NW Elite Status Match

Old Feb 21, 05, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat./OW Emerald + Life Gold, IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, etc.
Thumbs up NW Elite Status Match

Excuse me if this has been posted in this Forum before, but I am pretty sure it has not (and as search is down I can't be sure !), and if it hasn't it will certainly be of interest to a great many of you.

NW are doing a Status Match for all Asia based FFs (WorldPerks® Elite Fast Track program).

Click on the link below, join WorldPerks, fax them your credentials, and you are off !

http://asia.nwa.com/asia/en/oaconversion/index.jsp

The info. on the page suggests it is a direct match and not a challenge - it say, "Now, you can instantly upgrade [my emphasis] to WorldPerks Elite status. If you have elite frequent flyer membership with any other airline, we'll upgrade your WorldPerks membership status to match it."

QF WPs I thus assume (I am awaiting their response) are being comp'ed WorldPerks Platinum Elite Membership (SkyTeam top tier, inc. 125% mileage bonus and Unlimited First Class upgrades [their J ?] on most itineararies within the U.S* !) and QF SGs to WorldPerks Gold Elite Membership (SkyTeam Middle Teir, inc. 100% mileage bonus and Unlimited First Class upgrades on most itineararies within the U.S.* !), and looks like they are even comp'ing Silver. (Full benefits copied below).

Applies to anyone with status in any airline who is based in Australia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Guam, Saipan/CNMI (and prob. anywhere else in the region, though NZ is not specified which might be a worry for some of you !).

WorldPerks Platinum Elite Membership

125% mileage bonus
Unlimited First Class upgrades for you and a travel companion booked in the same reservation on most itineraries within the U.S.*
Complimentary access to all Northwest WorldClubs® and affiliated partner lounges
Guaranteed confirmed reservations on Northwest World Business ClassSM and Economy Class
Priority check-in, pre-boarding privileges and 20kg extra check-in luggage allowance on KLM flights
SkyTeam Elite Plus membership privileges such as complimentary access to most SkyTeam partner lounges worldwide, guaranteed reservations on sold-out flights, priority baggage delivery, preferred seating, priority check-in and boarding, and more when you fly on a SkyTeam airline.
And more

WorldPerks Gold Elite Membership

100% mileage bonus
Unlimited First Class upgrades on most itineararies within the U.S.*
Complimentary access to all Northwest WorldClubs and affiliated partner lounges
Guaranteed confirmed reservations on Northwest Economy Class
Priority check-in, pre-boarding privileges and 15kg extra check-in luggage allowance on KLM flights
SkyTeam Elite membership privileges such as priority check-in and boarding, preferred seating and more when you fly on a SkyTeam airline.
And more

WorldPerks Silver Elite Status

50% mileage bonus
Unlimited First Class upgrades on most itineraries within the U.S.*
Priority check-in, pre-boarding privileges and 10kg extra check-in luggage allowance on KLM flights
SkyTeam Elite membership privileges such as priority check-in and boarding, preferred seating and more when you fly on a SkyTeam airline.

*Complimentary upgrades are valid for travel within the 48 contiguous United States; between the 48 contiguous United States and Alaska, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, Central America and South America. Travel between the continental U.S. and Hawaii is not eligible.

Last edited by Aisle Seat H; Feb 21, 05 at 3:36 pm
Old Feb 21, 05, 3:33 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, QF Plat, SPG Gold, HH Gold, AMEX Plat
That's great. I'm assuming it would only stay valid for a year though.

Don't expect to be flying KLM anytime soon. Wonder if this offer is only valid once per customer?
Old Feb 21, 05, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CdaWorld
That's great. I'm assuming it would only stay valid for a year though.

Don't expect to be flying KLM anytime soon. Wonder if this offer is only valid once per customer?
Yep, I am assuming the golden rule of cop'ing - Airlines (almost always) only comp. you once, so do it in a year when you will use it - applies, but who knows how long the offer runs and if it will be offered in the future.

Anyone know any more, or do we just assume its a one off ? (It has been running a few weeks already certainly, maybe months, not sure).

Last edited by Aisle Seat H; Feb 21, 05 at 4:02 pm
Old Feb 21, 05, 3:55 pm

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
No mention whether you have to also be a resident of one of the countries listed?
Old Feb 21, 05, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alect
No mention whether you have to also be a resident of one of the countries listed?
a) It is on the Asia-Pacific part of their website, is targeting Asia-P based FFs, and only lists Asia-P offices at the bottom (for faxing your credentials).

b) You have to fax them a recent statement - this will be to prove status and the fact that you have earned not been comp'ed youy status, but also I assume to confirm your address is in the target market.

So if you have an Asia/Oz address on a recent statement you should be comp'ed by them.
Old Feb 21, 05, 4:12 pm

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
Originally Posted by Aisle Seat H
a) It is on the Asia-Pacific part of their website, is targeting Asia-P based FFs, and only lists Asia-P offices at the bottom (for faxing your credentials).

b) You have to fax them a recent statement - this will be to prove status and the fact that you have earned not been comp'ed youy status, but also I assume to confirm your address is in the target market.

So if you have an Asia/Oz address on a recent statement you should be comp'ed by them.
yes but that's my point - is the FF program Asia based or the member? The wording says valid for FF programs based in.....list countries....
Old Feb 21, 05, 4:44 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Originally Posted by CdaWorld
And how will they know if you are a "repeat comp" customer? If you are not already a member, just join and comp. And if you have not use it and they make the offer again next year, just join again using your office address or slight variation of name etc and comp again. I doubt they are going to be able to cross-reference the QF FF number as being used twice.
Old Feb 21, 05, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alect
yes but that's my point - is the FF program Asia based or the member? The wording says valid for FF programs based in.....list countries....
It says "any other airline", so I assume it means any other airline !

as for NM's comment, true of course, but are you suggesting sneeky, if not fraudulent, shenanigans ?!? I thought such suggestions were comsidered very naughty on FlyerTalk ?!?
Old Feb 21, 05, 5:34 pm

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
Just a shame that flights on Garuda and Malaysian airlines aren't good for qualifying miles, otherwise it would give another decent option for travel around the region (well at least they've both got better seat pitch than Qantas anyway ).
Old Feb 21, 05, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GibSpmuh
Just a shame that flights on Garuda and Malaysian airlines aren't good for qualifying miles, otherwise it would give another decent option for travel around the region (well at least they've both got better seat pitch than Qantas anyway ).
Yep. Its a great option for those who fly Europe and US a lot (4 Euro carriers in SkyTeam, plus 3 US), not so hot for Asia/Oz (only carrier vaguely in the region is Korean !)
Old Feb 21, 05, 6:14 pm
sxc
Moderator, Cathay Pacific

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Unfortunately looks like only the top tier of Skyteam membership gives you access to lounges when travelling economy.
Old Feb 21, 05, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sxc
Unfortunately looks like only the top tier of Skyteam membership gives you access to lounges when travelling economy.
Indeed, but as a SkyTeam evangelist on the SkyTeam forum pointed out to me when I raised this point (cos this was important issue for me too when CO only offered to comp. me Elite Gold), you get 100% mile bonus, plus guarenteed US upgrades. This he considered more than significant compensation, espec. for those who travel quite a bit in J and F anyway (which would give you lounge access of course). 100% on J/F, espec. after the Cabin Bonus is added, really does make the miles add up.

And for those of us who will get top tier (hopefully !) as QF WPs, 125% bonus plus lounges plus everything else really is just fab... that is if we ever fly SkyTeam to use them, as the posts above suggest many here won't !
Old Feb 21, 05, 6:36 pm

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
An interesting aside for those looking to do the status match, is that the Skyteam RTW ticket - http://www3.travel.com.au/everest/in...V3VGhpbmc9UiAg - doesn't seem to have any segment limitations, ala One World explorer, just stopover and mileage limitations. I wonder who would be able to structure a 100 segment ticket out there, I'm sure someone's got the ability (though I'd hate to see the taxes on it! ). Makes it none too expensive to maintain status anyway if you could manage it though! ^
Old Feb 21, 05, 7:53 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Originally Posted by Aisle Seat H
It says "any other airline", so I assume it means any other airline !

as for NM's comment, true of course, but are you suggesting sneeky, if not fraudulent, shenanigans ?!? I thought such suggestions were comsidered very naughty on FlyerTalk ?!?
What I am suggesting is only going to be viable if you have not used your newly acquired status. If you have used it, you will not want to be orphaning the mega miles earned with the 125% bonus etc.

It is also predicated on NW offering the same status match again next year. So if the offer again, and you have not used the first comp, I don't see that you have defrauded anyone out of anything. If you have used it, then stick with it.

Personally I rarely fly routes that would benefit. Even though the confirmed upgrades sounds really attractive, its not going to be used by me in the next year so no point in going down that path. Others may find it an attractive option to the "enhanced" QF program.
Old Feb 23, 05, 6:19 am

Programs: Qantas Gold, Marriot Silver, Sofitel, USAir, Delta,Meritus,Plat IC Ambassador
And don't discount the SkyTeam asia award where a r/t J-class ticket for travel within Asia Pacific/Micronesia region is only *30,000 miles*!

As some on the Delta forum have pointed out, you can split that into a SIN to Narita via a layover in Uulan Bator (Malasia/NW award ticket). Pretty exotic for a mere 30k!

So get status on NW, fly them once and then get yourself a holiday later free.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: