Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone had status renewed early?

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2010, 1:33 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Blackcloud
You have the same date as me.
The letter was probably triggered before you requalified, it did for me. I also got the same last despite requlifying and also been given it a scompensation for NZ based QFF.
I really couldn't distinguish if it was complimentary extension, or a renewal based on requalifying. If the former, I'd like to reply and thank QF, but inform them that I requalified of my own accord. I'd prefer the complimentary extension when I may actually need it. That said, it probably doesn't make any difference now that it's done.
Old May 1, 2010, 5:07 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by m0hamed
I really couldn't distinguish if it was complimentary extension, or a renewal based on requalifying. If the former, I'd like to reply and thank QF, but inform them that I requalified of my own accord. I'd prefer the complimentary extension when I may actually need it. That said, it probably doesn't make any difference now that it's done.
From the wording it is a complimentary extension and you are thinking the exact same thing as me last year. With the introduction of JQ in NZ I thought I would not get the Sc for WP this year and wanted the complimentary for my next year.
I phoned QF and they said as long as you keeping getting the SC to requalify yourself you will not use up your 'complimentary extension'.
Old May 4, 2010, 12:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Aus_Mal
I suggest you get the 4 segments on Qantas. They have been enforcing that rule...
I can see lots of evidence that QF says it enforces the rule, amplified by 17 pages of comment on 4 segments enforced for QF status (merged thread) but little actual evidence - i.e. no WP seems to have actually put it to the test.

Those on the thread who've reported being status downgraded are because they have failed to obtain the relevant number of SCs - not because of the 4 x segement rule.

nologic if you decide to put this to the test, let us know what happens...
Old May 4, 2010, 6:32 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
I
Originally Posted by nth_utsera_sth_utsera
I can see lots of evidence that QF says it enforces the rule, amplified by 17 pages of comment on 4 segments enforced for QF status (merged thread) but little actual evidence - i.e. no WP seems to have actually put it to the test.

Those on the thread who've reported being status downgraded are because they have failed to obtain the relevant number of SCs - not because of the 4 x segement rule.

nologic if you decide to put this to the test, let us know what happens...
After discussing the situation with QF FF and reviewing future travel plans, they agreed to renew another year. I would have been surprised if they took a different approach to segments than to SCs, having clearly shown a propensity to renew for so many people, including myself previously (althought I didn't need it).
Old May 5, 2010, 1:23 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nologic
I

After discussing the situation with QF FF and reviewing future travel plans, they agreed to renew another year. I would have been surprised if they took a different approach to segments than to SCs, having clearly shown a propensity to renew for so many people, including myself previously (althought I didn't need it).
Interesting, as I thought... Thanks for sharing...
Old May 5, 2010, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by nth_utsera_sth_utsera
My response was more around not expecting things to work out by themselves if the 4 segments were not met.

For those who are comp'd status for another year, Qantas does keep track of it. Will Qantas comp again? Perhaps. Perhaps not. The inner workings of why and how they comp isn't public knowledge.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 10:41 pm

Programs: QF Gold, EK Gold, SQ PPS, IHG AMB, Hilton DM
Thought I dig out this old nugget for a question. It might have been answered before but here goes:

Just checked my QFF account online and noticed that my Status Reassessment date is now sometime in 2012. I swore it was 2011 a few days ago.

So hypothetically, if I reached Gold/Plat in the near future (Silver atm), I will hold that status for a tad under 2 years. More importantly, I will have that amount of time to earn enough SC to requalify?

Anyone in a similar situation?

K
Old Jun 22, 2010, 11:52 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Not necessarily. What is your full status assessment date? If it's in July/August then your status credits will reset to 0, so you will have reach the qualification levels of SG and WP.

If your gain a higher status prior to that, then you will enjoy that status for at least a year.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 12:06 am
Suspended

Based on observing another family member's experience, upon obtaining the required points to move up a status tier (in this example Bronze>Silver), this won't happen until you've notched up the min 4 QF segments.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed
What is your full status assessment date?
Currently, it is showing 31 March 2012. If it makes any difference, I've already re-qualify for Silver in this current membership year. And have done the required 4 QF segments.

So back to my original query, if I reached Gold or Platinum in say 2 months time, will I still have my Status Reassessment date of 31 Mar 12 or the month when I reached Gold/Plat, eg. 31 Aug 2011?

K
Old Jun 23, 2010, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
If you reach SG and/or WP in two months time then you will have that status for the remainder of your "Current Year" and your entire next year (-31Mar11 & 1Apr11-31Mar12).
Old Jun 23, 2010, 12:25 am

Talking

Originally Posted by serfty
If you reach SG and/or WP in two months time then you will have that status for the remainder of your "Current Year" and your entire next year (-31Mar11 & 1Apr11-31Mar12).
Oooh... that's nice to know.

Thanks serfty
Old Jun 23, 2010, 11:43 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by KFly
Currently, it is showing 31 March 2012. If it makes any difference, I've already re-qualify for Silver in this current membership year. And have done the required 4 QF segments.

So back to my original query, if I reached Gold or Platinum in say 2 months time, will I still have my Status Reassessment date of 31 Mar 12 or the month when I reached Gold/Plat, eg. 31 Aug 2011?

K
Unlike some other programs, your anniversary date doesn't change if you go up a status level.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 2:02 pm

Programs: QFF (Gold), Skywards, Rapid Rewards,United, Velocity, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Unlike some other programs, your anniversary date doesn't change if you go up a status level.
So that's a + for the QF program I believe
Old Jun 23, 2010, 11:31 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Lonely Flyer
So that's a + for the QF program I believe
Not necessarily, it is also a - in that rolling 12 month periods aren't used to gain a higher level of status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.