FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   New Format for Booking Flights!! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/374739-new-format-booking-flights.html)

QFBoy Nov 25, 2004 8:38 am

New Format for Booking Flights!!

So many options!!

Qantas have changed the format for booking flights on their website. I was having a look for a flight, BNE-MEL, and it comes up with about 20 different flight combinations, just for the MORNING!!!

I do like how it sets out all the different fare types on the one screen so you can compare prices, but it is very confusing looking at so many flight combinations!! (Although good for working out maximum SC flights :p ) I think this will confuse some customers. :confused:

Would like your opinions on this..... :)

QFBoy

Lux Nov 25, 2004 9:29 am

Hmm, I'm not so familiar with the old site, but this one looks... comprehensive.

Good that there is such a wide choice, giving plenty of options, but the colours and text size make it quite hard to spot the prices. Have to scan the whole page to work out which one is the lowest (if you're happy with a restricted ticket) whilst the colours of the ticket type dominate. Think the BA site does it better when it comes to choosing flights, if not dates.

Being able to sort by time, price etc. is a nice function. But a bit cheeky that the details about it being one-way pricing only being hidden down the bottom.

Anyway, what'd the difference between red-e deal, super saver and flexi saver. Still a confused customer!

8/10 for trying (at least it gives plenty of choice, and can get outbound and return flights on the same page); 6/10 for implementation so far.

Globaliser Nov 25, 2004 10:36 am

Um, has anything changed? It all still looks the same to me. :confused:

Dave Noble Nov 25, 2004 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Um, has anything changed? It all still looks the same to me. :confused:

Looks the same to me too

Dave

og Nov 25, 2004 2:29 pm

I saw the change last night. Much better from QFs point of view as it allows easy selection of something other than the cheapest fare (I know this was an option before but it took a bit of (easy) work to make it happen). It's sort of like upselling - now I know there is a Business option available if I just want a N class fare..

AllyB Nov 25, 2004 4:24 pm

It looks different to me (although I haven't booked a flight on line in a while so the change may have existed for a while). I like the new format, but they used to list aircraft type which I thought was a good feature (b/c I prefer 767s over 737s). I know you can click on the flight number to get that info, so I'm probably just being overly picky/lazy.

QFBoy Nov 25, 2004 5:42 pm

I agree AllyB, I liked knowing what aircraft is operated for each flight. I guess it means having to move the mouse and click another time!!! Oh the hassles we have to go through!!! :p Thanks alot Qantas!

QFBoy :D

bravoecho Nov 25, 2004 6:02 pm

Don't know what your screens look like but at the moment I can still see the a/c type :confused: .

Kiwi Flyer Nov 25, 2004 6:06 pm

:confused: No change for me (and still see a/c type)!

Globaliser Nov 25, 2004 6:09 pm

Having a play on the site. I wonder if we're all talking at cross-purposes?

On domestics, I can see a listing with a coloured bar in the left hand column indicating what type of fare, and then a listing of aircraft types for each flight in the right hand column (and some assorted information of dubious ;) relevance in between). That's been in place for many months, now, IIRC.

On internationals, I get the newer screen where there's a narrower column listing of flights, with some greyed out. No aircraft type, unless you click the flight number to get the popup. The greyed out flights can come live if you select a different fare type. That's newer, but it's still been there for, what, 6 weeks or so now?

QFBoy Nov 25, 2004 6:11 pm

bravoecho,

you have to search for a flight and there is a new format for the different types of flights offered. It allows you to choose many options and fare types.

QFBoy

QFBoy Nov 25, 2004 6:14 pm

This is strange that some of us are seeing the new format and some of us the old. Try copying and pasting this link into your web browser.

http://wftc3.e-travel.com/pl/QFdomes...STAR_LINK=TRUE

Kiwi Flyer Nov 25, 2004 6:15 pm

Having a play on the site. I wonder if we're all talking at cross-purposes?

On domestics, I can see a listing with a coloured bar in the left hand column indicating what type of fare, and then a listing of aircraft types for each flight in the right hand column (and some assorted information of dubious ;) relevance in between). That's been in place for many months, now, IIRC.

On internationals, I get the newer screen where there's a narrower column listing of flights, with some greyed out. No aircraft type, unless you click the flight number to get the popup. The greyed out flights can come live if you select a different fare type. That's newer, but it's still been there for, what, 6 weeks or so now?

Maybe the changes havent been reflected in all the international websites? Just been onto QF NZ site and international still shows a/c type.

Globaliser Nov 25, 2004 6:26 pm

No, I'm looking at the main QF Oz site.

I wonder whether you get offered the new layout if the browser detects that you've got a fast connection? I could get it by using the link posted by QFBoy, but when I use the links to search again I am back to the old format. That's the only thing I can think of.

But at least I did get to see the new screen - thanks! When I can reliably get to play on it, I'll be able to form a view about it.

Preliminary thought though: Each flight being offered needs to be better separated from the next one. At the moment the text list looks a bit untidy. Unless, of course, that's a function of my having switched all images off on this browser.

Something in the code is also giving me stack overflow errors when returning to the search parameter input page.

Off to bed, now, anyway.

RickyT Nov 25, 2004 8:05 pm

I wonder whether you get offered the new layout if the browser detects that you've got a fast connection? I could get it by using the link posted by QFBoy, but when I use the links to search again I am back to the old format. That's the only thing I can think of.

Ummm..interesting thought. I was trying this at home (Cable connection) and at uni (some type of network access) and both time I access it, I got the new format. Could the speed of the connection be it?

I have to argee that the choice of fare types are handy (especially after May when dom-op can only not be done on a N/O Red e-deal anymore :( ), but I suggest you don't even need to click on the flight number to see the a/c type, just roll your mouse over the number and it should list the a/c type in the second last brackets.