no more than 50' from that desk to the J lounge. As I walked I kept my head erect and was looking straight forward - I have absolutely no doubt staff were checking to ensure the J area is where we went.
Serfty, I am surprised they didn't let you in with your family. One guest is normal and I would have hoped that children are always welcome.
Children were 14 and 12; I had thought so too. Interestingly, when we later went to the QF lounge on entry I was discreetly advised not to use the F section.

Earlier that weekend, the four of us had no issues using the MEL F lounge.

This was Oct '06, it may have been the rule of the month or something as it contradicted previous report in relation to families I had come across.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 1:08 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Interestingly, when we later went to the QF lounge on entry I was discreetly advised not to use the F section.

Earlier that weekend, the four of us had no issues using the MEL F lounge.
We had the same request at HKG when travelling as a family. Had the following F/J entries on the same trip (one Platinum and one Qantas Club member, with 3 children aged 6, 9 and 10). Also had two adult non-status guests for those marked with a *.

BNE - J*
AKL - F*
LAX - AC* (no FL at LAX T4 the time)
DFW - AC*
YYZ - J* (BA)
LHR - F
KBP - J (contract lounge)
LHR - domestic Terraces*
HEL - J
FRA - J*
HKG - J*
Old Jul 11, 2008, 1:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

This was Oct '06, it may have been the rule of the month or something as it contradicted previous report in relation to families I had come across.
The rule is quite clear. You are allowed ONE guest in the lounge with you. Any time an additional person is allowed is outside of entitlement

Dave
Old Jul 11, 2008, 1:17 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Re CX F vs J entrance:

It's no more than 50' from that desk to the J lounge. As I walked I kept my head erect and was looking straight forward - I have absolutely no doubt staff were checking to ensure the J area is where we went.
I think CX tries to also keep this entrance distinction to make the F lounge more of a benefit: "Sorry you are not entitled to the F lounge so you need to head to the J lounge which is a big detour downstairs and across and through the shops even though the J lounge is just a few steps away through the F lounge."
Old Jul 15, 2008, 12:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sxc
Re CX F vs J entrance:

I think CX tries to also keep this entrance distinction to make the F lounge more of a benefit: "Sorry you are not entitled to the F lounge so you need to head to the J lounge which is a big detour downstairs and across and through the shops even though the J lounge is just a few steps away through the F lounge."
Just like the Concorde Room in T5 at LHR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.