$100 off JQ Int StarClass Fares

Old Oct 14, 06, 3:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
$100 off JQ Int StarClass Fares

Was down the local shopping mall today and there was a big Jetstar International stand set up with seats to try and handing out information about the new flights. Included with this was an offer for $100 off StarClass fares - you can go to http://www.jetstar.com/skylights/cgi....cgi?mode=JQDS to receive the discount.

Bookings need to be made before 17th November 2006 and it's for travel between 15 Jan 2007 and 31st March 2007.
Old Oct 14, 06, 4:10 am

Programs: Virgin Australia Velocity Gold
Thanks for sharing GibSpmuh! Much appreciated! Shame StarClass isn't offered on JQ21 BNE-SYD

You've caught my interest... can you please tell me more about the seats? Are the JQi seats the same colour as the A320 seats? Is it true that the Star Class seats are not Millennium and actually a different seat totally?

Am yet to see the JQi Roadshow in BNE

Cheers,
QF NB
Old Oct 14, 06, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

The seats they had on display were all black leather, both the Economy and Star Class seats. The Star Class seats definitely looked similar to the Qantas Millennium seats, with the same seating controls and same size. The headrest looked a little different, and I didn't see where the power outlet was, I'm not sure if they had it included in the display seats. Hope that helps!
Old Oct 17, 06, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattGlobalist►HiltonGold
If all goes to plan I'll have some images in 2 months ... (and a trip report) ...
Old Oct 18, 06, 7:48 pm
Original Poster

Just got the latest Jetmail e-mail and there's another StarClass promo for $100 off. The link goes to http://www.jetstar.com/skylights/cgi....cgi?mode=JQSO - you need to book before November 16 for this one, but in addition to travel between 15 Jan 2007 and 31st March 2007 it also covers travel between 27 April 2007 and 31 May 2007 as well.
Old Oct 21, 06, 9:36 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTG / OW Sapphire; NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Povo.
This StarClass gig will pay real dividends for them. Their international bookings are at nearly double their forecasts prior to launch, and the domestic product just got a whole lot more appealing with pre-allocated seats. Mind you, at least with StarClass there'd be a lower bogan factor than the domestic all-WHY cabin.....

I've become a bit of a fan - and with JetFlex giving me the same points + SCs as a Flexisaver or better on QF, it's a no-brainer.

Can't say I'd like to go SYD-LAX or SYD-LHR in 'StarClass', but for a hop across the Tasmasn or a quick run to SE Asia, it would be hard to beat.
Old Oct 22, 06, 1:59 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Seems effectively the same price and service level as BA WT+ only it gets better points and SCs. That'll put the frighteners into BA if Death* operate SYD-SIN or SYD-BKK.
Old Oct 23, 06, 2:55 am

Programs: QF WP - AA GLD 1MM - CX Grn
And perhaps with lack of OneWorld mileage accrual it is QF's answer to those of us who chose AA for a FF program....

I suspect tickets are still cheaper in SIN

Happy wandering

Fred