Wiki Posts
Search

New Qantas Club Membership Cards

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2006, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas Club Gold
New Qantas Club Membership Cards

How long have the new look Qantas Club membership cards beein in use? I received my new one yesterday and the new look design (smaller writing, information all on the left of the card, large empty space on the right of the card and plain background) certainly looks a bit bare in many ways ... not that it matters that much
Old Apr 21, 2006, 10:44 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF Silver
Cool. I wonder if that explains why I'm still waiting on my new QP card. Can you post a pic of it?
Old Apr 22, 2006, 10:01 pm

Programs: Virgin Australia Velocity Gold
Seems there are new Silver cards too..

I managed to get a friend to show me their new card via webcam.. [Please excuse the very poor quality] You can sort of see how the card has changed.
Looking forward to getting my Silver card when I hit 'PS' in June ^
Old Apr 23, 2006, 2:38 am

Location: SCL, MCT, LGW and a variety of 1W lounges in between.
Programs: BA Mucci (Seigneur et Ingenieur des Appareils Volants (Gold)), QF (WP and LTG), AA EXP, GF Gold
London Plats

If you think it takes a long time to get a card in Australia, you should try having a London address. Having got frustrated with picking up the card in SYD as I always seemed to be away for months around renewal, I tried for London based address.

All that I can say is that the pidgeon must be rather tired. 8 weeks after renewal date is a little slow! Now, given that I renew my WP status fairly early each year, why can they not send out a new card at that point, to ensure continuity. Nothing like waving an expired card around to a BA lounge dragon and expecting to get access.

Who knows, this new card might even work in BA SSCI machines. The old one does in EI.
Old Apr 23, 2006, 3:24 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by spotwelder
All that I can say is that the pidgeon must be rather tired. 8 weeks after renewal date is a little slow! Now, given that I renew my WP status fairly early each year, why can they not send out a new card at that point, to ensure continuity. Nothing like waving an expired card around to a BA lounge dragon and expecting to get access.
FWIW, I don't think they send out new cards until 3 or so months before the start of your new year membership year regardless of the fact you have requalified.
Old Apr 23, 2006, 5:28 am

Programs: OW Emerald, QF Plat, SPG Gold, HH Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by Traveloguy
FWIW, I don't think they send out new cards until 3 or so months before the start of your new year membership year regardless of the fact you have requalified.
how about for reaching a new level? As I've mentioned in another post, I qualified as WP and haven't received my card yet. It's been a few weeks and without the card I don't think I can recieve all benefits such as lounge access. I believe they need to sight the actual card as well as boarding pass for F lounge access.
Old Apr 23, 2006, 5:33 am

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
Originally Posted by CdaWorld
how about for reaching a new level? As I've mentioned in another post, I qualified as WP and haven't received my card yet. It's been a few weeks and without the card I don't think I can recieve all benefits such as lounge access. I believe they need to sight the actual card as well as boarding pass for F lounge access.
i swiped a few old cards i had on my own reader here and there is a bunch of interesting information stored on the card, but nowhere does it have your status. Old cards work perfectly when swiped as they access a DB with your up to date status. The only advantage of having a "new" card is the color scheme or to boost your ego
Old Apr 23, 2006, 9:59 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CdaWorld
Several days through to a few weeks. If it is taking too long, call the service centre.

Originally Posted by d00t
i swiped a few old cards i had on my own reader here and there is a bunch of interesting information stored on the card, but nowhere does it have your status. Old cards work perfectly when swiped as they access a DB with your up to date status. The only advantage of having a "new" card is the color scheme or to boost your ego
Maybe so, but to deal with the BA lounge dragons you will definitely need the right coloured card to show. They don't care what shows on a BP as has been discussed here before.

Out of interest, what else was stored on the card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.