Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Any specific prompts to help QF agent put a non-QF FF number in properly?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any specific prompts to help QF agent put a non-QF FF number in properly?

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2007, 7:45 pm

Programs: QF WP, QF LTS, AA Plat
I've had various levels of success changing my QF FF number to AA when travelling on QF. I've successfully changed it in the Syd T3 QP and Syd T1 FC lounge.
I had problems in the LAX FC lounge. I eventually called the FF centre in Syd and asked them to change it. They still had problems working it out. So asked if they had a field for the airline and one for FF number. They said they did so I asked them to leave the airline as QF and put my AA FF number in the other field.. They still were not convinced it was correct. I immediately had a look at checkmytrip and all was fine.

It would be nice if some friendly QF lounge staffer could do a screen print of what they enter and then we could carry a copy with us...
Old May 18, 2007, 8:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by bundaburg
Can I get some clarification on the checkmytrip FF details?

In my booking it has Frequent flyer: American Airlines - AAAXXXXXX

Ive been trying to get some good Y seats through QF and row 50 is the best they can do (744). Im not convinced that my sapphire status is taken into account.

If I understand correctly, if I use the "SR FQTV QF HK/AAxxxxxx" method to enter my AA number, will better seats open up on the QF flight?

Thanks
If it says American Airlines - AAAXXXXXX then access to the qualified seating will almost certainly be unavailable plus your miles will not credit. Phone and ask them to remove the number and then get it re-added. If it then shows Qantas Airways - AAxxxxxx (plus additional lines for other carriers on the booking such as BA and CX ) then all is well. SR FQTV QF HK/AAxxxxxx should be the keystrokes to add it for QF
Dave
Old May 21, 2007, 11:29 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, AA Exec Plt
Ive just put 2 calls through the the FF service center -
1st) Told that there was no problems with the number being in correctly and that the sapphire status was seen. Thought id ring again.
2nd) Told that they have no option to type in any details into the system, basically they have a box that they type your FF into and click next or ok. Even upon mentioning the one line of code they had no idea what it meant?

Is there a special way to "word" what i'm after?

Checkmytrip still shows: Frequent flyer: American Airlines - AAXXXXXX
Old May 22, 2007, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
  • Ring and ask them to remove you Frequent flyer number completely Hang up.
  • Check no FF number number showing in Checkmytrip.
  • Ring again and ask for number to be inserted.
  • Recheck checkmytrip.
Old Aug 29, 2007, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Made a new booking and now the web site has a drop down box to allow you to select any Oneworld ffp and add your ff number ^. A welcom change. Don't know if it really works as I put my QF ff number in the reservation
Old Aug 29, 2007, 4:24 am

Programs: QF WP/PG/LTG, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Made a new booking and now the web site has a drop down box to allow you to select any Oneworld ffp and add your ff number ^. A welcom change. Don't know if it really works as I put my QF ff number in the reservation
You're right!

Just entered my wife's AA no. from the Qantas website, and it shows up correctly on checkmytrip.

At last! Although I won't be completely convinced until the points appear in the account!
Old Aug 29, 2007, 5:56 am

Yay. ^
Old Aug 29, 2007, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
This also is now available for the "Add Frequent Flyer No." function of Qantas "Manage Your Booking". ^
Old Aug 29, 2007, 11:37 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by serfty
This also is now available for the "Add Frequent Flyer No." function of Qantas "Manage Your Booking". ^
Thanks! ^
Old Aug 29, 2007, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by serfty
Unfortunately there seems no provison to remove a Frequent Flyer no, and replace later with a AA Frequent Flyer no. Still need to phone to do this.
Old Aug 29, 2007, 10:58 pm

Programs: AA P, QFPM, EYG, HH D, PC PA
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Unfortunately there seems no provison to remove a Frequent Flyer no, and replace later with a AA Frequent Flyer no. Still need to phone to do this.
You do still need to ring up to have your previous FF number removed. You can then just go back and enter your new number online or ask the agent to do it for you while your on the line. We've all had mixed success with this method.

One very helpful lounge agent did write down the coding for me and I carry this in my wallet just in case the boarding passes don't come out right. The agent needs to be in the FF selection screen first - which has been discussed previously and most agents are able to do. Here are details on how to do this however from another thread:
1. Access the record locator and then type FF*. It will show each segment (sector) on a separate line with the FF details held against each sector.
2. Enter FFFPnnnnn/x, where FPnnnnn is the FF program and number, while x is the segment number you want to change.
3. Refreshing the FF* screen will then show the new FF details against each sector. It showed my AA FF number on segment 2, whilst my QF one remained under segment 1.
Just wanted to add that the exact code needed to type in when entering your AA number is:

FFNAA-nnnnnnn where nnnn is your membership number.
eg FFNAA-1A234B5 (obviously this is not my real membership number)

This code has worked for me 100% of the time when the agents have relented to try my suggestion of "the coding that a previous agent suggested should be used". If changing in the QP I just hand over my FF card and, once they say it's all done but the boarding pass doesn't show it, I hand over the above coding on the back of one of my business cards and explain that "my account is fussy" and apparently this is the only coding that will make it work.

Hopefully we won't need to do any of this soon - but I'll be keeping my coding with me just in case

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.