Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NW Elite Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2005, 10:44 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Aisle Seat H, just checked online but still showing as base member...

Enlarged WP card and print out of Account summary were faxed to Sydney last week (day I posted), o perhaps they've been over-run with applications
Old Mar 6, 2005, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by QF Hammer

Its actually a territory of the USA and definitely not part of the FSM (Federated States of Micronesia) although geographically it is part of Micronesia. Whilst it does not have statehood, it is very much part of the USA - technically it is an unincorporated territory of the United States with limited self-governing authority.

In many respects, it feels very much like a dirty version of Hawaii - I hope nobody from the region takes this offensively!

When it comes to airlines, it is very much CO territory. Whilst NW flies there, they don't have the comprehensive route network that CO does in that region.
Well I certainly never said It was part of the FSM. And it certainly is not 'part' of the USA.

I've flown in and out of Guam abut 30 times actually on vacation. Also in an out of Saipan (FSM) a ton of times too.

CO used to have daily direct flights to GUM from SYD, (and from BNE too IIRC, and they still fly from Cairns) and onward to HNL, and a ton of other places in Asia/Pacific via Air Mike -- including Port Moresby oddly enough.

Guam is rather like Puerto Rico where I was last month in terms of its status.

I was astounded both times I've visited PR that virtually NO-ONE outside San Juan speaks even a word of English. Even older teenagers. All those trillions of US taxpayer funds tossed there for the past 100 years and they do not even speak American - much less ENGLISH!

In fact in Guam and Saipan etc, a local patois dialect is more common than English I found. Like Puerto Rico is was a Spanish Colony before the septics ever got their claws into it a century ago. Guam and the other Mariana Islands were formally claimed by the Spanish Crown in 1565 and stayed in their hands for about 350 years.

Guam and Saipan were also occupied by the Japanese for much of WW2, and the plentiful Japanese relics around both places are fascinating. Heavy guns, tanks still rusting on beaches in the middle of town, downed aircraft, etc.

Glen
Old Mar 6, 2005, 6:00 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Aisle Seat H
Did it all go through alright QF WP ? Did they indeed comp. you Plat. equivalent ? (Have not done it yet myself - decided to wait until later in year in the end, i.e. will try to get it late enough in the year to get it for the year after as well too, as now won't be using SkyTeam for at least the next 3/4 months I don't think).
I have thinking about leaving it as late as possible. However, on the other hand I don't want to leave it so late that they stop doing it. Hopefully they won't withdraw this any time soon.
Old Mar 6, 2005, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hint from long experience. All US Programs work on a strict end Feb to end Feb member "year".

Join in Feb, get 12 months bennies on the comp. Join in December get 2 months. If they are in fact still doing this. @:-)

Glen
Old Mar 6, 2005, 11:00 am

Location: SCL, MCT, LGW and a variety of 1W lounges in between.
Programs: BA Mucci (Seigneur et Ingenieur des Appareils Volants (Gold)), QF (WP and LTG), AA EXP, GF Gold
Membership year

I might do the 75000 miles required for keeping top tier but it does seem to indicate that it is a 01 January to 31 December

"Flight Requirements

We are happy to welcome you as a 2005 WorldPerks Elite member. To retain your Elite status for the 2006 program year or upgrade your membership during this year, simply earn the required number of Elite Qualifying Miles or Elite Qualifying Segments between January 1 and December 31, 2005.

ELITE STATUS PLATINUM GOLD SILVER
ELITE QUALIFYING MILES 75,000 50,000 25,000
ELITE QUALIFYING SEGMENTS 100 60 30

Therefore, me confused. I have some HKG Saipans to do and I may well be able to do LON-HKG via AMS each way and that would sort it. I have to use AF at times and they are banning QFs from the BA lounge at CDG so it might make sense.

Anybody done it yet to determine if the year is 12 months or to the end of the calendar year?

spottie
Old Mar 6, 2005, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Please watch my lips.

"PROGRAM YEAR" is Feb to Feb.

For EVERY USA based carrier.
Old Mar 6, 2005, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat./OW Emerald + Life Gold, IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, etc.
Originally Posted by ozstamps
Please watch my lips.

"PROGRAM YEAR" is Feb to Feb.

For EVERY USA based carrier.
Easy boys !

You both, I know, are VERY well versed in these issues, and while ozstamps you are sure/know you are right, the e-mail spotwelder quotes is pretty unequivocal too (Jan - Feb).

Maybe its like BMI - the official year has an extra month of grace added to it : don't earn the requisite miles by end of earning year, but do so within a month after, and they give it to you anyway.

The point remains the same though, despite your differences - get it now/soon, or risk waiting until next Feb and hope the promo is still running.

Right ?

Last edited by Aisle Seat H; Mar 6, 2005 at 2:46 pm
Old Mar 6, 2005, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat./OW Emerald + Life Gold, IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, etc.
Originally Posted by QF WP
Aisle Seat H, just checked online but still showing as base member...

Enlarged WP card and print out of Account summary were faxed to Sydney last week (day I posted), o perhaps they've been over-run with applications
And ta for the update QF WP, keep us informed if and when it does/doesn't come through.
Old Mar 6, 2005, 6:20 pm

Hint from long experience. All US Programs work on a strict end Feb to end Feb member "year".

Join in Feb, get 12 months bennies on the comp. Join in December get 2 months. If they are in fact still doing this. @:-)

Glen
Certainly puts a different slant on the issue. Got hold of the membership guide to see what it had to say and the only references to years I could find were under qualifying for elite membership:

WORLDPERKS SILVER ELITE
Earn 25,000 Elite Qualifying Miles or 20 Elite Qualifying Segments in a calendar year.
WORLDPERKS GOLD ELITE
Earn 50,000 Elite Qualifying Miles or 40 Elite Qualifying Segments in a calendar year.
WORLDPERKS PLATINUM ELITE
Earn 75,000 Elite Qualifying Miles or 60 Elite Qualifying Segments in a calendar year.

So based on this, I guess I should just sign up. Does anyone know if you go backwards one level at a time each year, or will I just drop to a nothing member at the end of the (qualifying) year?
Old Mar 7, 2005, 2:38 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Guam and Saipan were also occupied by the Japanese for much of WW2, and the plentiful Japanese relics around both places are fascinating. Heavy guns, tanks still rusting on beaches in the middle of town, downed aircraft, etc.
Glen
Much of the relics are also in the water which make the diving fantastic. In fact the region (FSM, Guam & Palau) contains the best diving I have ever seen in my life.
Old Mar 7, 2005, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Easy boys !

You both, I know, are VERY well versed in these issues, and while ozstamps you are sure/know you are right, the e-mail spotwelder quotes is pretty unequivocal too (Jan - Feb).
For the THIRD time.

EVERY USA Airline Elite scheme card runs end Feb to end Feb.

No ifs or buts or maybes.

I have been top Level elite with CO, NW, UA and Alaska over many years and then as now, that is how they do things. Seems weird but THAT is the system. So does KLM for that matter, as I just got a new card valid to Feb 06, and a shiny new United 1K one too.

HOWEVER, you EARN your Elite card based strictly on calendar year flying. Midnight December 31 the clock stops ticking. As they say in their email.

So once again. Fly the miles in Jan 200FIVE and your card will expire end Feb 200SEVEN - 2 years bennies.

Fly the miles December 2005 and you'll get the SAME expiry - Feb 200SEVEN

So which flyer is the smartest - the January 2005 one or the December 2005 one?

Glen
Old Mar 7, 2005, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

perthite - traditionally US schemes "soft land" you down one tier per year.

Nothing ever in writing, and early 2000s they played hardball, but right now they want to hold onto EVERY elite they can dredge up!

Glen
Old Mar 7, 2005, 8:38 am

Is it just me or is someone trying to say something in here

On the basis of all that, seems like I should just sign up, and watch my status go backwards. After looking at the various partners not likely to get any status, but may get some points here and there
Old Mar 7, 2005, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

NW are doing a Status Match for all Asia based FFs (WorldPerks® Elite Fast Track program).

Click on the link below, join WorldPerks, fax them your credentials, and you are off !

http://asia.nwa.com/asia/en/oaconversion/index.jsp

The info. on the page suggests it is a direct match and not a challenge - it say, "Now, you can instantly upgrade [my emphasis] to WorldPerks Elite status. If you have elite frequent flyer membership with any other airline, we'll upgrade your WorldPerks membership status to match it."

QF WPs I thus assume (I am awaiting their response) are being comp'ed WorldPerks Platinum Elite Membership (SkyTeam top tier, inc. 125% mileage bonus and Unlimited First Class upgrades [their J ?] on most itineraries within the U.S* !) and QF SGs to WorldPerks Gold Elite Membership (SkyTeam Middle Teir, inc. 100% mileage bonus and Unlimited First Class upgrades on most itineraries within the U.S.* !), and looks like they are even comp'ing Silver. (Full benefits copied below).

etc, etc
The party is over?

I was talking to someone on the phone today about this, and walking him through it.

Right NOW when you click on the link on post #1 of this thread you get a basic Asia NW website booking engine basically.

Anyone else notice this?

It looks to me like they have pulled this promo?
Old Mar 8, 2005, 1:54 am

Does anyone have a printout of when they registered?
A friend of mine registered and sent the credentials to NWA syd(great difficulty as the fax number was wrong on the offer!!
he got an email back saying the promo expired on 31st dec.

this is totally not true as when he registered it actualy said that he had registered that day(28th feb)but he didnt think to copy the page.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.