Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

The NEW -what french are they serving in FIRST thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The NEW -what french are they serving in FIRST thread!

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2007, 6:20 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Yes, Australia domestic and trans-tasman.

1+1 is standard? Geez on NZ they have a minimum of 2+2 in economy trans-tasman, and always more in business. QF is slipping.
Old May 2, 2007, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Yup - funny how a misload is always down a class. Never get loaded business wines for economy or first wines for business.

Speaking of QF wines I was shocked to see some recent business class flights (yes more than one) had just 1 red and 1 white on offer. Even economy on other airlines offers more.
Actually my dear friend, Qantas offer a choice of 2 types of white and red in economy international and a choice of white and red on international flights. Only on Business and economy domestic do they offer only one type of white and red. In Business this is a premium 750ml offering. Tell me, which size of bottle do they offer on Air NZ domestic in business? oh that's right 187ml and what sort of premium wine comes in that format? As mesmerising as they are, forums are most definitely a forum for the ill-informed.
Old May 2, 2007, 5:33 am

...and just to re-iterate two types of white and red on business class international.
Old May 2, 2007, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by serfty
I assume you referring to "SWP domestic"? You know, SYD-CNS, DRW-SYD, AKL-ADL, BNE-MEL?

In which case that seems to standard for Business class on these flights.

These days, with Qantas the only flights you'll get more than one type each of red, white and bubbled wine in J on a flight in this region is trans-Tasman on QF25/QF26 and perhaps some flights betwixt SE OZ & PER.
Well noted. Tell me Kiwi Flyer, which airline serves more than one choice on white and red in Business class on a domestic airline???????
Old May 2, 2007, 5:45 am

Though I should also highlight that this is not a downgrade. As with other carriers on domestic Qantas has never offered more than one type of red and white on domestic services. It actually recently introduced a second choice of each on Perth City Flyers because of the usual length of these services. Can you imagine the wastage that already exists on short sectors - say Canberra to Sydney?!

As a V frequent flyer I can also tell you that Qantas rotates it wines every 4-6 weeks these days, which is pretty frequent and means I don't get bored of them - I enjoy the opportunity to doscover new wines. Recently enjoyed Majella Cabernet - not a bad offering as this retails for $20-30!!!
Old May 2, 2007, 9:10 am

Programs: QF WP, VA, AA
Originally Posted by The naked truth
In Business this is a premium 750ml offering. Tell me, which size of bottle do they offer on Air NZ domestic in business? oh that's right 187ml and what sort of premium wine comes in that format? As mesmerising as they are, forums are most definitely a forum for the ill-informed.
Including those who think NZ has a domestic business class?
Old May 2, 2007, 3:13 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Actually my dear friend, Qantas offer a choice of 2 types of white and red in economy international and a choice of white and red on international flights. Only on Business and economy domestic do they offer only one type of white and red. In Business this is a premium 750ml offering. Tell me, which size of bottle do they offer on Air NZ domestic in business? oh that's right 187ml and what sort of premium wine comes in that format? As mesmerising as they are, forums are most definitely a forum for the ill-informed.
My recent flights on QF included international (trans-tasman) and domestic in business. I know what wine was offered - 1 white + 1 red. Others have confirmed with me their recent experiences are the same.

On NZ I have also recently flown trans-tasman in business. They had several (as in more than 2) each of white & red. I fly NZ frequently and cannot recall getting mini bottles except in economy. FYI NZ has no domestic business class and hasn't for quite some years. I have also recently flown trans-tasman in economy on NZ and been offered at least 2 whites and 2 reds.

Well noted. Tell me Kiwi Flyer, which airline serves more than one choice on white and red in Business class on a domestic airline???????
Last month I flew on Lufthansa between Berlin and Frankfurt in business class (a flight of about 1 hour) and had a choice of wine - a couple of whites and reds. According to your post Qantas still does also on Perth routes (its been some months since I've flown that route so take your word for it).
Old May 3, 2007, 4:40 am

Programs: QC Life, QFF Plat No 0010XXX, AA Plat 2 MM, Sinbad Blue, HHonors Dia., Marriott Titanium, IHG Amb
About Majella

As a V frequent flyer I can also tell you that Qantas rotates it wines every 4-6 weeks these days, which is pretty frequent and means I don't get bored of them - I enjoy the opportunity to doscover new wines. Recently enjoyed Majella Cabernet - not a bad offering as this retails for $20-30!!!
Shortly after a recent onboard incident that followed the serving of this wine in Business Class, a competition was run for the best one-liner. The Fin Review reported the winner was apparently the Vigneron a few paddocks down from the Majella winery. The best entry (so to speak) went something like this -
" If ya wanna fella......serve Majella!!"

Happy travels. John.

Last edited by JohnSydney2000; May 3, 2007 at 4:40 am Reason: spelling
Old Jun 18, 2011, 4:00 am
Original Poster

though I started this thread back in the year dot would like to know the updated First class Champagne for friends of mine,
any info appreciated.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 4:28 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Its still the excellent Taittinger Comtes de Champagne Blanc de Blancs 1999

http://www.qantas.com.au/infodetail/...tWineGuide.pdf for the Australian/NZ parts of the wine list.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.