Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

"Oz Fest #2" in SYDNEY - weekend of May 27/29 2005. Let's add to the numbers!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Oz Fest #2" in SYDNEY - weekend of May 27/29 2005. Let's add to the numbers!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2005, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Email received ... another Gold Star added to the "Definite" list.

See you there. ^

Glen
Old Apr 12, 2005, 6:56 am

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
Ah yes it is true, Sat night the 28th Sydney takes on St. Kilda at the Telstra Dome. I'm sure pocketnews can keep you up to date with the big match. LOL.

Luckily my team is playing the night before
Old Apr 12, 2005, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RichardMEL

Ah yes it is true, Sat night the 28th Sydney takes on St. Kilda at the Telstra Dome. I'm sure pocketnews can keep you up to date with the big match. LOL.
St Kilda? Phew, thank goodness it will not even be a close one worth watching. @:-)

The Swans can rest Barry Hall until the last 30 seconds if it gets tight at the end, for some strange reason.

Old Apr 12, 2005, 7:10 am
Suspended

Programs: CX Gold MPO
Originally Posted by ozstamps
Once again, not sure which part of the following you did not understand from post #1 which was repeated in post #11, but I'll post it once again. Seems crystal clear to me.

To possibly make it easier to follow I'll highlight parts in red.

Having a boarding pass for a fully refundable flight is different from "flying" you see.

Nope no email ever received. Appreciate you re-sending it.

Glen
OH sorry, I missed that. Should we buy the tickets on the day or should we start buying the tickets on the day.

Actually I am thinking that you don't even need a BP. You can just show the Lounge Dragon the E-ticket Receipt and membership card. Then just go inside and ask for a refund!
Old Apr 12, 2005, 7:14 am

Good luck. Saints with Saint Nick and Kozi back will wipe up Sydney at their favoured home of Telstra Dome (a.k.a. The Phone Booth, a.k.a. The St. Kilda Condom).

Interestingly the last 2 times they played at the Dome, they drew (2002 round 5) and prior to that Saints won 120-94 (2001, round 4).

St. Kilda also won the last game they played (at the MCG) - 107 to 56. Fairly comfortable (2004 semi)
Old Apr 12, 2005, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by newcx12345

OH sorry, I missed that. Should we buy the tickets on the day or should we start buying the tickets on the day.

Actually I am thinking that you don't even need a BP. You can just show the Lounge Dragon the E-ticket Receipt and membership card. Then just go inside and ask for a refund!
Heck in cases like this, on several airlines, I've often told wardens I am going INSIDE to buy the ticket, and then check some very urgent emails.

Most times they'll allow you in. End of problem. If you sound and look like you are likely to be doing both, they'll not think twice about it.

If they are not too happy about that, sound a little peeved, look at your watch, and say they can come in and have you evicted by security if you do not arrive in 5 mins with receipt to show them you've bought a ticket. But right NOW you'd like to get right onto buying it, and doing those urgent emails ............

THEN if you change your mind and cancel the ticket inside soon after ................ @:-)

Glen

Last edited by ozstamps; Apr 12, 2005 at 7:28 am
Old Apr 12, 2005, 7:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ozstamps
Heck in cases like this, on several airlines, I've often told wardens I am going INSIDE to buy the ticket, and then check some very urgent emails.

Most times they'll allow you in. End of problem. If you sound and look like you are likely to be doing both, they'll not think twice about it.

If they are not too happy about that, sound a little peeved, look at your watch, and say they can come in and have you evicted by security if you do not arrive in 5 mins with receipt to show them you've bought a ticket. But right now you want to get onto those urgent emails ............

THEN if you change your mind and cancel the ticket inside soon after ................ @:-)

Glen
hahahaha you are right. And also this is not illegal or violate any Oneworld Lounge access rules (I am not bound by QFF anyway!)

HEY i hope the restaurant you are referring to on Saturday night is not he Blackbird @ Cockle BAy. They are TERRIBLE, so be warned if it is!

Last edited by newcx12345; Apr 12, 2005 at 7:33 am
Old Apr 12, 2005, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Good luck. Saints with Saint Nick and Kozi back will wipe up Sydney at their favoured home of Telstra Dome (a.k.a. The Phone Booth, a.k.a. The St. Kilda Condom).

Interestingly the last 2 times they played at the Dome, they drew (2002 round 5) and prior to that Saints won 120-94 (2001, round 4).

St. Kilda also won the last game they played (at the MCG) - 107 to 56. Fairly comfortable (2004 semi)
We'll you'll be on a plane back to Melbourne whilst it is raging, but I'd gladly bet a few HP's on the Swannies against those grandpa Saints. Heck they've only won one game this year, and that was a close call with FREMANTLE!
Old Apr 12, 2005, 8:03 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
I know I have walked into several QP's after pulling the wrong BP out of my document wallet and showing last week's BP or the outbound BP for access on the return trip.

And when going into the lounge to check-in using the Quick Check machines I have never been asked for the e-tix receipt. But maybe that is because I am WP status. Do they ask for the receipt for SG or QP members?
Old Apr 12, 2005, 9:14 am

MEL checked my BP last Saturday afternoon.

All you need is an outgoing boarding pass with every day's date on it from every QP port you like and you'd be set Of course if you had those you'd also be lifetime gold and you wouldn't want to see another QP anytime soon....
Old Apr 12, 2005, 9:19 am

MEL checked my BP last Saturday afternoon.

All you need is an outgoing boarding pass with every day's date on it from every QP port you like and you'd be set Of course if you had those you'd also be lifetime gold and you wouldn't want to see another QP anytime soon....
MEL dragons check to see if you have clean jocks before allowing entry. The most efficent gestapo in OZ.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by meloz
MEL dragons check to see if you have clean jocks before allowing entry. The most efficent gestapo in OZ.
Well the week before the female agent didn't check. She saw my card and waved me through. Of course it was easter....
Old Apr 12, 2005, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by NM
I know I have walked into several QP's after pulling the wrong BP out of my document wallet and showing last week's BP or the outbound BP for access on the return trip.

And when going into the lounge to check-in using the Quick Check machines I have never been asked for the e-tix receipt. But maybe that is because I am WP status. Do they ask for the receipt for SG or QP members?
At one of the QP's I once walked in with just my QP card. Told the staff I was checking in inside.

They put the card through their computer to check something...

Wouldn't work well in Melbourne as the QuickCheck machines are right next to the gatekeepers...
Old Apr 12, 2005, 4:57 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Originally Posted by Aus_Mal
At one of the QP's I once walked in with just my QP card. Told the staff I was checking in inside.

They put the card through their computer to check something...
Yeah, I think that is the diff between WP cards and others. They seem to check the others but not the WP ones.

I have never had a BP closely inspected at a QP door. Just a glance to see that it says WP and in I walk. I have tested this theory by holding in such a way that they could not see the date and I have not been asked to reveal it.
Originally Posted by Aus_Mal
Wouldn't work well in Melbourne as the QuickCheck machines are right next to the gatekeepers...
Easy done. Just walk to the QuickCheck machine, insert your Video Easy card into the machine, tap the screen a few times and walk on into the lounge propper. They don't watch that closely!
Old Apr 12, 2005, 6:34 pm
Suspended

So, should every one otherthan WP buy a fully refundable ticket on the day to save the hassle and potential embarrasment.

Just wondering do thye charge any admin fee on refunds?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.