Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NW Elite Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2005, 5:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat./OW Emerald + Life Gold, IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, etc.
Originally Posted by ozstamps
Aisle Seat H - you are very new here, and basically branding others around a little longer than you as liars, as what they say does not tally with what you are told, is not always wise.
Totally unnacceptable post ozstamps. Where did I say or suggest anyone was a liar ? My post was just adding to QF ExLurker's "Roughly when was this amazing promotion? I have never heard of comping miles as well as status" post directly before mine, so why have you not accussed him of calling you a liar ?

I assumed from your post that you were suggesting that the deal was current, or at the least recent - as nowhere did you say anything like "a few years ago" - and that this surprised me as I had been told that KLM would not comp me : that is why it said "bloody marvellous", cos I was recognising what as offer it is, and why the questions were asked to find out how to apply ("When exactly did you do this, does the offer have a name/link, and did you send the fax in Oz or some other country ?"). This reason for the post was further claified by the line "I would be VERY interested if they would indeed consider such a thing now", remembering that I was the one who posted this NW Status Match thread in the first place, cos I was trying to find out which European SkyTeam carriers would comp me. After much searching, posting on FlyerTalk and calling airlines the answer was none, which is why I was so interested in the KLM offer. In the process of doing this I found the NW offer, which I shared here, and a number of people on this forum have now benefited from it.

So how exactly were you offended by this post ?

The 'I believe it when I see it' comment was thus to say I won't get excited until I get Plat. comped for 3 years and see the matched miles actually appear in my account. I would have thought that you would have been here long enough to be more clear in your posts and not be so touchy and quick to accuse. You will see that serfty read my post exactly as it was intended and replied with the info I had asked for (thanks for that).

Someone of your experience on this site should now apologise for your post, otherwise newbies and relative newbies like me may not continue to contribute. What is the point of asking experienced posters/people like you for further info when all you get back in response is abuse ?

Last edited by Aisle Seat H; Apr 11, 2005 at 6:10 am
Old Apr 11, 2005, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Aisle Seat H - if you spent a little more time READING and comprehending what is written, instead of hyper ventilating as you have above, you may well get a lot more out of FT.

In post #80 I made it very clear to anyone reading, the KLM promo was years old. YOU are the only person posting on this thread who seems not to have read and realised that.

Just because a new member "has never heard of" something does not mean it has not occurred. Trust me.

2 posts later, post #82 you inferred I was lying. If that was because you did not read or comprehend my post, the only one to blame for that is you. Get over it.

Go back and READ what was posted and you may hopefully calm down.

Glen

Old Apr 11, 2005, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"I'll believe it when I see it"

Implies you do not presently believe it, therefore the person posting it (me) is possibly lying in your estimation.

That was my point. Post less like that, and you may ruffle less feathers.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 6:21 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Okay gentlemen, I think everybody take a deep breath and take a step back.

I agree with that there has been some misunderstandings and comments from both sides could have been worded better to convey truer meaning.

Now let's get back to the topic in hand, that's getting North-bl**dy-West to comp us - I'm still a Gold Elite and not happy

Maybe I'll just keep sending the email to Juliane every day until I get a result...

Last edited by QF WP; Apr 13, 2005 at 7:11 am Reason: spelling..again
Old Apr 11, 2005, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ozstamps
YOU are the only person posting on this thread who seems not to have read and realised that
You mean apart from the post that had been posted before mine ?!? And after my calm post followed by your foam-at-the-mouth ranting you are accusing me of not being calm and of hyperventilating... you are a funny, funny man ! Writing lots of words in capitals or highlighted or both does not make your points anymore worthy, just demonstrates your anger. I have read the previous posts - if you would have read mine you would have noticed that !!! - and as I said, sefty responded exactly as my post merited, you for some bizarre reason have lost it.

Last edited by Aisle Seat H; Apr 11, 2005 at 6:37 am
Old Apr 11, 2005, 6:31 am
Original Poster

QF WP, the voice of reason as ever ! I have said my piece, if ozstomps can't see that he has anything to apologise for then so be it. Lets get back to the issue at hand.

Good luck Qf WP, just keep chipping away at them until they give in !
Old Apr 11, 2005, 6:32 am

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
*hands everyone concerned a HP*

now chill or I'll make sure you all make elite status on Air Zimbabwe!
Old Apr 11, 2005, 6:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RichardMEL
chill or I'll make sure you all make elite status on Air Zimbabwe!
Cool, tell me more !!!
Old Apr 11, 2005, 7:03 am

OK Air Zimbabwe elite status levels:

- Farmer Level
- you get kicked out of your seat by anyone with higher status

- Bone level
- your bags are misplaced half as often as "Ivory" level elite passengers.
- You get 1 free hot coffee spilled on your new suit

- Ivory Level
- This is Air Zimbabwe's top level for its most distinguised flyers! Inviation only issued by the President (Mugabie)
- 2 ivory plated luggage tags on qualification
- free, space available, downgrades to the cargo compartment (heated cargo compartment will require a surcharge to be paid in USD to your gate agent - space is limited)
- Access to the Presidents lounge. Please note strict entrance requirements apply - you'll know if you qualify.
- 2 complimentary drink coupons for use at Harrare's premier entertainment establishment (brothel)
- New! Seamless transfers and FF benefits for our Ivory level passengers on our high quality partner airlines: Air Koyro of North Korea and Iraqi Airways.
- free prayer beads for your flights on our airline.

(tongue firmly in cheek)
Old Apr 11, 2005, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Fantastic ! What a shame membership is only open to leading members of Zanu-PF, and that, in order that no Zimbabwean should be able to do what their despot cannot, you can't fly to Europe or North America (except to the Vatican for funerals !!!)

But why would they giving free prayer beads ?!? (As 98% of Zimbabweans are of traditional African cultures/beliefs (Shona 82%, Ndebele 14%, other 2%), of which only 25% are Christian and less than 1% are Muslim [the two religions that I associate with prayer beads]).
Old Apr 11, 2005, 7:37 am

well sorry I'm not up on my african culture enough. I just figured it was a universal concept somehow. LOL. I'm sure they have a Prayer something-or-other....

I just emailed that nice guy in Nigeria who offered to deposit lots of money (that's $26,000,000,000.00) into my bank account for a small consideration - I'm sure your elite credentials are in the mail as we speak... of course I can't speak for the Zimbabwe postal service....

Last edited by RichardMEL; Apr 11, 2005 at 7:57 am
Old Apr 11, 2005, 7:47 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Originally Posted by Aisle Seat H
QF WP, the voice of reason as ever !
I try my hardest - just haven't seen Willyroo post for ages (OK, maybe weeks, as he was in the USA on a DONE4 last I remember). Having had the pleasure of meeting ozstamps a number of times....watch out, he might come after you...
Old Apr 11, 2005, 8:28 am
Original Poster

brilliant ! but i'm fully trained in (and used to carry every day) hardware rather similar, and in situations where I was, let me put it this way, not wearing t-shirt and ear-muffs, so I think i'll take my chances. (though maybe ozstamps did too, it does afterall say Saigon on his t-shirt !) (won't forward you the photo of me with an uzi, don't want it on the internet !). he has quite a temper for a man who deals in stamps ! only philologist i know who has a photo of himself with a Kalashnikov (i.e. weapon type including the AK-47) on his website ! (Which version is it by the way, ozstamps, can't see it too well cos of angle of photo - looks like an older one, even one of the Chinese varients, looks to me more like an AK-101 or 102 or 103 than an actual AK-47, but hard to tell from the photo as I say).

Last edited by Aisle Seat H; Apr 11, 2005 at 8:33 am
Old Apr 11, 2005, 8:31 am
Original Poster

deleted
Old Apr 11, 2005, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aisle Seat H

brilliant ! but i'm fully trained in (and used to carry every day) hardware rather similar, and in situations where I was, let me put it this way, not wearing t-shirt and ear-muffs, so I think i'll take my chances. (won't forward you the photo of me with an uzi, don't want it on the internet !). he has quite a temper for a man who deals in stamps ! only philologist i know who has a photo of himself with a Kalashnikov (i.e. weapon type including the AK-47) on his website ! (Which version is it by the way, ozstamps, can't see it too well cos of angle of photo - looks like an older one, even one of the Chinese varients, looks to me more like an AK-101 or 102 or 103 than an actual AK-47, but hard to tell from the photo as I say).
As Randy says - "you are what you post". I rest my case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.