Qf 11 cancelled 11/5

Old May 11, 2024, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF P1 LTG SQ PPS IHG Diamond Elite
Qf 11 cancelled 11/5

Hi
Anyone know why QF 11 was cancelled yesterday?
Old May 11, 2024, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ianassum
Anyone know why QF 11 was cancelled yesterday?
Broken aircraft

Last edited by DownUnderFlyer; May 12, 2024 at 11:37 am Reason: removed reported link
Old May 12, 2024, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF P1 LTG SQ PPS IHG Diamond Elite
Thank you
Old May 12, 2024, 11:50 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Hope QF wasnt selling the cancelled flight after it was cancelled
Old May 16, 2024, 2:33 am

Programs: BA Gold AVIS Presidents Club
Currently sittiing in Singapore off of yesterdays QF 1 which deplanned the pax after 30 mins when the water pumps x 2 wouldnt cooperate. 24 hr delay. Note another QF1 is currently en route from Syd. We are scheduled to leave at 2245 tonight. Anyone know if we get any comp other than the hotel and catering. Doesnt appear so. As an aside I was on the QF 37 which was delayed out of Mel again - second day in a row I believe - and missed connecting to BA 0012 to Lhr - so out of the frying pan into the fire onto QF1 and off again. Initial org of 500 pax was poor and confusing. Took a few hours before the call to cancel was made whilst fixs were tried. Eventuated in a 7am check in at the hotel after arriving almost 7-8 hrs before. 5 star hotel (Grand C@pthorne Waterfr@nt) ok - though $28 for a beer not so Ok.
Being old school gen and well travelled with simple plans and no deadlines or connections beyongUK until Sunday, I didt get too phased by events caused by these IRROPS though many others did as so many family plans / Euro tours /onward connections were completely scuppered. Laters will be interesting!
OF.

Last edited by OldFruity; May 16, 2024 at 2:44 am Reason: Just noticed the original thread wasnt about QF1!
Old May 21, 2024, 10:42 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Originally Posted by OldFruity
Currently sittiing in Singapore off of yesterdays QF 1 which deplanned the pax after 30 mins when the water pumps x 2 wouldnt cooperate. 24 hr delay. Note another QF1 is currently en route from Syd. We are scheduled to leave at 2245 tonight. Anyone know if we get any comp other than the hotel and catering. Doesnt appear so. As an aside I was on the QF 37 which was delayed out of Mel again - second day in a row I believe - and missed connecting to BA 0012 to Lhr - so out of the frying pan into the fire onto QF1 and off again. Initial org of 500 pax was poor and confusing. Took a few hours before the call to cancel was made whilst fixs were tried. Eventuated in a 7am check in at the hotel after arriving almost 7-8 hrs before. 5 star hotel (Grand C@pthorne Waterfr@nt) ok - though $28 for a beer not so Ok.
Being old school gen and well travelled with simple plans and no deadlines or connections beyongUK until Sunday, I didt get too phased by events caused by these IRROPS though many others did as so many family plans / Euro tours /onward connections were completely scuppered. Laters will be interesting!
OF.
Not on topic, but if you were booked on QF1 from SYD-LHR, would UK261 compensation not be in play here? As it's a direct flight to the UK (even with a planned stop) on one flight number, it should be covered?
Old May 21, 2024, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by pythonisman
Not on topic, but if you were booked on QF1 from SYD-LHR, would UK261 compensation not be in play here? As it's a direct flight to the UK (even with a planned stop) on one flight number, it should be covered?
No, only flights departing the UK are in scope of UK261 for non UK carriers.
Old May 22, 2024, 3:56 am

The ticket was booked through BA Mel/Sin/Lhr. Ironically the first leg QF flight was delayed so I missed the BA connection resulting in a seat oin QF1 which also went tech. Whilst I did not and still do not expect any compensation the CSM on board proactively advised pax that we would get 20,000 QF points authorised by her, and that we should apply for compensation as we were entitled. When advised that I was with the Avios currency she implied that the QF points would be transferrable - which they are not. Anyway I shant be chasing any compensation as according to anecdotal evidence both on FT and elsewhere , its pointless - excuse the pun.
OF
Old May 29, 2024, 9:19 am

Re the above, and as a data point, Ive just received a $500 voucher valid till 2027 to spend with QF for the delayed QF1 out of Singapore on 16 May. Didnt chase it so pleasantly surprised.And yes I will fly with em on QF1 again. Originally posted under the QF compensation thread
OF

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.