Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Super cheap BA Club Europe Fares - But can we earn points/SCs on 'em ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2005, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat./OW Emerald + Life Gold, IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, etc.

BA are offering super cheap special offer Club Europe fares from Gatwick. All are between £160-250 return including taxes, to destinations like Turin, Krakow, Venice, Bari, Dublin, Gibraltar, Malta, Canary Islands, across France, Spain, Portugal, Naples, etc, etc.

But they are 'Operated by GB Airways' - so (and yes, some of you will remember that we have been here before !) can we or can we not earn QF miles/points and SCs on them ?

The Qantas FF T&Cs don't say that you can't earn on flights operated by another carrier, but, as previously reported, they have refused to give me miles/points and SCs before for codeshares etc.

As all these flights are operated as BA flight numbers only, with staff in BA livery, etc, etc, I was hoping that they would be the equivalent of QantasLink etc.

Does anyone know ? Yes, I know I can call Qantas FF here in the UK and ask, and I will, but they rarely know what they are talking about so I wanted to see if anyone here knows... and thought some of you might wanna know about the fares too !
Old Feb 22, 2005, 11:28 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Thanks. Do you have a link for the specials?

I thought GB was like QF Link, or perhaps Jet Connect is a better analogy. Last year when I flew Logan Air (another one with BA code and marketed as BA) I got points as if it was BA.
Old Feb 22, 2005, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Thanks. Do you have a link for the specials?

I thought GB was like QF Link, or perhaps Jet Connect is a better analogy. Last year when I flew Logan Air (another one with BA code and marketed as BA) I got points as if it was BA.
Ta, hope you are right.

Link to the promo details on the GB Air website here - http://www.gbairways.com/news_offers...cle/?p=7&a=452 - but to book them just go to BA.com as you would to book any BA flight.

Also special ones from France it seems - http://www.britishairways.com/travel...3/public/en_fr - and maybe from other ports too.
Old Feb 22, 2005, 11:58 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Thanks for the link.
Old Feb 22, 2005, 12:27 pm

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
Yes. You earn full SC's, points + bonus fopr cabin & Status.

I di a cheapo £189 Ibiza I class last year with GB. The flights are operated with a BA code also.
Old Feb 22, 2005, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AN_Boy
Yes. You earn full SC's, points + bonus fopr cabin & Status.

I di a cheapo £189 Ibiza I class last year with GB. The flights are operated with a BA code also.
Fabulous. Will be taking some of these flights then !
Old Feb 22, 2005, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Looks like LGW-GIB would be one of the better deals if in need of some SC's. 120SC return and 4500 points for a WP. Of course, the low season doesn't come around again until November this year
Old Feb 22, 2005, 10:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I have flown on GB airways a few times and have always received points and Status Credits for them.

Dave
Old Feb 23, 2005, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I have flown on GB airways a few times and have always received points and Status Credits for them.

Dave
Cheers Dave.

Am as a consequence going to be going off to Venice on hols. in a few months in J for UKP£190 all in ! Pretty darn cheap for the cabin plus 60 SCs.

And fares available for the whole rest of '05 (a little more expensive in peak perods obviously).

And anyone thinking of doing a mileage run out of London/Europe - the return J fare from Gatwick to Gibraltar for e.g., which is over 1000 miles, is UKP£219.40 all in - cheapest way I know to earn 120 SCs ! (+/- AUS$4.5 per SC if my calculations are correct !)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.