Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Oneworld Global Classic Reward transit

Oneworld Global Classic Reward transit

Old Apr 28, 2024, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Frequent Flyers
Question Oneworld Global Classic Reward transit

I am looking at doing the rtw Oneworld business CR flights and I am Bronze. I want to start in Sydney or Brisbane and fly to San Francisco or LA to begin our trip but it is almost impossible to snag these seats or the airlines arenít in Oneworld. I am thinking it would be better to fly SYD - Tokyo (Haneda) but that flight arrives an hour after the Haneda - San Fran leaves. I do not want to use Japan as one of my stops so I need to be out in 24 hrs. There is a flight the following day under the 24 hrs but it is leaving from Narita airport.
is it permissible to fly out of a different airport with Oneworld classic rewards?
Thank you for any suggestions
Old Apr 28, 2024, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nivicome
I am looking at doing the rtw Oneworld business CR flights and I am Bronze. I want to start in Sydney or Brisbane and fly to San Francisco or LA to begin our trip but it is almost impossible to snag these seats or the airlines aren’t in Oneworld. I am thinking it would be better to fly SYD - Tokyo (Haneda) but that flight arrives an hour after the Haneda - San Fran leaves. I do not want to use Japan as one of my stops so I need to be out in 24 hrs. There is a flight the following day under the 24 hrs but it is leaving from Narita airport.
is it permissible to fly out of a different airport with Oneworld classic rewards?
Thank you for any suggestions
Have requested this thread be moved to QF sub forum.

Best place to ask these questions is AFF's dedicated QF Oneworld thread. People with a lot of experience with this QF award on AFF
Link--->https://www.australianfrequentflyer....e-thread.8228/

Also look from MEL. And to DFW as well as LAX & SFO.
Business class harder to get. Hard to get QF(Oneworld) award flights out of/into AU. A tad easier ounce out of AU.
Good luck
nivicome likes this.

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Apr 28, 2024 at 7:28 pm
Old Apr 28, 2024, 10:50 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
There is a MEL/NRT on JL - this may work better for you? (it is still an early monring flight)
nivicome likes this.
Old May 2, 2024, 10:44 pm

Yes but if on the same day allow plenty of connection time between Haneda and Narita. Fastest shuttle bus service takes almost 2 hrs, add to that customs, immigration and security timings.
nivicome and Koru Flyer like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.