Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

General lounge and P1 lounges passes invalid for all Perth lounges when transferred

General lounge and P1 lounges passes invalid for all Perth lounges when transferred

Old May 18, 2024, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF P1 LTG SQ PPS IHG Diamond Elite

Thoughts appreciated on:
1. I have 2 family members flying the Perth-Paris direct in August and their attempts to link the lounge passes I transferred to them have failed.
I can't find any information on the Qantas website which specifically states that the Perth International Business lounge does not accept lounge passes, including P1 passes, but this has been confirmed by the VIP service team today due to "the size of the lounge"
2. Also the Qantas Business lounge which is in the "same" terminal (technically in Perth T3/4 are "down the corridor" from each other, cannot be used by them as that is "for domestic flights" (it would have been a good customer-focused solution to allow access to this as the International area/lounge access is only allowed 3 hours before the flight), which would help the space issue, or even the Qantas Club upstairs
3. A consistent theme with our national carrier- offering, not delivering, lots of reasons for not delivering, the reasons not being customer-focused; Qantas knew there would be potentially 4 Perth-Europe nonstops (Frankfurt being the potential 4th)- common sense - build bigger lounges with more capacity rather than complain to the customer that the lounge isn't big enough or offer an alternative solution
Old May 19, 2024, 6:50 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I would just bring that topic up and write to QF, maybe even QF senior management. They need to hear this from their most loyal customers and as a P1 you are clearly demonstrating that.
:D! likes this.
Old May 19, 2024, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF P1 LTG SQ PPS IHG Diamond Elite
Thanks
Have done

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.