Mini MR BNE-OOL-NTL-OOL-BNE

Old Jun 7, 04, 2:32 am
Original Poster

Mini MR BNE-OOL-NTL-OOL-BNE

Hi all from a new FT member. I did a baby MR on the week end Brisbane to Newcastle RTN to grab the double points(4,000) on QF link. I did this to take me up to the 110,000 point range, tiny I know but my work in QLD GOV states we MUST fly Virgin Blue as it is based in BNE, so no FF points.

The cost at $192 for the day is fair for the points but not SC. In all a very long day on a Dash-8 as it was via the Gold Coast. However the BNE-OOL leg both ways was great due to the views. With only about 30 PAX on the Dash-8 300 seat 1A was mine up and back, due to QP membership without any one next to me.

So, would I do it again? Yes/no as Mrs FT was not happy with my little trip for the day. But it will give us one ticket to the UK perhaps?

Thks for your thoughts,

Tonybne
Old Jun 7, 04, 3:59 am

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
did you get 40 SC for the trip? or was OOL he stopver?

i can confirm bne->ool>bne is a nice trip, although short, the view and landmark spotting makes it fun

enjoy the free london flight!
Old Jun 9, 04, 9:00 pm

Programs: QF SG, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, HH Gold
Originally Posted by tonybne
Hi all from a new FT member. I did a baby MR on the week end Brisbane to Newcastle RTN to grab the double points(4,000) on QF link. I did this to take me up to the 110,000 point range, tiny I know but my work in QLD GOV states we MUST fly Virgin Blue as it is based in BNE, so no FF points.

The cost at $192 for the day is fair for the points but not SC. In all a very long day on a Dash-8 as it was via the Gold Coast. However the BNE-OOL leg both ways was great due to the views. With only about 30 PAX on the Dash-8 300 seat 1A was mine up and back, due to QP membership without any one next to me.

So, would I do it again? Yes/no as Mrs FT was not happy with my little trip for the day. But it will give us one ticket to the UK perhaps?

Thks for your thoughts,

Tonybne
If you got 40 SC's for the MR then that is pretty damn good value! That is only $4.8 per SC. But I'm figuring that ain't how it goes??

PP
Old Jun 10, 04, 5:48 am

Hi Tony. I think I was on your flight! As hungover and sleep-deprived as I was after a conference in Brisbane I still could not bring myself to take my eyes off that gorgeous scenery from BNE-OOL

It was also my first Qantas flight
Old Jun 12, 04, 2:33 am

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
Originally Posted by JodieD
It was also my first Qantas flight
First Qantas flight?

You know what we do to virginblue lovers on this board....................
Old Jun 12, 04, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by d00t
You know what we do to virginblue lovers on this board....................
Thankfully have never flown with the Vermin either, so I guess I am safe! Most of my flying is o/s these days. Used to fly Ansett many moons ago though.
Old Jun 12, 04, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

Sc Bne-ool-ntl-ool-bne

Thanks all for your comments.

I very much doubt I will receive 40 SC on my baby MR. Mrs FT has come around a little re my MR as I was able to surpise her with a week end over night trip to TSV on QF, at ony $120 rtn. I booked it about a mth ago, during a sale, So, next week end will tell if all is forgiven?

Jodie, great that you too enjoyed the view from the Dash-8, I have some good photo's that I will try a scan in, as I still use film, not digital yet?

I will try my first Jet Star trip in Mid Aug at $100 RTN to CNS too good not to try it out. As it is my Fathers bithday then. Will check in early use the QP and try for a exit seat? Wish me luck.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: