Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Could interest some folks here - Hilton "Diamond Club" for ~ $A200 a year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Could interest some folks here - Hilton "Diamond Club" for ~ $A200 a year

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2005, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
OK ..... due to a little (ummm a lot!) of Stevo Schmoozing I got another few FT'ers signed up 'under the wire' today at the old rate they tell me they will honour for me. And hopefully enclose all the old wording and old price vouchers.

They tell me that these, and the batch from last week will as a favour for us ONLY all have member cards with the DIAMOND CLUB base graphic on them, not the new Premium Club design they are supposed to be using now.

However as these requests are now outside the "norm" they will be hand processed, and that will take a week or so for the permanent cards to reach me. (Same deal applies to the batch Lis ordered I understand.) I'll mail permanent cards on with the pack to each person when both are to hand, to save double handling and double postage costs.

And in the case of the ones I mail, I'll send them to each person by REGISTERED mail, so that they can't go missing. Some pretty valuable certs in each pack. First batch to Lis they mailed ordinary post and they went AWOL in the system, hence the initial delay.

Anyway else still sitting on the fence or who has just found this thread, who wants to try and get in on the "old skool" deal please email me ASAP - again no promises whatever however, as they are getting harder and harder in there:

ozstamps at ozemail.com.au

Glen
Old Feb 17, 2005, 12:38 am

Smile

Anyone else interested in this. I have contacted Ozstamps but I need somebody else to get the deal.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 3:17 pm

Programs: QP NB
Well done

ozstamps, Stevo Schmoozing ? Must say thats a new one to me but if you managed to get the old rate and old cards then you must be smoother than a babies bum, in fact can you negotiate my next payrise for me

Thanks again for taking the time to post this offer, yes I realise you get a bottle of wine/sparkling out of it but it does seem to me you earn it each time by co-ordinating it all.

Cheers
Aaron
Old Feb 17, 2005, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BronzedAussie

yes I realise you get a bottle of wine/sparkling out of it .....

Cheers
Aaron
Them's magic words to my ears! I'll be bathing in the stuff at this rate. They do say "house" wine, so goodness knows what it will be - Great Western knowing my luck.

Well we had a well known FT'er from Canada just pair up with Russell Corr above, so they accepted both applications today.

So far they have not read the riot act to me on a cut off date, despite a staffer sternly telling me verbally last Monday no more were possible at old rate/old coupons/old cards.

I have schmoozed one lady in there, and deal is still occurring, so email me if you want to get in while they still are accepting orders under the old terms!

I accept all credit cards at no fee via my own business on this to save hassles, for those who ask how payment is easiest. Or Pay Pal or bank transfer or cheque - makes no difference to me.

Glen
Old Feb 20, 2005, 5:50 am

Programs: QF Plat & LTG; A3*A Gold; Avianca LM; Velocity; IHG Platinum, Accor All
I am also interested but need somebody to pair with so ozstamps can try to get the deal for us. Anyone else?
Old Feb 21, 2005, 7:29 pm

Programs: QF LTG, Velocity FF Red, HH Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA Nothing
Angry

Originally posted by Ozstamps,

It seems that the new deal will increase the $A55 a night offer by $10-$15 .... but not sure on the exact figure. Anyone with $55 printed on a voucher will have that honored I was advised. Again a plus for those who have already joined. I insisted that this current batch all get "old-skool vouchers" and he agreed and said they'd assemble them by hand as ongoing packs are all reprinted with "new deal", and new prices etc
I just received an Email from the "Hilton Premium Club" which reads as follows,
Dear Mr XXXXXXXXX,
Congratulations and a warm welcome on board with us here at the Hilton Premium Club
Please be advised that your membership number is # ##########
Your 2005 membership will be delivered to your nominated address within 10-14 working days. If you wish to utilise your membership benefits during this period, please contact 1800 251 600 (select option 1) to request an immediate temporary card.
As a Hilton Premium Club member, you are entitled to utilise your full range of privileges at any HILTON HOTEL around Australia and New Zealand. During the refurbishment period for Hilton Sydney, your membership benefits can still be utilised at The Grace Hotel in Sydney, including your:
One $66 Welcome to Hilton certificate
Two $125 Exclusive Rate certificates
Six 50% off Certificates*
20% off any published or promotional rates
20% off any chargebacks (First party only)
Plus other certificates included in your membership package tailored to suit your lifestyle.
*50% off the set rate (see reverse of certificates for prices)
See your Schedule of Benefits for full terms and conditions

It seems to me that whilst it has been processed at the old price the benefits are as per the new schedule and not at the old rate/old coupons/old cards as they promised to Ozstamps
Old Feb 21, 2005, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Itsalongwaydown

It seems to me that whilst it has been processed at the old price the benefits are as per the new schedule and not at the old rate/old coupons/old cards as they promised to Ozstamps
Captain Schmooze at your service sir.

I think you may find that this is an auto advice to you, as their computer has just changed over to "Premium Club" but as promised I did schmooze them into sending the ORIGINAL vouchers and original prices. And possibly still I can get others under the wire likewise, if someone cares to pair up with tallboy above.

Can you drop me an email please Itsalongwaydown, or others who got this email, as matching handles with real names I am getting messed up with here, there are now so many.

Got a couple of permanent cards today in the mail it looks like. So can pass them on with the original packs and temporary cards. ^
Old Feb 22, 2005, 7:45 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Itsalongwaydown
I just received an Email from the "Hilton Premium Club" which reads as follows,
Dear Mr XXXXXXXXX,
Congratulations and a warm welcome on board with us here at the Hilton Premium Club
Please be advised that your membership number is # ##########

Got my email as well yesterday. Not far away from being able to take advantage of their services
Old Feb 27, 2005, 7:49 am

And suddenly there was clarity in where I might be using some of these certificates

(But just how accurate are Hilton at estimating when something will open?)

HILTON MARGARET RIVER RESORT & SPA, AUSTRALIA - Q1, 2006

The 130 guest room hotel will be situated in a luxury secluded resort complex in the heart of Western Australia's most popular wine region. Plans for the resort will also feature 15 executive suites, and 26 luxury bushland villas. The centrepiece of the site will be a luxury day spa and health centre constructed above an existing 6.6-hectare lake and accessed by boardwalk or boat. Other facilities include a lakeside restaurant and conference facilities.

See http://213.131.169.243/main.asp?page=221 for new Hiltons
Old Feb 27, 2005, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by perthite

And suddenly there was clarity in where I might be using some of these certificates

(But just how accurate are Hilton at estimating when something will open?)

HILTON MARGARET RIVER RESORT & SPA, AUSTRALIA - Q1, 2006
What a great spot for a Hilton!

Hope they are on target, but from the same site we read this:

HILTON SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA - Q2, 2005

Currently being redeveloped, the US$100 million investment represents the combined cost of acquiring and redeveloping the entire Hilton Sydney and Capital Centre complex, which will ultimately consist of a 577 guest room hotel and convention centre, 15,000 square metres of A-grade commercial office space, a 2,500 square metre LivingWell Health Club, and a three storey basement car park.

The 18 month project will involve a basement-to-rooftop remodelling including the introduction of a new world class convention and conference centre with facilities to accommodate up to 3,000 delegates and feature a ballroom that will seat 1,200. The hotel will also feature 'Hilton Meetings', offering 23 state-of-the-art meeting rooms with removable walls to allow for plenary sessions and breakouts.

The alleged The 18 month project has been ongoing for several years it seems already!

The only ones hoping for a "breakout" are the builders I bet - from their contract.
Old Feb 28, 2005, 11:13 pm

Programs: QF Silver,PP,PCR Gold,GP, Starwood, BA Exec,
Information

How come there is no information on any of Hilton's website in regards to the Diamond Club? Does anyone have or know of where one finds out more?

3 points
Old Feb 28, 2005, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

If you actually READ this thread there are several very recent links to their website.

Glen
Old Mar 3, 2005, 12:20 am

Okay, I'm a newbie here so please be gentle. I plan on emailing ozstamps shortly, but I just wanted to check and see if you still had the great deal available.

Btw, this is an incredible board and I'm quite grateful I just stumbled across it the other night.
Old Mar 3, 2005, 2:08 am

Programs: some
Sorry, can't help with your question but welcome to FT, Weezy!
Old Mar 3, 2005, 6:02 am

Best bet would be to send that email off to ozstamps

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.