Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas to go AVOD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2005, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by FLYaway3x
... What are the odds this route will have AVOD by then, I'm assuming this will be one of the first to get AVOD (but then you know what they say about assuming )!
You may be in luck, but YMMV!

In case they don't have it (which will be real rough ), does the QF seat have a High8 slot as well?
YES

Also, QF describes some sort of unique cabin lighting system on their J and F class cabins. Is this ALA EK or is it basically just a marketing gimmick? ...
Probably

For more information, check the International First Web Page.
Old Feb 2, 2005, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by NM
Hmm, if you could start and pause the movie as you wanted, then it is on-demand, and that is not supposed to be installed in the A330's until later this month. Perhaps the first was a ahead of schedule? or they were testing the upgraded system.

The system installed in the A330-300's is VOD-ready and just needs a software upgrade apparently.
Well, the thing that made me think that it was unremarkable was that the aircraft came with a specific AVOD IFE programme book, listing not only what was available but also how to use it. A bit like the ones on the 744s but specific to the AVOD.

But it would be good if they upgraded the software. It was a bit clunky - and as I say the box gave out at my seat and I had to move. Lucky that Y load was somewhere around 30%.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.