Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Krug is back in F

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2007, 12:43 am
Original Poster

Location: BNE, Australia...not too far from the nearest Qantas Pub err Club
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.1; U; en-us) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413 UP.Link/6.3.1.14.0)

I'm sorry if this has already been posted (can't search very well from a Nokia E61) - but after the joy of turning left to 1K, Iwas offered the additional joy of Krug Grand Cuvee. After the Glenmorangie in the FLounge and now this, I might need assistance at SIN...
Old Mar 27, 2007, 12:46 am
Suspended

Hellelujah!!!!
Old Mar 27, 2007, 2:17 am

Just in time!
I found it just in time!
damn and I changed my QFF flight to CX
Old Mar 27, 2007, 3:12 am

Programs: OW Emerald (BA), UA*G, Marriott Plat, IC RA, Various others
Originally Posted by tinkybelle
Just in time!
I found it just in time!
damn and I changed my QFF flight to CX

But CX offer Krug, too!
Old Mar 27, 2007, 7:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by AndyFlyer
But CX offer Krug, too!
and Caviar and Balik Salmon and wider seats and better tea and Lynch Badges

However I don't think they offer the Krug on Australian flights Onlt the Vintage Deutz are on the wine list for SYD and MEL F Class.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 8:33 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Originally Posted by Dave Marsh
and Caviar and Balik Salmon and wider seats and better tea and Lynch Badges
And consistently wonderful service. Pitty CX does not have the Noble One found in the front cabin on QF.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 5:05 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by NM
And consistently wonderful service. .
CX provide a very good first aid service when, in the joy of turning left, you walk into an open overhead bin and almost crack your head open. The nice CX ladies make an excellent ice pack and really fuss around you to make sure you are still breathing.

Oh the dangers of being tall in a CX F cabin.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 3:32 am
Original Poster

But wait there's more...

The 7 course degustation was very good. On one side of the page was the new "small courses", and the other was the regular menu. They recommended 4 wines to go with it, which included the Grosset Polish Hill riesling. The other memorable one was Krug as the apperitif. Funny - the old style menu now seems almost passe...

The F jim-jams are really good, along with the nice new socks with grips and the slippers for wandering around the cabin.

For those wondering about the amenities kit - very bare, however they then bring a tray around for you to choose what you need eg shaving kit, teeth kit etc. Saves having the separate male/female kit, and you only take what you need - good idea that.

However - despite the new cabin, the seats themselves are starting to seem a bit dated. Especially compared to CX.

AVOiD worked very well, the response was much faster than I've previously experienced.

All in all, a very good F experience indeed. Good use of those orphaned UCs!!
Old Mar 28, 2007, 5:35 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
This is all making me eagerly await my F trip to Oz in May. ^

Will the Krug still be around then or will I perchance get one of the other three mentioned in the upgraded F thread from a few weeks back?

Time will tell.
Old Mar 30, 2007, 4:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by og
Oh the dangers of being tall in a CX F cabin.
Urmmm may I ask what is the difference in the 744 of QF and CX? Aren't they all have the same height. Actually on QF it is more dangerous especailly on Row 2/3, as you have to physically go into the seat of the middle pairs to actually access the locker bins. Also the bags can actually drop right on the face of the pax in the middle row if you are not careful.

Just wondering what brand will QF use for the Caviar. They really should pair it will something like Salmon or Lobster as well as I am sure many of the true "aussies" will be a bit scare fo the black stuff initally.

Thinking whether or not should I use my remaining QF points to upgrade to Z class on 107 later this year?...
Old Mar 30, 2007, 12:35 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Originally Posted by willyroo
For those wondering about the amenities kit - very bare, however they then bring a tray around for you to choose what you need eg shaving kit, teeth kit etc.
Merely a response to local competition... very Air NZ... (which gives OW airlines offering F cabins a run for their money when it comes to food, drink, service... everything bar cabin comfort). Further evidence of how QF is increasingly concentrating on a more regional, rather than worldwide footprint (witness the 4 seg requal for status). very Australian, very insular. Sorry, had to say it, stand by for a roasting...
Old Mar 30, 2007, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Urmmm may I ask what is the difference in the 744 of QF and CX? Aren't they all have the same height. ...
IIRC og is approx 5' 18" tall I and could easily imagine such an event as described.
Old Mar 30, 2007, 4:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by virtualtroy
Merely a response to local competition... very Air NZ... (which gives OW airlines offering F cabins a run for their money when it comes to food, drink, service... everything bar cabin comfort). Further evidence of how QF is increasingly concentrating on a more regional, rather than worldwide footprint (witness the 4 seg requal for status). very Australian, very insular. Sorry, had to say it, stand by for a roasting...
Hate to say it, but considering some of the destinations you fly to, it's not exactly hard to switch a few sectors QF's way.

Personally I think it is a good thing and quite surprised it was not enforced sooner. It also seems consistent with the way all of OW is going at the moment.

BA enforce it rigorously, AA have started to with the Plat challenge and I would not be surprised if they end up enforcing it for maintaining status too. I can't speak for other OW programmes but as AA, BA and QF are the 3 biggest carriers in OW, I would not be surprised to see the rest follow.
Old Mar 31, 2007, 3:39 am
Original Poster

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.1; U; en-us) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413 UP.Link/6.3.1.14.0)

Originally Posted by virtualtroy
Originally Posted by willyroo
For those wondering about the amenities kit - very bare, however they then bring a tray around for you to choose what you need eg shaving kit, teeth kit etc.

On the matter of the amenities kit, I actually thought the basic pack with high quality products from Payot, when combined with the options, was a very good initiative. It means we can choose as much (more than the previous offering) or as little as we want. The Akira pyjamas and slippers are very good as well.

I was using the word 'bare' in the context of quantity, certainly not quality.

Last edited by willyroo; Mar 31, 2007 at 3:41 am
Old Apr 4, 2007, 12:10 am

Programs: TG, QF, SQ, EK.

Just wondering what brand will QF use for the Caviar...
Well, it won't be Oscietra! Not even CX offers that anymore. It will probably be the farmed stuff from the US (which is OK I think). I hope it will be offered on QF73 in a couple of weeks when I go to the US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.