Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

"Oz Fest #2" in SYDNEY - weekend of May 27/29 2005. Let's add to the numbers!

"Oz Fest #2" in SYDNEY - weekend of May 27/29 2005. Let's add to the numbers!

Old May 27, 2005, 6:09 am

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
Originally Posted by infoworks
On Saturday I am coming out to the airport about 1.30pm to meet up with WP as part of his cooringating the QP event. I am coming across the bridge and can pick anyone up in the city, en route who is not going to TT and would like to save cab, bus fare.

I will also be driving out at some point in the afternoon and happy to transport on the way home. I can fit 4 others into my never seen dirt SUV.
Does this mean you won't be screwing QF for free drinks all afternoon?

Seeyas tomorrow!
Old May 27, 2005, 9:35 am

First to post after OZFEST dinner in the darling!

Well!
all I can say is F A B U L O U S!
Blue fish darling harbour was wonderful. ^
say hello to Glen if dining there ^
it was a perrrrrrrfect night and my seafood was delish!

just got home and its 1.30 am so need some sleep to keep up with the crowds
we have some new FTers who are smitten with the movement
see you all for drinkies at 2.30pm.
Ill keep the corner warm
Old May 27, 2005, 11:22 am

Programs: QF SG-OW Sapphire, AA nobody, Marriott nobody, Velocity-where everybody's a nobody,Hertz#1 Club Gold
Ditto tinkybelle Got home about an hour ago QF WP, Sarah and myself bent the elbow a little bit longer ^
Seeya all tomorrow....zzzzzzz....zzzzzz.....zzzzz..
Actually TODAY
Old May 27, 2005, 7:16 pm

Programs: QF-LTS & P, SQ-TPPS, IC-RA, HH-D, *wood G, Others
Originally Posted by d00t
Does this mean you won't be screwing QF for free drinks all afternoon?

Seeyas tomorrow!
Well, yes, just not too alcoholic!!!

I am up for a trip across the bridge for any "aliens" who haven't done it too.
Old May 27, 2005, 7:26 pm

Programs: QF Plat./OW Emerald + Life Gold, IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, etc.
Did they let you all into the QP in the end ?!?
Old May 28, 2005, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Suite 1002 checking in.

My, that Qantas Club champagne tasted nice. ^ ^

Many thanks to infoworks for the ride home from QP.

Great seeing a 100% attendence today, and that TT guy Ian loved his Boeing gift.

A reminder that the Blue Mountains bus leaves at 8.30am for those booked on it - anyone else can join us if they care to. With this weather will be a superb day up there,

Well time for another bubbly before supper ... anyone joining us? @:-)

Last edited by ozstamps; May 28, 2005 at 12:59 am
Old May 28, 2005, 2:08 am

Had a great time today except for the Gestapo in the the QP (although managed to stay there with a few other Escapees). The only shame was due to the QP incident I did not get to meet a few of you that I wanted to. Hopefully another time... maybe not the QP!!

Anyway for everyone I did speak to it was great.. for those of you I didn't maybe another time

Tech Girl: enjoy the rest of your stay.

Glen: well done for a good day.

Cheers,
Russell

PS Qantas today proved to me what a lot of people have been saying about them for a while. Where was their Customer Service...???
Old May 28, 2005, 4:50 pm

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
Had a great time yesterday!! Many ^thanks to Glen for making it all possible

Was finally good to put some more faces to the nicks

An even bigger thank you to qantas for being so warm and welcoming in the Qantas Club.
Old May 29, 2005, 2:47 am

Programs: QC Life, QFF Plat No 0010XXX, AA Plat 2 MM, Sinbad Blue, HHonors Dia., Marriott Titanium, IHG Amb
Monday morning stroll over Sydney Harbour Bridge

A number of FT attendees will be joining me for a walk across Sydney Harbour Bridge tomorrow morning as the city wakens. Anyone is very welcome to join us, and enjoy seeing the harbour and the city come to life.

It will be early.

We are meeting at 6 am Monday the 29th May, in the lobby of the 4 Points Darling Harbour where many have been staying for the Do.
We will walk to Town Hall Station, and go 2 stops north to Milsons Point Station. From there we have to climb about 30 steps, and the hard part of the stroll is then over. We will walk across the Bridge on the Opera House side, seeing the Harbour come to life. In 20 minutes, we will be on the city side, and can walk down through the historic Rocks district to Circular Quay. Some of the party may leave us then to walk the 400 m to the Opera House. I believe Tours start there at 9am, run half-hourly.
From there we will walk up along historic Macquarie Street to one of my little finds. We can go to the Supreme Court Tower, to a 9th level caf, open for an early coffee or breakfast, with an uninterrupted view of the harbour and out to the eastern suburbs.
For those tiring, it is possible to take the train 1 stop to the top of Macquarie St.

I will then walk those who wish, back to the 4 Points, cross town. All of course, are welcome to peel off to visit fashion shops, shoe shops, bottle shops, or whatever takes your fancy. A little retail therapy may beckon after the early start, and we walk through lots of shopping possibilities on the way back to the 4 Points.

Cost: You only need a single train ticket, which will be $2-3. However, if you are thinking of doing any ferry trips (especially the Manly Ferry return), I would strongly recommend a $15 day tripper on your first journey, as you will save money, and be able to get all over , all day, by bus, train and ferry.

You will be walking with a local FTer, so we wont get lost, and it will be a nice compact intro to our big city waking up.

Bring:
1. Yourself to the 4 points lobby at 6am.
2. Warm clothes for the 10 c. temperature.
3. A camera it will be fine, and early morning will show the Opera House in a different light.
4. $3-15 train fare, $6-12 for breakfast, credit card for retail therapy and FF points after.

No need to book with me, just turn up, as I am undertaking to take a small number anyway. The more the madder, I mean merrier.
Kind regards..JohnSydney2000
Old May 29, 2005, 5:29 am

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
Thanks for the great weekend everyone,
It was glad to catch up with so many people, and there were some that I missed.
Thanks to Qantas for providing the flights down and back, nice flight to end the weekend.
Thanks to OZstamps for organising the weekend.
Thanks to CraigO for getting me into the lounge.
Thanks to doot for the drink
Thanks to Ian Mc for the Tarmac tour.
Thanks to the bus driver for taking us to the Blue Mountains, I had never been there until today.
Thanks to those who flew in from the USA for the event.
Thanks to Serfty for paying more than his share of the taxi ride to the airport.
Thanks to everyone else, for those I didn't name, that I talked to over the weekend and for sharing their knowledge of frequent flier programs.

No thanks to Qantas Club security. see other thread.

Last edited by Bundy Bear; May 30, 2005 at 4:25 am
Old May 29, 2005, 10:14 am

Smile

Glad to hear everyone had a great time!!! (apart from the QP incident- don't go there!)

:-: PLEASE post up some links for pictures so that those of us who couldn't make it can see what a fun time all you guys had and be jealous!!!! :-:

QFBoy
Old Jun 1, 2005, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by QFBoy

:-: PLEASE post up some links for pictures so that those of us who couldn't make it can see what a fun time all you guys had and be jealous!!!! :-:

QFBoy
I bought a new digital camera before the show but have no idea what to do NOW I have all these photos!

The one of the Tarmac Tour guy and his airplane seemed to have come out well though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.