Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Krug is back in F

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2007, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by crdaus
Well, it won't be Oscietra! Not even CX offers that anymore. It will probably be the farmed stuff from the US (which is OK I think). I hope it will be offered on QF73 in a couple of weeks when I go to the US.
Actually far better in fact, because it isn't endangered. ^
Old Apr 15, 2007, 6:13 am
Suspended

Programs: some, * alliance, OW, ISIC,
Originally Posted by willyroo
But wait there's more...

For those wondering about the amenities kit - very bare, however they then bring a tray around for you to choose what you need eg shaving kit, teeth kit etc. Saves having the separate male/female kit, and you only take what you need - good idea that.
Actually its a cost saving measure as qantas would save on costs in cutting down on full service kits especially if they pay for it. The CX First/NH First kits would be better.
Old Apr 15, 2007, 11:27 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
BA introduced the stripped-down kit with inserts (male, female and several separate items, like a wooden comb). This was done about 3 years ago -- when they got rid of the very nice but expensive First Baag from Anya Hirdmarch and replaced it with the canvas bag. The flaw in BA's implementation is that even years after the change half the cabin crew don't know what inserts are available for the kit and don't offer them unless specifically asked. Even then 10% claim it doesn't exist, and only when cajoled to search for it do they actually find it. QF will do a much better job of actually offering the inserts, presumably.
Old Apr 23, 2007, 10:24 pm

Programs: TG, QF, SQ, EK.
New menu not on SYD-SFO 1st class

Just flew SYD-SFO last Wednesday and there was no new menu, i.e. no multi course tastings nor caviar, but there was Krug (non vintage). They did supply the new pyjamas, but quality not as good. Also, the cling socks were horrible. They tended to stick to the floor of the toilets, making me think I had stood on something yucky. They offered most amenities on an ad-hoc basis but still handed out a small amentities kit which had some creams and ear plugs - a waste of effort really. The big event of the flight was Kim Beasley sitting in 1A and Kevin Rudd sitting in 1K - I kid you not! I was in 2A and overheard a few things, but my lips are sealed......
Old Apr 24, 2007, 4:12 pm
Suspended

Just flew SYD-SFO last Wednesday and there was no new menu, i.e. no multi course tastings nor caviar, but there was Krug (non vintage). They did supply the new pyjamas, but quality not as good. Also, the cling socks were horrible. They tended to stick to the floor of the toilets, making me think I had stood on something yucky. They offered most amenities on an ad-hoc basis but still handed out a small amentities kit which had some creams and ear plugs - a waste of effort really. The big event of the flight was Kim Beasley sitting in 1A and Kevin Rudd sitting in 1K - I kid you not! I was in 2A and overheard a few things, but my lips are sealed......
R u sure KB didn't overflow to 1K?
Old Apr 24, 2007, 6:00 pm

Programs: QF SQ VS
Just flew SYD-SFO last Wednesday and there was no new menu, i.e. no multi course tastings nor caviar, but there was Krug (non vintage).
But did you try the soup.......it was sensational.....the rest was'nt much but the soup was great.

hvb
Old Apr 24, 2007, 10:07 pm

HKG LHR the food was terrible the service was fab the french was Charles Heidsieck 1995 Milleseme SFO_SYD last night the food was fab the staff were fab but NO premium champagne at all only Charles heidseick mis encave 2001.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 6:01 am

I have had the same experience as the above poster. From SYD-HKG I had DOM but from SYD-LAX Heidsick..in F... go figure....
Old May 1, 2007, 8:17 am

Programs: QFWP, SQ PPS,QFLTG, EK Silver,SPG Gold, HH Diamond ,Amex Centurion
Too Tall!

Originally Posted by serfty
IIRC og is approx 5' 18" tall I and could easily imagine such an event as described.
I am 6ft 7inches tall, and last time I flew in F with Qantas, some ****head left the overhead locker open and sat back down, I didn't see the overhead bin till i smacked my head on it, and caused me to fall to the floor. If only people would USE their brain on an aircraft, it would make it easier for us tall folk to get along normally!

James
Old May 1, 2007, 12:02 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by James King
I am 6ft 7inches tall, and last time I flew in F with Qantas, some ****head left the overhead locker open and sat back down, I didn't see the overhead bin till i smacked my head on it, and caused me to fall to the floor. If only people would USE their brain on an aircraft, it would make it easier for us tall folk to get along normally!
Same happened to me on CX last year. At least I got personal service for the whole flight with ice packs....
Old May 1, 2007, 2:54 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Same happened to me on QF last week
Old May 1, 2007, 3:17 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Thank goodness I fit below the bin height .
Old May 1, 2007, 6:58 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Same happened to me on QF last week
And we are blaming Krug for that?????
Old May 1, 2007, 8:14 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Not at all. Other pax was inconsiderate and I wasn't watching carefully enough.
Old May 2, 2007, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by RTW4
I have had the same experience as the above poster. From SYD-HKG I had DOM but from SYD-LAX Heidsick..in F... go figure....
Which Charles H?!!!! like all other Champagne houses CH have different tiers all the way up to the luxury - Blanc Des Millenaires. Same as Moet (with Dom) Bollinger with Rd and so forth. good grief Charlie Brown

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.