Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Could interest some folks here - Hilton "Diamond Club" for ~ $A200 a year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2004, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold

UPDATE - as you will read later in this thread, we are now getting members signed up for a special deal of ~$A200 a person - not the $A248 as per original thread title. Willyroo our highly paid (!) and hard working Moderator kindly amended the heading to reflect this. If you see "$A248" mentioned in the earlier posts on thread, please disregard that figure.

Thanks! Glen

-----------------------------------

This appears to be a deal that is Asia/Pacific local in origin, and Americans seem never to have heard of it. Which is good.

Just phoned the Hilton Diamond Club Admin Manager to sign someone up using me as a referral. I get a freebie bottle of bubbly in my room when I stay, for each person that signs up via me, so this project is VERY close to my heart.

The deal covers the Hiltons in ADL, BNE, CNS, MEL (city and airport) PER, SYD and often AKL. There a a ton of vouchers in each pack. All good for a year from when you join up. Just one stay will generally cover your annual cost if booking mid week.

She pointed out the STANDARD sign-up deal for anyone they cold-canvass themselves does NOT include the $A55 night or $A110 guaranteed Junior Suite deal. They use the $A120 a night deal vouchers (of which you get 2) for any OZ Hilton property as the big selling attraction to normal cold-call prospects. (I just checked Hilton On The Park MEL for late Jan and best rate is $A325 plus 10% GST = $357.50,

The SYD Hilton will be somewhat higher I imagine when it first opens. $A400 a night in there will be the very lowest rate at many times, I am quite certain. It wil be the "only" place in SYD to stay for at least a year for bizoids with a choice when it opens May 2005. So using just that one voucher for SYD Hilton, more than covers annual membership, and leaves a great deal of change left over, on just a single stay.)

These $A55 nights ($US41 inc all taxes!) were supposedly a special offer for all "charter" members who renewed, of which I appear to be one.

HOWEVER when I pressed her as to whether anyone referred by me would get the same voucher in their kit, she noted my file to say they would do that for them.

So it seems if I refer anyone to join you get the $A55 a night voucher, plus the 2 x $A120 vouchers (all INCLUDE GST and the $120s are fully transferrable) and all the other in-room and restaurant dining vouchers, and from $US30 a room Asian Hilton ones etc, (which are also FULLY transferrable) and health club passes etc.

I can't see why if you were in 1 property for 3 nights like the OzFest weekend in Late May:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...hreadid=336631

You could not use the Suite upgrade voucher for night #1 and the $A120 vouchers for other 2 nights? Would save $700-$800 off cheapest rates I imagine on a 3 day stay and be assured of a great room? The ~$A200 a person annual membership (tax included) then readily pays for itself.

(And for those NOT yet signed up as a 'Definite' or 'Maybe' for OzFest in the past week please add to thread seeing we FINALLY have selected a firm weekend - May 27/9, and are now counting firm looking numbers.) ^

There are also a couple of "upgrade to Junior Suite for $A99" vouchers fully transferable, good for any Oz based Hilton. There are also "Weekend Indulgence" vouchers for a Hilton room, 2 dinners, and 2 breakfasts. Also fully transferrable. Also a pile of "50% off vouchers" are not so exciting - being around $A200 a night fixed $$$ rate - but that rate INCLUDES GST, and each is good for 4 night stays if needed. So is still way lower than lowest Hilton web rate you'll generally find.

There are also 2 x cards you can give to friends that are staying Hilton that give them the 20% off ANY Hilton published or promotional accom. rates on OZ/NZ (even specifically taken off best Hilton rate offered via discounters like www.wotif.com.au) 20% off all room charges, 50% off 2 guests dining, or 25% off 1 person dining, 33% off 3 persons dining etc, 25% off 4 people dining etc. I have found these in the past can save $75-$100 on a table of 4 VERY readily at Hilton dining prices. (Diamond Club members get all these dining % off bennies anyway by showing their card.)

There is also a 35% off Avis rate code etc which is very useful at busy times. And to ensure a viable tie-in with QF and ensure tis is on-topic (!) see my post from Feb 8 - there appears to be an impending bennie tie-up with Qantas and/or Qantas Club in the wings for all Diamond Club members.

As an humorous aside I handed over my very swish looking platinum coloured 'Diamond Club' card when checking into a Hilton property in the USA last month, as I'd left my normal Gold HH card at home in the rush to pack. It says valid to November 2005, and member since 2002 on it. Clerk said: "Wow I have never seen this one before". I said: "It is an Australia/Asia thing I think" and he very cheerfully upgraded me to something VERY nice out of the goodness of his heart. And this was on a Priceline $34 a night booking. Card has a bold Hilton logo right on it. He assumed it was a HH Diamond Card from OZ, I imagine.

Many of the offers say 'no Hilton points will be earned on this rate', but from previous year experience when I stayed, that was not an issue, and normal points accrued for me at least. Other posters here like NM have confirmed this indeed seems not to be an issue for 2005 Diamond Club voucher stays. Checking out, and THEN having them enter HH # into booking at that point usually is the way around that.

Anyway, contact me if interested, and I'll pass on the info, and try and pair you up with another member to both thus get the ~$A200 rate.

Use only this address please - ozstamps at ozemail.com.au - and not the FT email system, as that is a bit clunky.

Last edited by ozstamps; Feb 9, 2005 at 5:43 am Reason: Edited for the new ~$A200 per person cost offer
Old Dec 19, 2004, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

As an aside they sell 2 memberships for $A400 (one they term a "companion" merbership but card and goody vouchers are identical ) and that is what I have taken each year, as it averages down the price nicely.
Old Dec 19, 2004, 11:10 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
I have taken the $400 dual-membership deal the last two years. I rarely use it for business travel since I do so little domestic travel now and Hiltons are not on our Australian prefered hotel list. But I use it as a kind of pre-paid holiday for Mrs NM.

We are using a $55 voucher and a $120 voucher this week at BNE Hilton as it is Mrs NM's birthday and we decided to take the Mini's with us this time to see the Christams windows at Myer and the Christmas lights at King George Square - and to do some last minute Christmas shopping.

These two voucher stays count towards HHonors elite status stays/nights, but do not earn HH points (pitty since I am currently on a tripple points bonus until Feb). Still get the HH Diamond benefits of lounge access etc. Unfortunately this time I won't get a room upgrade since BNE Hilton only has adjoining rooms in their "Deluxe" rooms, not on the exec floor.

I have had some difficulty at times getting availability on the cheap vouchers. I tried to use some in Perth for Mrs NM a few weeks back and they could not find even one night any time over a week period (weekend, weekday, didn't matter). And last time we went into BNE Hilton we could get one night on $55 voucher, but second night had to pay $150 less 20% - still a cheap two night stay.

I have several Member for a Stay vouchers if anyone is interested. These get you the 20% discount and dining discounts etc. These were trown in as a special incentive for me to take up the offer again this year.

By the way, it was ozstamps that scored a bottle of wine when I joined .
Old Dec 19, 2004, 11:29 pm

NEW 2005 certs information

Everyone be VERY aware that
the new 2005 pack does not include
the Sydney hilton on
the 55 or the 120 vouchers nor the exclusive A and NZ rates or the
50% off with hilton certificates
Also the $270 weekend indulgence package says PARTICIPATING hilton hotels.

who is to say that the Sydney hilton will be participating,.

I think we need an undertaking by Diamond Club that all these cewrts will be accepted by the very late NEW SYDNEY HILTON

Last edited by tinkybelle; Feb 7, 2005 at 9:33 pm
Old Dec 19, 2004, 11:59 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
I joined Hilton Diamond Club 2 years ago (before my time on Flyertalk) and have definitely got my value for money many times over in that time.

Tinkybelle, I'll agree the "problems" with the never-ending pushing out of the opening date for the new Sydney Hilton has been woefully handled (and The Grace is no substitute, tried it once and never again); thankfully the Hilton's aren't losing Hotels in Australia/NZ like SPG have in the past year (Auckland, Melbourne & now Brisbane). Glad I opted out of their similar card at the same time I took up with Hilton.

Whilst PER Hilton isn't anything to write home about, I love the ADL and Melbourne Airport properties. I've even used the card for my wedding party (at the BNE Hilton) and SIN.

Get to use it next month at AKL, where I have booked a Deluxe Waterview Room on the $155 Welcome to Hilton rate (alas, no Junior Suites there).
Old Dec 20, 2004, 12:35 am
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by NM
I have several Member for a Stay vouchers if anyone is interested. These get you the 20% discount and dining discounts etc. These were trown in as a special incentive for me to take up the offer again this year.
Hi NM, I have got a non-work related (therefore I pay the bill out of my own pocket ) stay at the Hilton Bne in early March 2005. If the vouchers are still valid then, I wouldn't mind one voucher if I can get 20% off the accommodation...thanks.

BTW, to NM or anyone else on the board, I have one Complimentary Suite Upgrade for up to 4 consecutive nights at Hyatt Hotels worldwide (excludng Hyatt resorts) which is valid through 31/5/2005 that I won't be needing...happy to send it if you can make use of it (I thought I would post it here before I put in Coupon connection where I am sure it would be heading over the Pacific...
Old Dec 20, 2004, 3:30 pm

Programs: QF Gold MB Gold Elite
kpc,

YGM ^
Old Dec 20, 2004, 5:45 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Originally Posted by kpc
BTW, to NM or anyone else on the board, I have one Complimentary Suite Upgrade for up to 4 consecutive nights at Hyatt Hotels worldwide (excludng Hyatt resorts) which is valid through 31/5/2005 that I won't be needing...happy to send it if you can make use of it (I thought I would post it here before I put in Coupon connection where I am sure it would be heading over the Pacific...
Nah, can't use a Hyatt voucher. Never stay with them. I need to channel everything I can to Hilton to retain Diamond status. The Diamond Club Member For A Stay will be in the mail today. If you decide to join, take up ozstamps offer for member referal since he was the OP on this thread. I joined as a result of a thread just like this one a few years back. Thanks for the promot and reminder ozstamps. But lets make sure we don't turn this thread into a coupon connection thread .
Old Dec 20, 2004, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NM

By the way, it was ozstamps that scored a bottle of wine when I joined .
Many thanks ... I do recall that one. ^ ^ ^

I wish to stress here that all postings of mine that refer to beer and champagne are purely co-incidental.

I had a rep from Accor Hotels phoned me last week with a pitch for me to join their similar club, at a similar price. He knew his stuff, and I had a fun call, but that club's benefits were frankly a joke compared to the Hilton one. Had a Priority Club pitch as well recently (Holiday Inn, Intercon etc) and just not the same prices or bennies or upgrades. These ~$A250 deals seem to be offered by most chains, and the variance in what they offer is surprsing.

Starwood also have a similar deal for same kind of money, and pitched that at me, and also came nowhere close in likely value to ME than the Hilton one. Especially seeing their number of properties are shrinking fast in oz in 2005.
Old Jan 13, 2005, 8:07 pm

Programs: mp diamond, qf plat, royal amb, hh diamond, spg plat, hyatt diamond
URL of Hilton Diamond Club:

http://www.memberbenefits.com.au/ate...vel/Hilton.htm
Old Jan 15, 2005, 4:30 pm
Suspended

More Free Suites

Hello,

I recently was negotiating purchasing four Diamond Club memberships. They said if I purchased the packages togethor (all with different names) they would throw in something like, 3 times the normal ammount of Suite upgrades.

So I highly suggest that anyone who is interested, sign up togethor.

Anyway, just say to them I, I will pay for four (AUD$1000) if you give me more suite upgrades. Worked for me (when negotiating)

pricey0510
Old Jan 15, 2005, 10:42 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, SQ Krisflyer
So it seems if I refer anyone to join you get the $A55 a night voucher, plus the 2 x $A120 vouchers (all INCLUDE GST and the $120s are fully transferrable) and all the other in-room and restaurant dining vouchers, and from $US30 a room Asian Hilton ones etc, (which are also FULLY transferrable) and health club passes etc.

Could you give more details on the Asian Hilton hotels participation? Like whether it applies to all properties in Asia, and is this for one stay for x number of nights, etc.

Also, the $55 rate...is it for one night stay or for more consecutive nights stay?

Thanks in anticipation.

f
Old Jan 15, 2005, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pricey0510

I recently was negotiating purchasing four Diamond Club memberships. They said if I purchased the packages together (all with different names) they would throw in something like, 3 times the normal amount of Suite upgrades.

So I highly suggest that anyone who is interested, sign up together.

Anyway, just say to them I, I will pay for four (AUD$1000) if you give me more suite upgrades. Worked for me (when negotiating)

pricey0510
Not a bad idea.

As it happens, 4 other FT'ers have emailed me privately asking me to refer them, and in turn I am supposed to score a bottle of Bubbly from the club for each new customer lead on my next stay. Hic. Thanks folks. ^ ^

The specific lady who is to process all this does not arrive back at work until tomorrow - Jan 15 in Sydney. These folks have all emailed her in her absence for holiday break.

If they all mention each other's name, it may well attract extra discounts for each of them on price, or an extra room coupon etc.

I will email them all now on this, and if anyone else wants to tag along with this group please contact me TODAY so all others can also mention your name as being part of this "common interest group along with Jim and Jenny and Judy and James" type response.

I honestly think FT is quite truthfully a 'common interest area', and I see nothing unethical wharever in this approach. They clearly are all about signing up numbers, and FT'ers are a perfect base to search among, as we all like DEALS and UPGRADES!

ozstamps at ozemail.com.au

-------------------------------------------

Last edited by ozstamps; Jan 16, 2005 at 4:44 am
Old Jan 16, 2005, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

OK ..... the 'people power' of FT prevails once again. ^

So far 6 folks had contacted me by last night planning to join as definites.

One of those folks has spoken to Diamond Club today and they are prepared to make this offer, that they say they offer to Corporates.

Buy seven memberships and pay for 6 - that takes price per member to $A212.57. A good deal but oddly not as good as the next one I'll outline.

For us they'll sell first 2 memberships for $A248 each and the second 2 for $A155 each. i.e. very much like the "spouse" deal that NM and myself outline above that we both take each year, but they are allowing that deal to encompass 4 persons of different surnames as we are a 'common interest group'. They will record your email addresses seperately etc I am sure.

That works out to be $A201.50 per member.

A VERY good deal. IMHO.

Due to the way they are structured, they can't just charge out at $201 a person.

They need to be sent to one address, and charged to one card.

One of the 6 folks has offered to be the "mailbox" for tranche #1 and pass things on by post, as long as the other 5 mail a cheque for $201.50.

I just phoned and spoke to the lady who runs Diamond Club, and she is happy for us to have and advertise this deal.

She asked what name to list the common interest group as and I improvised and said "Oz Fest" ... which is more or less correct as most signing up are attending, and some will indeed use their Suite Cert to stay for the weekend I imagine as Hilton will be open by end May. It is also a name we can use throughout the year and in future, if folks like this idea. Saving $45 on a good deal anyway is nothing to be sneezed at IMHO!

The Rep I gave you folks the name to contact is still away this week, so I will now supply all interested the head lady's name so she can see we are all on the same page here, and keep us "together" internally.

So bottom line, anyone about to sign please contact me TODAY, and we'll work out the initial batch.

After that, if things are done in twos, each member will pay $201.50, and one of them will need to re-reimburse the other who'll be debited the $A403 for 2 packets, both of which are identical, and both of which have the $A110 (inc GST!) Suite deal coupon (worth the $200 alone) plus all the MANY other normal goodies and Certs.

Please let me know if anyone is interested, and I'll pass on the contact detail of the Diamond Club lady, for you to order this through.

-----------------------------------

Last edited by ozstamps; Jan 17, 2005 at 1:17 am Reason: Typed $210.50 and not correct $201.50!
Old Jan 16, 2005, 9:58 pm

diamond club

i spoke to the diamond club in melb late last year, and they offered me the standard package at $248, but were prepared to chuck in an extra $55 single night coupon (so 2x$55 and 2x$120 coupons). Not sure if you want to give it a go, but try calling the diamond desk in Melb - try Melb hilton and ask for them. I think you could still say someone referred you I guess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.