Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Could interest some folks here - Hilton "Diamond Club" for ~ $A200 a year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Could interest some folks here - Hilton "Diamond Club" for ~ $A200 a year

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2005, 8:43 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Originally Posted by QF WP
I have spoken already to Don Thaker (Administration Manager, Brisbane) who asked my thoughts - well, whilst they have taken away a 50% discount on Food and reduced to 20%; they have added a 20% discount on Alcohol (where previously there was none). I actually think it's neutral benefit-wise (well, perhaps the heavier drinkers will like the extra discount ).
Big negative for me. I am happy to have a few pre-dinner drinks in the exec lounge and then end up with a very small (often $0) beverage bill with the meal.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
... advising a change in the dining benefits for Premium Club members:

I have spoken already to Don Thaker (Administration Manager, Brisbane) who asked my thoughts - well, whilst they have taken away a 50% discount on Food and reduced to 20%; they have added a 20% discount on Alcohol (where previously there was none). I actually think it's neutral benefit-wise (well, perhaps the heavier drinkers will like the extra discount ).
Well, there goes my $37.50 ph Saturday night seafood buffets in Brisbane.

Also, note the $50 minimum. There goes a sole diner getting 20% off when staying in the hotel.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 10:06 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
3 nights for price of 2 in Australia

Email received from Hilton

Stay two nights, get the third for FREE!
Stay two nights at any participating Hilton Family hotel in Australia*, China, Japan, Southeast Asia or South Korea between November 15, 2005 and February 28, 2006 and your third night is FREE when you pay with your VISA card.

*Third night free is available in Australia from December 15, 2005-January 31, 2006, and payment with VISA is NOT required.

**Terms and conditions apply for each destination. Visit www.hilton.com for full offer terms and conditions. Hilton HHonors membership, earning of Points & Miles, and redemption of points are subject to HHonors Terms and Conditions. ©2005 Hilton HHonors Worldwide.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Nov 30, 2005 at 10:12 pm Reason: fix link
Old Nov 30, 2005, 11:27 pm

yes but it does have to be a special rate that is MORE that the normal rate to get the night free so effectively its not worth it.

do a comparasin!

I just checked a date and it said that the rate specified was NOT available but the hotel is!
Old Dec 1, 2005, 8:52 pm
NM

Originally Posted by tinkybelle
I just checked a date and it said that the rate specified was NOT available but the hotel is!
If you want to book it, then call the hotel of Hilton reservations. I also checked on-line and got the same result as you, but when speaking to the hotel directly the reservations agent said he could book it for me, but in the end I didn't want to pay an extra $192 for the free extra night (we need 2 rooms for the NM clan). If it was indeed no additional cost over the 2 nights we booked, then I would have happily stayed the extra night, but alas that is not the case.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 5:11 pm

Programs: QF LTG, Velocity FF Red, HH Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA Nothing
Angry

Well, ozstamps and other Premium Club members, you'll want to check your mailbox for this missive:

Received a letter from Robin Watters today (she's the Area Director of Sales & Marketing, Hilton Australasia), advising a change in the dining benefits for Premium Club members:

Did everyone get this letter?

No sign of it here yet. (Then again I've been coming and going so much lately that I could have missed it!
Old Dec 2, 2005, 6:39 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Itsalongwaydown, maybe us Qld'ers received it first - the letter was dated 28 Nov and I received it the day I posted. It might take a couple of days to get to you Mexicans ...

BTW, are you confused with your status:

Your profile says: "Programs: QF Gold" while your signature says "QFF(Platinum)". Time to update, I think ...

Last edited by QF WP; Dec 4, 2005 at 9:36 pm Reason: spelling
Old Dec 4, 2005, 6:50 pm
NM

I received my letter on Friday.

And soon after I received a phone call from someone at the Premium Club reminding me that Mrs NM's birthday is coming up . I would have thought they would have checked my upcoming reservations before calling to see if I wanted to make a reservation for her birthday. I had made a booking the previous day for said occasion .

Last edited by NM; Dec 4, 2005 at 6:53 pm
Old Dec 6, 2005, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
I also got the letter - a big diminishment of bennies to me too re loss of 50% dining.

I have used that at Glass in SYD where meals can easily run $150 a couple - and if you have a free wine coupon .. coff.

The temporary paper invites still say 50% off on them.
Old Dec 6, 2005, 4:52 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Interestingly, I think the sweetner was sent out this afternoon by email. I received a one-only voucher for $125 stay at the Hilton Sydney between certain dates in December. Not that I'm considering staying there...but an interesting offer, none the less.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 4:01 am

Interestingly, I think the sweetner was sent out this afternoon by email. I received a one-only voucher for $125 stay at the Hilton Sydney between certain dates in December. Not that I'm considering staying there...but an interesting offer, none the less.
I love how this thread just keeps going on and on.....

WARNING

***Please be warned that the Hilton Brisbane is no longer guaranteeing lounge access to Hilton Diamond VIP customers. I noticed this policy just this last weeend***

THANKS

Thanks to Ozstamps and Lis, I joined up earlier in the year at a pretty good price. I have no regrets and have saved $60 twice on the seafood buffet in Brisbane Hilton and gotten 20% discount at the same hotel twice this year. This has probably saved me the $200 joining fee.

NOTE

I have a few vouchers left expring FEB 2006 so send me a PM if you think you can use them....

A POOR USE OF THE $55 NIGHT INTRODUCTORY VOUCHER....

I used my $55 introductory voucher the Grace Hotel in Sydney back in May. Oh wow, what a waste for a night at a CRAP hotel (this was before Hilton Sydney opened...and was 'supposed' to be the preferred HHonors hotel... Hmmm, when did Hilton ever put a Diamond VIP on Level 1 of the hotel in a tiny room with no view...?!)

MY MOST RECENT HILTON PREMIUM CLUB STAY (BRISSY)

Just this last Sunday I was back in Brisbane and had booked a room at a rate of $155 (before the Premium Club 20% discount) with confirmed upgrade to a suite using one of my vouchers for $150. It was supposed to work out to $275 for the night - 20% off the $155 rate I booked + $150 for the upgrade.

BUT.....

My bill showed $305 upon checkout on Monday morning...

When I raised this overcharge of $30 with the clerk (I was still half asleep - it was 345am, after all) I was told the $305 rate was correct and why was I talking about a 20% discount saying that "$305 was a really good rate for a suite and I should be happy to get that", and that suites usually cost 'heaps more' and I should, well, be happy to get that.

I explained that I had booked a room rate of $155, that was supposed to be discounted by 20% on account of my Hilton Premium Club membership, and that I had used a $150 voucher to upgrade to a suite.

The guy on duty actually told me that I was wrong and that $305 was exactly 50% of the charge of $610 one should pay for a suite...

I think he was SERIOUSLY getting his vouchers mixed up.

Anyway, the on duty manager was called, I spent waaaaaaaaay too long talking to these guys, and the situation was finally resolved thanks to the on duty manager reminding me about the terms and conditions of the program and to always confirm in future that no 50% discounts ever apply to suite bookings. Hmmmmmmmmmm.........

I JUST MADE MY FLIGHT

I got the airport right on 430am for my 5am flight - no time for a coffee in the QC, I was pissed....

A BIZARRE BILL DEVELOPMENT

Anyway, imagine my surprise when I was checking my final bill on the plane. My total all inclusive bill, with receipt from the hotel, was $150 all up....hmmm, go figure...)

SYDNEY $125 NIGHTS

Anyway, to get back to the orginal poster, my sister and her hubby and 3 kids are in town on December 27th. My other half and I have jumped on this $125 rate and confirmed a booking at the Sydney Hilton. We will surely be able to consume that amount of champers in the Exec Lounge and hope to get one of those elusive Glass bookings which honour the 50% dining discount - just with 4 days to spare until the new dining rules apply.

POST FEB 2006

I don't think I will be renewing next year, especially as my new employer has wicked corporate rates with SPG....
Old Dec 14, 2005, 11:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: some, * alliance, OW, ISIC,
Originally Posted by ozstamps
I also got the letter - a big diminishment of bennies to me too re loss of 50% dining.

I have used that at Glass in SYD where meals can easily run $150 a couple - and if you have a free wine coupon .. coff.

The temporary paper invites still say 50% off on them.
glenn, sometime ago i wrote to you privately asking if you would be doing some get together joining hotel diso.... offer for all of us for 2006.

You said yes for Hilton.

I think everyone would be interested if you are doing it still?
Old Dec 31, 2005, 10:25 am
Suspended

Programs: some, * alliance, OW, ISIC,
could i draw the attention of our australian flyertalkers to the following thread.

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=437262

Basically i need help with getting diamond club to honour a wotif.com rate.

thanks
Old Jan 6, 2006, 7:02 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Australian Hiltons lose 5-star rating

Might be of interest to people that stay at these hotels.

http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/st...001028,00.html

THE Hilton hotels in Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide and Cairns have lost their coveted five-star ratings.

Failing to make the grade on things like decor, maintenance and external appearance, they have been downgraded to 4.5 star status.

The move has triggered a stoush between the luxury hotel chain and the country's only star-rating agency, AAA Tourism, the paper says.

A Hilton Hotel spokesman said the chain did not acknowledge AAA Tourism.

"What we do instead is Hilton sets global brand standards that it works to in over 80 countries in the world," he said.
Old Jan 8, 2006, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Can now buy a HPC membership via Wishlist.com.au for $255.

ozstamps, what is the partner membership deal worth this year?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.