Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status chaser calculator

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2004, 4:17 pm

Programs: QF. UA. Avis. AMEX.
spotwelder: care to share where I can purchase a AONE6 at that price from? I am free most Friday mornings at 0500, have 35 days of available annual leave and only require 3,000 SC's for lifetime gold.

StevePER: it might be worth adding flights to Nadi into the calculator with AirPacific and to Hong Kong with Cathay. At $650 return and 40 and 50 status credits it might be more expensive than others, but perhaps a little more interesting that a trans tasman run. A couple of other scenic but more expensive options would be SYD-Norfolk Island-Auckland.

All that is missing is the ability to hit a button that says "book now" and to provide it with some variables, such as requalification date and whether you can travel any time, evenings, or weekends and for it to run off and book those 50 CHC-WLG runs that you need
Old Sep 11, 2004, 4:25 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Great stuff StevePER ^^ - many thanks for your hard efforts so far.

But I couldnt help notice your to do was lacking "drink HPs at the QP"
Old Sep 11, 2004, 5:19 pm

Programs: QF, IB
Originally Posted by spotwelder
For around AU$7500 you can get a 6 continent First Class RTW if you know where to buy it. Some fairly creative abuse of the AONE6 rules should make that worth while. Only trouble is that you have to start on Fridays only at 0500 from the country concerned.

Ah well, back to the 1W site to start plotting some more dollars per status point adventures on the long haul to lifetime Gold status.
spotwelder, please do tell.
Old Sep 11, 2004, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
But I couldnt help notice your to do was lacking "drink HPs at the QP"
That's not something that needs to be planned for - it just happens.
Old Sep 11, 2004, 9:17 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

good point
Old Sep 11, 2004, 10:44 pm

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
Thanks for the tool, Steve.

From WLG, unless I go to Aus, there's only one place I need to go - CHC.
Old Sep 11, 2004, 10:51 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Some of the higher fare classes for trans-tasman with oz sectors added dont seem to be too far behind for $/sc (although worse $/mile).
Old Sep 11, 2004, 11:36 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Originally Posted by nonce
spotwelder: care to share where I can purchase a AONE6 at that price from? I am free most Friday mornings at 0500, have 35 days of available annual leave and only require 3,000 SC's for lifetime gold.
I suspect he is talking about a certain country in Africa. Have a look at the time and availability of BA flights to/from Djibouti. Arrivals from NBO at 00:45 and departures to NBO at 05:00. So that does not leave much time on the ground to find a TA to issue the ticket. Flights 3 days a week (Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday) and connect with BA flights to/from LRH.

Last edited by NM; Sep 12, 2004 at 12:06 am
Old Sep 12, 2004, 12:09 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Some of the higher fare classes for trans-tasman with oz sectors added dont seem to be too far behind for $/sc (although worse $/mile).
By higher fare classes, do you mean business class? Otherwise, all discount economy fares (that is all except full Y) earn low SC rates. H, K, B all earn the same SC's as N and O, so why pay the higher fare classes? Its only Australian domestic flights that earn full Y SC's in B, H and K fares.
Old Sep 12, 2004, 5:15 am

Programs: QF, IB
Originally Posted by NM
I suspect he is talking about a certain country in Africa. Have a look at the time and availability of BA flights to/from Djibouti. Arrivals from NBO at 00:45 and departures to NBO at 05:00.
Hi NM,

I also suspected that departure point, but I don't calculate it at $7500...a few thousand more perhaps (maybe I'm using the wrong currency converter )
Old Sep 12, 2004, 1:30 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by NM
By higher fare classes, do you mean business class? Otherwise, all discount economy fares (that is all except full Y) earn low SC rates. H, K, B all earn the same SC's as N and O, so why pay the higher fare classes? Its only Australian domestic flights that earn full Y SC's in B, H and K fares.
Rats I was getting confused with Australia only status earning and applying it incorrectly to international as well.
Old Sep 16, 2004, 6:53 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Quite a good tool, given the limitation that a computer could not hope to emulate the minds of most people on this board (as seen by many of the above comments and debates)!

As more of a regional flyer than most probably are, I've noticed to errors in status credits on two triangle routes. Both NAA-SYD and BLT-BNE involve transfers through other airports, and therefore give 20 SC's not 10 as listed in calculator (ie NAA-MRZ-SYD & BLT-EMD-BNE). You wouldn't want to split them into the two sectors though, as that would inflate the prices, as the first sectors only add $10 or so to prices of the two finals sectors (MRZ-SYD & EMD-BNE). Not sure if there are other sectors in the network like this (TPR-PER comes to mind, but that is in correctly), but these are the two I've experienced.
Old Sep 18, 2004, 2:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by lokijuh
As more of a regional flyer than most probably are, I've noticed to errors in status credits on two triangle routes. Both NAA-SYD and BLT-BNE involve transfers through other airports, and therefore give 20 SC's not 10 as listed in calculator (ie NAA-MRZ-SYD & BLT-EMD-BNE).
Fixed, thanks lokijuh. It appears that BLT is quite an attractive SC earner!

Steve
Old Sep 18, 2004, 4:51 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Thanks again StevePER.

Very, very minor point. There must be some kind of rounding happening for the sectors that isnt carried through to the total. Eg sectors 85.00 & 85.00 but total 169.99. Happy to leave as is.
Old Oct 1, 2004, 4:10 pm

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
Looking at decent SC opportunities (which have been thin on the ground recently), with this weekend's anemic sale you can get SYD-DRW via BNE for $363, 60SC's at about $6/SC - not brilliant, but at least the flights are easy, leave Sydney 7:30am, get back 8:40pm. Hopefully there'll be some more exciting options popping up in the near future!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.