Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Desirable Coach Seating Question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2005, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Desirable Coach Seating Question

Are there any experts out there that know the best seats (need 2 seats next to each other) in coach (leg room, space, quiet, movie) on Qantas or Air Pacific flights 747 from LAX to Fiji and Sydney back to LAX? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jul 13, 2005, 6:19 pm

see
www.seatguru.com
Old Jul 13, 2005, 7:32 pm

Programs: Virgin Australia Velocity Gold
This may just help...

Hello jkais89,

Qantas

Personally I prefer 70A as there are only 2 seats instead of the usual 3 and due to the curving of the fuselage there is extra space to the left. I always go for this seat when travelling alone or just ask for an emergency exit row.

Although, if you want peace, go for somewhere like 26-28K on the 2 Class Skybed 744 or 34-36K on the 64/65J Skybed aircraft. There is only 3 rows of economy. On my recent QF 25 flight there would have been about 5 people in total within this 'mini' cabin with me sitting in 28K and most others in the middle seats. Please note that this is my personal preference, but I recommend if travelling as a couple go for the seats 70, 71, 72, 73 A/B and J/K.

Air Pacific

While I have never flown on the Air Pacific 744, I consistently hear that the upper deck is excellent. There is no Tabua Class (J) but Coach instead. I would say the Emergency Exit rows (21) on the upper deck would be the best, but I would say any seat on the upper deck would be better than being right down the back. You can view the Air Pacific 747-400 Seat map here (Warning it's a PDF File).

Sometimes the QF Check In person is nice enough to show you the computer screen and let you see which seats are available and where the most quiet position is (This happened to me recently at YBBN International )

Have a good time and enjoy your flights. Here's hoping you get the best seats in the house ^

Cheers
David

Last edited by QF NB; Jul 13, 2005 at 7:42 pm
Old Jul 13, 2005, 7:42 pm

Programs: 1K MMiler, Hertz 5*
I agree with David, the 2 seat rows are the pick (though a bit noisier than the front if you aren't using a N/C headset) my seat is 71A (row 70 has 3 seats in front of it whilst 71 has a channel up the side to stick you're legs).

QF tends to fill from the front so if there are spare rows of 3 or 4 seats your well positioned for the seating scrummage after takeoff. You are how every nearly last to get off the plane and unless you put your skates on you will have a big queue ahead of you at immigration.

Cheers,

Mark
Old Jul 14, 2005, 12:49 am

Programs: QF Silver, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by rosesplus
I agree with David
As do I

Originally Posted by rosesplus
You are how every nearly last to get off the plane and unless you put your skates on you will have a big queue ahead of you at immigration.
However, you get fed first. Always a big consideration IMO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.