Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas Dreamtime Business Seats - Surplus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas Dreamtime Business Seats - Surplus

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2004, 7:42 am
bneboy

Smile Qantas Dreamtime Business Seats - Surplus

Hi All,

I am wondering what Qantas will do with all of those spare Dreamtime business seats from the planes now with SkyBed configuration? No wouldn't it be nice to have one in your lounge room?

It would be a shame if they were to go to waste... I know that a seat is welcome at my house anytime

Cheers
David

Old Aug 27, 2004, 8:04 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Some of them have bene going into the 747-300's as part of the full cabin upgrade. But of course that does not account for all of them.

I wonder what the power requirements are for a Dreamtime seat? Obviously not 240V @ 50Hz. Could be interesting mounting them in the loungeroom.
Old Aug 27, 2004, 4:13 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
And who is going top give you a meal and a drink or ten whilst basking in the DT seat? Maybe necessary to mount it next to the fridge - sort of like the new J self-service bar..
Old Aug 27, 2004, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by NM
Could be interesting mounting them in the loungeroom.
Hmmm. They're alright, but I don't like them that much.
Old Aug 28, 2004, 7:35 am
bneboy

Well what can I say,

Look at this lucky person. They have a pair of Dreamtime seats in their house They seem to be B767 ones which I feel aren't as good as the ones on the 747. Well i wouldn't be complaining if i got a hand on a couple.

Here is the photo:
Dreamtime Business Seats - In someone's lounge

Cheers
David

Old Aug 28, 2004, 7:12 pm
NM

Originally Posted by bneboy
Well what can I say,

Look at this lucky person. They have a pair of Dreamtime seats in their house They seem to be B767 ones which I feel aren't as good as the ones on the 747. Well i wouldn't be complaining if i got a hand on a couple.
The only practical diff between the 8767 and 747 versions is that the 747's all now have the larger screens. But ythe screen is not likely to get much use in a loungeroom
Old Aug 28, 2004, 7:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

And its amazing how ridiculously out of place they look in that photo

Dave
Old Aug 29, 2004, 5:18 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum/Oneworld Emerald, Qantas Lifetime Gold
I was at the new Bondi Junction cinemas over the weekend, and they had a "demo" of their "gold class" (or whatever they call it seating - the seats at the back w/bar service) and they looked an awful lot like the dreamtimes! I thought there may be some synergies there...
Old Aug 29, 2004, 6:03 pm
NM

Originally Posted by AllyB
I was at the new Bondi Junction cinemas over the weekend, and they had a "demo" of their "gold class" (or whatever they call it seating - the seats at the back w/bar service) and they looked an awful lot like the dreamtimes! I thought there may be some synergies there...
Do they still have the flip up IFE screens with 18 movie channels just in case the big-screen movie is a bit boaring?
Old Aug 29, 2004, 8:29 pm

Programs: WN Rapid Rewards, DL SkyMiles, UA MileagePlus, HiltonHonors
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
And its amazing how ridiculously out of place they look in that photo

Dave
What are you talking about??? I think the horizontal blue stripes on the Dreamtimes pickup up the blue in the floral print on the soaf quite nicely.
Old Aug 29, 2004, 9:00 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum/Oneworld Emerald, Qantas Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by NM
Do they still have the flip up IFE screens with 18 movie channels just in case the big-screen movie is a bit boaring?
Good point! May be the only way to get your $30 out of it (or whatever they charge - I'm sure it's a ludicrously high margin product!)
Old Sep 6, 2004, 11:33 pm
NM

Well, its not a dreamtime, and not even a business class seat, but this might interest someone around here.

Would certainly make a talking point!
Old Sep 7, 2004, 12:23 am

Programs: QF NS, UA 2P
Last i heard, the seats that were no longer needed were simply being thrown out. When QF was giving the 734's their reconfig to install the slimlines, staff at QF who were in the know were allowed to take these for little to no money. This was stopped after many turned up on ebay and in the trading post. Now they are all wrapped in plastic and thrown out.

Cheers
Old Sep 7, 2004, 2:14 am

Programs: QFF WP :-0, AC, FlyBuys, Porter's Liquor Store, Mother's Helper
The decorator touch could be used in that lounge room with extreme urgency. It's apauling that the owner could even think of publicising a photo to the www.

I may be wrong though and it could have been a vicious neighbour.
Old Sep 7, 2004, 10:19 pm

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by GoldFlyer
The decorator touch could be used in that lounge room with extreme urgency. It's apauling that the owner could even think of publicising a photo to the www.
LOL, my thoughts exactly!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.