Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

QF Status Credits for travel in BA WT+

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QF Status Credits for travel in BA WT+

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2005, 4:23 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Another useful trick with the WT+ fare was (at least a year ago and I don't know if it still exists), is that a transfer at SYD or MEL is permitted when departing from either SYD or MEL. That means you get SYD-MEL in (I think) H or K class which gets full Y SCs, then MEL-SIN-LHR and the same on the return. Pre May 25, that gave an extra 20 SCs each way. Now, I think that was only with the more expensive WT+ booked in W class for the long hauls. Of course, current rules may have changed.
Old Jun 16, 2005, 11:55 pm

Programs: qf wp
Originally Posted by og
Another useful trick with the WT+ fare was (at least a year ago and I don't know if it still exists), is that a transfer at SYD or MEL is permitted when departing from either SYD or MEL. That means you get SYD-MEL in (I think) H or K class which gets full Y SCs, then MEL-SIN-LHR and the same on the return. Pre May 25, that gave an extra 20 SCs each way. Now, I think that was only with the more expensive WT+ booked in W class for the long hauls. Of course, current rules may have changed.
It was. The cheaper T class had BA inter-Europe flights in Y class, but any Qantas flights in S class.
If you do this though, make sure you leave plenty of time if you have to do a domestic-Int vv transfer. Try to get on an international syd-mel flight if you can.
Old Jun 17, 2005, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, QF Club Lifetime, Air NZ, Marriott, Starwood, IHG
I am travelling out today. Perhaps a dumb question, but will I be able to access the Qantas Club & use the Qantas Club check-in? Qantas Club member travelling WT+ on BA flights, with an AA frequent flyer in my PNR......will obviously have my Qantas Club card with me.....
Old Jun 17, 2005, 6:05 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
You have to checkin at the BA counter unless QF/BA share at Australian airports -- they don't in any of the other countries where they both serve an airport. Sadly your card doesn't get any special check-in priority with BA. QP access is allowed separately from your BA flight.
Old Jun 17, 2005, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

thanks number_6. Thought that might be the case re: check-in, but just wanted to check.

Am pleased I can still use the QP.
Old Jun 17, 2005, 10:47 pm
Original Poster

Another question on the AA Platinum Challenge - how quickly can I expect the points to post to my AA account? Within a day of flying? A week?

I called the AA number advised by Dave Noble on Thursday and registered for the challenge...no hassles, in fact it seemed almost too easy. They just asked if I'd like to sign up for the 1st or 16th (so I said 16th), and that was it! I was set to go!
Old Jun 17, 2005, 11:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by creeno
Another question on the AA Platinum Challenge - how quickly can I expect the points to post to my AA account? Within a day of flying? A week?

I called the AA number advised by Dave Noble on Thursday and registered for the challenge...no hassles, in fact it seemed almost too easy. They just asked if I'd like to sign up for the 1st or 16th (so I said 16th), and that was it! I was set to go!
Qantas does seem to post points pretty quicky so you should have them within a week. Just make sure that checkmytrip.com shows that the number has been entered in correctly

Dave
Old Jun 18, 2005, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

thanks Dave - the number is definitely in there correctly, so I will keep an eye on my account for the next week or so!

Will let you know how long it takes.

Cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.