Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QF buyout dead for now

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2007, 6:24 pm

Programs: QFF (Gold), Skywards, Rapid Rewards,United, Velocity, Hilton Silver
This article worries me. Where is the arms length in these deals.

One part of company advising Qantas and the other responsible for deciding if they will sell and eventually the deal killer!!!

http://www.smh.com.au/news/business/...mh=dm16.261074
Old May 25, 2007, 3:44 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Lonely Flyer
This article worries me. Where is the arms length in these deals.

One part of company advising Qantas and the other responsible for deciding if they will sell and eventually the deal killer!!!

http://www.smh.com.au/news/business/...mh=dm16.261074
That's the problem with corporate Australia. You would have thought that with some of the high profile corporate governance cases over the last decade and a half that things would have been cleaned up, however it appears corporate Australia has not learned it's lessons and it makes the country look like a bit of a laughing stock. Fortunately the hedge funds managed to scuttle the deal although certainly not out of altruism.

Surprised the regulators have not had their knuckles wrapped over this deal.
Old May 27, 2007, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by AN_Boy
the shares didn't really fall as much as I would have thought... just goes to show that tha APA deal wasn't paying enough after all.
They did fall, down to about AUD5.19 on the ASX.

Now up to AUD5.77 ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.