Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Business Reward Booking with QFF points

Old Mar 12, 2024, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: qantas

My head hurts. I haven't flown for 5 years and need to take a very last min business trip to China (specifically Yiwu) from Brisbane.
I have about 300,000 Qantas points so want to go business. I can see BA to Singapore availability with points, but it is a pain to get to Yiwu from there.
Next option is Cathay Pacific Business to CAN (then I would book the yiwu part seperately as I cannot do that on the Qantas site) which has quite a lot of availability. I have never flown business long haul before so it is quite a big thing for me to spend all those points and want to make sure it is the best ever.

Any tips? Which time/aircraft is better? Not really too keen on the one that leaves at almost 1am..... I see there is a new Aria suite coming which I guess I will miss I am so confused, I am even considering just going economy with China Southern as at least I can get there in one go.

Please be kind!
Old Mar 12, 2024, 7:36 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Moving to the QF forum, as the currency being discussed is Qantas Points. Thanks. /JY1024, Senior Moderator
Old Mar 12, 2024, 8:52 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
CX would be a better experience in business than BA (better product, better food/drinks, better lounges in HKG), and as you say would be less of a drama to get there.

CX has small differences between planes but essentially the same across 330/777/350, or at least similar enough I would not bother with the difference. I would avoid the late 1am CX flights and go for a mid morning, arrive in to HKG in time for dinner, and then flight out the next day.

Be wary of separate tickets, if you miss one flight then you are stuck.

Have you looked at using points on China Southern?

KF

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.