Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone had status renewed early?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2005, 4:26 am

Programs: QF-LTS & P, SQ-TPPS, IC-RA, HH-D, *wood G, Others
I have found IMHE that as you reach a level the system recognises it for the following period.
Old Jul 14, 2005, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by infoworks
I have found IMHE that as you reach a level the system recognises it for the following period.
My profile still shows "Status reassessment will occur:" with my renewal date for next year.

Maybe it will change at some stage. I should be plat by then so it won't be a concern!
Old Jul 14, 2005, 5:08 am

Programs: QF Silver (OW Ruby)
Interesting thing that also poped up when I moved from Silver to Gold

12 JUL 05 POINTS ADJUSTMENT DUE RECALC OF STATUS BONUS
AA 2083 FIRST 24JUN05 FORT LAUDERDALE/LOS ANGELES - - 584 584 0
They gave me points for Pre-Gold Status. Good on them. hehe
Old Jul 14, 2005, 4:56 pm

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
0 status credits????
Old Jul 14, 2005, 5:06 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
thats just the adjustment entry - ie no change to SCs, and why would there be as SCs arent affected by status level
Old Jul 14, 2005, 8:23 pm

Programs: QF Silver (OW Ruby)
They already gave me SC for that trip. Just giving me SG points for what was done on silver.
Old Jul 17, 2005, 8:08 pm

Programs: 1K MMiler, Hertz 5*
I have a friend who hasn't flown for over 2 years but he has maintained his QF gold status. How does this work? I've looked at his a/c and his total SC's are 2730, last month he required 600 SC's to maintain Gold and this month no activity but his status has been renewed!!

Here I was flying back and forth to the US in Y struggling to ever achieve Gold and you get some people getting free status? No wonder when you guys occasionally get thrown out of the QP you don't follow up on all the threats!!

But seriously, it anybody else aware of this happening?
Old Jul 17, 2005, 9:35 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Some airlines have software to track profitability of the individual passenger. They know exactly how much profit there was YTD and lifetime, based on your specific routes and fare basis. I don't know if QF is doing this, but perhaps they are contacting particularly lucrative pax and renewing their QFF membership proactively. Interesting if they are (you could then credit all the QF flights to AA and still get QF status). Maybe I'll experiment with this, as I have some very high-profit flights booked and can credit them to AA instead of QF. I know CX does this, as I don't have a Marco Polo membership yet they consistently treat me as Diamond+ (with no special arrangements).
Old Jul 19, 2005, 4:59 am

Programs: QF LTS, AA 2MM, CO
Don't know whether this is termed early or not, but had the "new" WP card waiting for me at the office in Melbourne. Letter was dated 6.6.5 and the expiration date is end August next year - my anniversary. SC wise, I had requalified back in March???
Old Jul 20, 2005, 6:25 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Sounds like you had slipped hrough the cracks, ozmerish. Maybe they were waiting to see if you were going to qualify Partner Gold and they've just given up waiting for you?

Last edited by QF WP; Jul 20, 2005 at 6:26 am Reason: adding comments
Old Jul 20, 2005, 11:45 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
x2 early renewals

Had the letters through, though about a month apart, to both me and virtualtroy's significant other, both WPs extended a couple of months ahead of official renewal with more than 2.5K SCs banked since last Sep.

The irony is, my SO, who flies less than me, was renewed before I was
Old Aug 6, 2005, 2:08 am

Programs: QFF WP :-0, AC, FlyBuys, Porter's Liquor Store, Mother's Helper
I noticed today that my Gold (of course ) status has been renewed to October 2006. I'm still well short (>200sc's) of qualifying and apart from an award flight I have no other bookings.
Old Aug 6, 2005, 4:20 am

Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
They wanted to entice you back from AC, of course??? (They have been reading this Forum)
Old Aug 6, 2005, 5:15 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GoldFlyer
I noticed today that my Gold (of course ) status has been renewed to October 2006. I'm still well short (>200sc's) of qualifying and apart from an award flight I have no other bookings.
I had a look today, and noticed that my Plat status is being renewed October 2006. I'm not particularly close to the 1200 SC renewal normally requires.
Old Aug 6, 2005, 5:31 am

Well, I haven't been comped Plat until 28 Feb 07 yet...but at 270 SC's I wouldn't expect to be yet. Perhaps if I get these bookings for my future travel up to renewal date (DCIR22/26 for Dec/Jan, as well as my BNE/PER/ADL/BNE in K for Jan next year, and other flights I'll take this year), I'd be as lucky as you perthite...

Last edited by QF WP; Aug 6, 2005 at 11:01 pm Reason: correcting spelling

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.