Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

QF WP goes to the wild wild West (PER): FT meet-up

QF WP goes to the wild wild West (PER): FT meet-up

Old Oct 27, 04, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Gold, QF Silver (93.86% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond, SPG, PC. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Talking QF WP goes to the wild wild West (PER): FT meet-up

OK, I have finally been able to organise my trip to PER, so it goes like this:

Sunday, 31 October

QF663 BNE/ADL Dep 13.05 Arr 16.20, connecting to
QF595 ADL/PER Dep 16.45 Arr 17.30

I might not have much time for HP's in BNE and ADL, howerver if any PER based FT'ers have nothing planned for Sunday night, come out to the PER QP. As a Plat, I can get two non-flyers in..so perthite, StevePER, et al; are you around.

Alternatively, I am in PER until Wednesday. I am staying at the Perth Parmelia Hilton (great rate thanks to Hilton Diamond Club, $189 - my 20% discount = $151.20 per night). Other than working 8am to 6pm across the road in London House, I have no night-time plans; so drinks/dinner on either Mon or Tues can be arranged if that suits people better.

Returning on QF776 PER/MEL Dep 17.20 Arr 23.55 (as I didn't want to grab the red-eye to BNE) and overnighting in the MEL Hilton Airport. Then the early morning QF604 MEL/BNE Dep 07.05 Arr 08.10; to be picked up by Mrs QF WP and go straight to work.

Thanks to QF, all in K class except BNE/ADL in H...still, nice SC and FF points earning trip. Got a very good deal on that as well

so where are all the PER-based FT members???
Old Oct 27, 04, 7:50 pm

Hi QF WP,

How much for the flight and how many SC's?

Regards
Old Oct 27, 04, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VA Gold, QF Silver (93.86% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond, SPG, PC. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
QFBoy, $1,423.14 for 140 SC's or $10.16/SC...bit poor because of the H class fare
Old Oct 27, 04, 11:35 pm

Programs: DJ Silver, BA Silver, PC Gold, QF, SQ
Originally Posted by QF WP
I might not have much time for HP's in BNE and ADL, howerver if any PER based FT'ers have nothing planned for Sunday night, come out to the PER QP. As a Plat, I can get two non-flyers in..so perthite, StevePER, et al; are you around.
I may have plans for Sunday night (need to check with the fiancee) so Monday or Tuesday might be best for me. Alternatively, it's possible that my fiancee has plans for Sunday night and I don't. I will investigate...

Steve
Old Oct 28, 04, 7:46 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Might be able to make it on Sunday (depending on how well I'm going with a report I have to get done by Monday). Monday is out, but Tuesday could be a go, and given that I work very close to the Parmelia Hilton shouldn't be too hard too find my way there
Old Oct 28, 04, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Unless things change magically by Sunday for you both, StevePER and perthite it looks like a meeting Tuesday PM may be the go.

Anybody else in Perth (I remember a couple of people from the old FT web format, but can't think of their handles)
Old Oct 28, 04, 9:32 am
Suspended

Programs: CX Gold MPO
I will be in SYD tommorow from mid afternoon till 5:00pm (depending on whether I will get the standby or not).
On Saturday I will be at the MEL QP from 5:30pm-6:30pm for my flight ot PER

On Sunday I will be in the PER QP from 2-3:30pm.

Anyone coming?
Old Oct 28, 04, 6:44 pm

Programs: DJ Silver, BA Silver, PC Gold, QF, SQ
Originally Posted by StevePER
I may have plans for Sunday night
I can now confirm that I'm busy on Sunday. But Tuesday's sounding good, and the Hilton is half way between work and home for me.

Steve
Old Oct 28, 04, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

perthite and StevePER, lets make Tuesday night - say meet at Hilton @ 6pm in the Lobby area. I'll be the one with the FT tags hanging off his QFF bag. We can decide where to go from there...

newcx12345, I'm still in the air between BNE and ADL when you're there in the PER QP...sorry, I'll miss you.
Old Oct 29, 04, 2:42 am
RB

Programs: QF NB
Hi,

I'll also be flying to PER on Sunday from MEL. Arrive at 1315, however sorry that I won't be able to meet as I already have commitments.

RB
Old Oct 29, 04, 5:22 am
Original Poster

RB, that's a pity, I'm 4 hours behind you so you'd be long gone by the time I arrived on Sun. You are aware that we aren't meeting until Tuesday, aren't you RB.

We're still looking for additional bodies (the more, the merrier), 6pm Tuesday in the lobby of the Hilton.
Old Oct 30, 04, 2:12 am

Programs: United. Continental, BA, Starwood
Just happened to see this as I don't very often frequent the Qantas forum.

Sorry - but Tuesday evening I have a meeting and I'm the MC so have to show up.
It's also Melbourne Cup day, which limits my wine intake during the lunch time festivities
Old Oct 30, 04, 2:45 am
Original Poster

SuzieQ, you were one of those "original people" I remember from the "old" FT. Great to see you check out the QF site in time, but alas you can't join us on Tues night. I'm looking to get another group together from my other website, Australian Frequent Flyer, on Mon 6pm, same meeting point - you could join us then??
Old Oct 30, 04, 5:00 am
RB

Programs: QF NB
Tuesday is definetly out for me as I'll be down in the South West. Monday evening may be a possibility... although unlikely as I'll be visiting lots of friends that afternoon. Anyway if I'm in the area I'll drop in and say hello. Have a safe trip across everyone and I'm off to bed for an early start tomorrow
Old Oct 31, 04, 12:41 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Tuesday is looking good.....

Search this Thread
Search Engine: