Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

The NEW -what are they serving in QPs/F Lounges thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The NEW -what are they serving in QPs/F Lounges thread!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2004, 5:58 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Originally Posted by dashman
I think I'll try the Bock.
Good choice. The Shiner is ok. I like the local Ziegen Bock as well.
Old Jun 23, 2004, 4:24 am

Programs: QFF / Hertz / HH
Got to Agree, Dave

Have to agree with you when you say that the QF lounges have a bit of a way to come up to BA lounges (first page)....

I was in MAN BA Exec lounge, going from MAN-FRA not too long ago, and was amazed that they had cointreau in the lounge, plus packs of walker's (potato chips), pretty nice sandwiches....thought I had walked into the wrong lounge !

Cans of stella, boddies and Newky Brown too.

When I read 'soda machine' for the beers, I almost fell off my chair - HERESY ! How dare they !
Old Jun 25, 2004, 10:43 pm

Programs: QF WP, (OW Emerald)
Peering in to the fridge at the LAX Admirals Club a few minutes ago I noted the following brews:
Miller Genuine Draft and Miller Light, Bud, Guiness, Amstel Light, Buckler, Samuel Adams Boston Lager and Heineken.
Old Jun 27, 2004, 6:13 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Dashman, we missed by a day or two. In the same LAX F QP on Wednesday, I was most disappointed at the w(h)ine selection. Some California Merlot plonk, something looking very pale (white?) and in a 1.5 litre bottle, the same beers and some very expensive brandy that was murdered by the crappy ginger ale that Mrs og demanded. At least the snacks were OK.
Old Jul 12, 2004, 7:39 am
NM

I didn't check the wines in the LAX T4 F lounge, except to note the champers was Moet. But the spirit and beer selection was exactly as described in detail by Mr Noble.

I arrived off QF175 and the lounge was almost empty for the first hour or so of my visit, then it filled up. We landed just before the scheduled 7am. We were the only flight arriving at TBI and no delays at all at INS in TBI yesterday, just two people in front of my in the queue and three agents working the one queue. My bag was already circling the belt when I arrived, and I was the first exit through customs. I was over to T4 security withing 15 mins of landing, and into the FL in about another 5 mins.
Old Jul 12, 2004, 8:04 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by og
Today in the SEA AC:
Beers (Local Microbrews from Seattle area - and most yummy):
Bridgeport India pale Ale
Red Hook
Fat Tire Amber Ale
Henry Weinhard
You are giving Seattle a bit too much credit, technically only Red Hook of those is a Seattle microbrewery. Fat Tire is from Fort Collins, Colorado, while Bridgeport is from Oregon, and Weinhard is a Budweiser scale operation (good beer but hardly micro-brewed). Even Red Hook brews more beer outside of Seattle than in it (they have several other breweries, including one in New Hampshire on the east coast). Too bad they don't stock North Coast Old Rasputin ale (maybe the finest beer brewed in the US but hard to find outside of Fort Bragg except at the LAX 4 Points beer pub).
Old Jul 19, 2004, 9:41 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Being drunk in the BNE F lounge now...

Chandon Imperial Brut 1999 (poor isn't it)

The usual drinks as per NM's earlier post on this lounge...

Next, SIN F lounge in about 9 hours - well, assuming we get there....there's a fire alarm going off in BNE Intl Terminal at present, delaying check-in...those baggage handlers must be lighting up (it's in their sector!)
Old Jul 20, 2004, 5:09 am

Safe travels Lindsay, and look after the Mrs WP as well. ^
Hope you enjoy the trip and please keep us posted on your journey.
Cheers
IainF
Old Jul 20, 2004, 6:36 am

Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Being sampled in the SIN F lounge:

Pol Roger
Joseph Perrier

Goundrey Unwooded Chardonnay 2002
Goundrey Cabernet Merlot 2002
Old Jul 20, 2004, 7:11 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
What a sad "transgression" for QF WP from being drunk in BNE F and now only being sampled in SIN F. Suppose the next 14 hours will be "recovering over the Middle East with water"...
Old Jul 20, 2004, 11:10 pm

Smile LHR Terminal 1 First Lounge has...

Now for a fortifying early morning drink, we have arrived in the LHR T1 First lounge - wow, very impressive Lounge with Molton Brown Spa and a circular bar area. What is there on offer this morning (but not going to sample now, because we'll have the opportunity to do so on the flight to HKG in 2 weeks):

Champagne

Laurent Perrier Brut L-P

White Wines

Lincourt Chardonnay 2001 (USA)
Laboure-Roi Puligny-Montrachet 1996 (FRA)
St Supery Meritage 2001 (USA)
Roux Pere & Fils Saint Aubin 2001 (FRA)

Red Wines

Chateaux Petit Village Ponerol 1995 (FRA)
Cline Zinfandel 2001 (USA)
Drystone Vineyard Pinor Noir 2001 (NZ)
Abbots Boreas 1999
Veramonte Merlot 2002 (Chile)

As for the spirits, well they are all there...I think Dave Noble reported on those previously.
Old Jul 20, 2004, 11:20 pm
NM

Originally Posted by QF WP
As for the spirits, well they are all there...I think Dave Noble reported on those previously.
I supposed I could go look for the DSN post, but does the T1 F lounge have the JW Blue? Or is that just the T4 F lounge?
Old Jul 20, 2004, 11:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

The dsn post only covered T4. Not visited the T1 lounge yet

Dave
Old Jul 20, 2004, 11:54 pm
NM

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
The dsn post only covered T4. Not visited the T1 lounge yet

Dave
Then its a good job I didn't go wasting my time searching then . Since our intrepif on-the-ground reporter was so self-focused to only report the plonk, I will take it upon myself to report on the LHR T1 scotch offering when I transit that lounge in a few weeks time.
Old Jul 22, 2004, 6:21 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
The T1 F bar is identical to T4 F when they can keep things in stock (harder to do in T1 due to the hordes of BA Golds flying CE who now descend upon the F lounge and they all seem quite capable of drinking a bottle of Blue on their own). I just wish BA had a decent Gigondas or Corton in T1, of course that would be better than anything they serve onboard these days so wishful thinking. Even the Concorde Room at LHR is not decimated, what a sad decline (and not just in the bar).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.