Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld Elite on PNL

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2005, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Oneworld Elite on PNL

Quick question...

I have 2 first class award ticket late June 06 SFO - SYD round trip using my CO Onepass miles (270,000 miles). The Qantas PNL has my CO # on it (I assume its b/c I used my CO Onepass miles to obtain the tix). I called Qantas to ask them if I can change my frequent flyer # to my AA Platinum # and they said no.

I know there really isn't a point to do so b/c I won't be obtaining any miles on this flight since its an award tix, but I just rather have my OneWorld Platinum showing...

Is the Qantas agent incorrect? should I call back again? Any help please...
Old Nov 7, 2005, 2:26 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by 00flyer00
I know there really isn't a point to do so ...
Agreed. Flying in F means you get everything that a OW Plat gets. Unless, of course, you keep your boarding passes, tickets, drink coasters, the occasional spoon, spew bag, menu card, etc. As for the QF agent's advice, no idea.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 2:29 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
For award tickets it has to be the number of the account that was used to redeem the award. New rule due to many fraudulent mileage reclamation attempts. If you do manage to get it changed, somehow, perhaps using a friendly TA, there will be problems issuing the boarding passes at SFO and it will require a supervisor over-ride (or so I have been told). Given that you are already in F, what exactly are you expecting to get from OW status, except getting some miles credited to AA by mistake? There is no upgrade potential, lounge access is a given, and you have first priority for rerouting.
Old Nov 8, 2005, 12:42 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
The only difference I can see it making is preferential seating. I often ask for my QF # to be entered in award bookings on BA in order to get seats blocked out for Emeralds to open up.
Old Nov 8, 2005, 9:18 am
Original Poster

I want to put my AA Plat # in for my flights within Australia. so I can get better seats when I check in for my domestic flights.
Old Nov 8, 2005, 2:44 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Wasn't the original question about SFO-SYD-SFO in First class?
Old Nov 8, 2005, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by og
Wasn't the original question about SFO-SYD-SFO in First class?
yes, the OP says SFO to SYD but within this round trip there are also a couple of open jaw and domestic flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.