FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   Paid upgrades into StarClass on JQ offered for $200 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/630858-paid-upgrades-into-starclass-jq-offered-200-a.html)

GibSpmuh Nov 30, 2006 8:11 pm

Paid upgrades into StarClass on JQ offered for $200

Just received an email from Jetstar in regards to my impending flight over to Bali, and included in it is a special offer to upgrade to StarClass for $200 each way - the link for this is http://www.jetstar.com/skylights/cgi...JQUG&module=C3 . Not sure if that would be the upgrade price just to DPS, or if it's the same for all destinations, but if you've got a cheapo booking made down the back of the bus it might well prove a worthwhile spend. Full spiel from the email is below:

SPECIAL LAUNCH UPGRADE OFFER
To celebrate the launch of our new international services, we are offering a limited number of upgrades to StarClass for a one off promotional cost of just $200 each way.

Your Starclass fare includes:

Priority check in
Priority boarding
Access to Qantas Club lounges in Australia and where available at your destination
Qantas Frequent Flyer points at equivalent business class rates – for Qantas Frequent Flyer members
A fully inclusive meals, beverages, snacks and entertainment package
An amenity kit, blanket and neck support all included in the fare
Check in baggage allowance up to 30kg

Click here to upgrade your fare! (conditions apply and subject to availability, very limited availability between 15 December 2006 to 16 January 2007).

bensyd Nov 30, 2006 9:38 pm

Well thats just great. I bought a SC ticket to SGN. Now they decide they are cutting prices. I did notice when I was selecting my seat I was the only one in SC, or the only one who had selected a seat.

serfty Nov 30, 2006 10:08 pm

I'm traveling SC on Sunday and noted that I appear to have the only assigned seat in the cabin. (1A/B & 6J/K do not seem to be selectable at any time). It's the same for the return. Stop press: Another seat has been allocated in my return cabin! (Interestingly, At < T-48 Hours, I can no longer view/change the seating in the outbound)

It would be quite simple to overlook the select seat option when booking on-line; but I would have thought more would have taken the liberty to make a selection.

bensyd Nov 30, 2006 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by GibSpmuh (Post 6774698)
Just received an email from Jetstar in regards to my impending flight over to Bali, and included in it is a special offer to upgrade to StarClass for $200 each way - the link for this is http://www.jetstar.com/skylights/cgi...JQUG&module=C3 . Not sure if that would be the upgrade price just to DPS, or if it's the same for all destinations, but if you've got a cheapo booking made down the back of the bus it might well prove a worthwhile spend. Full spiel from the email is below:

Was the orginal fare a JetFlex or Jetsaver fare???

serfty Dec 1, 2006 4:26 am

Originally Posted by bensyd (Post 6775349)

Actually that's quite important; with the flights I've been looking at the JetFlex fare is about $300 less than StarClass one-way; JetSave is around $550 less.

ANstar Dec 1, 2006 4:52 am

Originally Posted by serfty (Post 6775175)
I'm traveling SC on Sunday and noted that I appear to have the only assigned seat in the cabin. (1A/B & 6J/K do not seem to be selectable at any time). It's the same for the return. Stop press: Another seat has been allocated in my return cabin! (Interestingly, At < T-48 Hours, I can no longer view/change the seating in the outbound)

It would be quite simple to overlook the select seat option when booking on-line; but I would have thought more would have taken the liberty to make a selection.

Would be greta if you could post how you find SC. I've got a HNL booked in SC... curious about food ie is it the same as in Y but free or is it a better offering, what the choice of drinks is like etc.

abcedaria Dec 2, 2006 1:06 am

I was one of the lucky suckas that picked up the sc tickets for $606 all in each way (sprots mad sale...$602 plus $4 for credit). If its any good, this could be my new el cheapo comfortable way to get to LA (J* to HNL, AA to LAX, maybe the odd HNL-LAX-DFW-BWI return YUP run). I must admit I too would like to know if the upgradeable fare was booked jetsaver or jetflex. Also, has anyone asked about gate upgrades? I've got a HNL trip booked in Feb, and also June/July. My feb trip has several seats reserved, and I believe June also has one or two.

tinkybelle Dec 2, 2006 2:34 am

I just tried to upgrade a couple of family members and it said class not available
but when I went into the date and checked there was starclass available so maybe its only the jetflex fares that are upgradeable:mad:

or maybe its only by invitation

abcedaria Dec 2, 2006 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by AN_Boy (Post 6775989)
Would be greta if you could post how you find SC. I've got a HNL booked in SC... curious about food ie is it the same as in Y but free or is it a better offering, what the choice of drinks is like etc.

Just as an aside, if you're booked for travel between 1feb and 31march, register here http://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/dyn/...ationalFlights and get an extra 5k points for each segment flown in SC.

d00t Dec 3, 2006 7:12 am

am i the only one to get super confused between star class and status credits in this thread? :P

GibSpmuh Dec 3, 2006 11:13 am

Originally Posted by bensyd (Post 6775349)

My original fare was a JetSaver fare. I don't think it was directed especially to me, it looks to be a standard paragraph in the reminder email they send out about forthcoming flights. Given the flight I'm on appears to be 100% sold out (flying on the 16th December) my attempt to upgrade wasn't successful. But hopefully others flying at a quieter time will have more success. ^

Kiwi Flyer Dec 3, 2006 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by d00t (Post 6784252)
am i the only one to get super confused between star class and status credits in this thread? :P

The SC earns SCs, u c? Not sure if you can use UCs to u/g into SC. A SFSC might even find a SC a good way to earn SCs cheaply.

futaris Dec 3, 2006 4:53 pm

Ahh, the confusion. :confused:

bensyd Dec 3, 2006 6:02 pm

Just a suggestion but perhaps to avoid any confusion we could start referring to star class as *C. :)

Aisle Seat H Dec 3, 2006 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer (Post 6785939)
The SC earns SCs, u c? Not sure if you can use UCs to u/g into SC. A SFSC might even find a SC a good way to earn SCs cheaply.

;) :D