Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

SYD Domestic T3 - SYD International T1

Old Mar 11, 2024, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver

We will be returning from our holidays flying with Qantas from BNE - SYD in business and then onwards in business with BA to LHR. My wife has MS and has assistance arranged. Can anyone tell me how the transfer from SYD Domestic to SYD International with Qantas works. I have read somewhere that Qantas does an airside transfer between the 2 terminals but cannot find anything that tells me how transfer works where assistance is concerned. Also what I have read suggests that Qantas airside transfer is only where those arriving on the inbound Qantas flight are transferring to another Qantas flight. Our flight is booked with BA and is codeshare on the BNE - SYD leg.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 11:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Assuming that it is, as would seem to be with BNE_SYD being a BA codeshare, a through booking from BNE-SIN/LHR, then bags will be checked through and no problem using the Qantas transfer service to T1

If you have a wheelchair booked, then the wheelchair should meet you at the aeroplane on arrival

It is not really an airside transfer - it will pick up airside in the domestic terminal but drops off landside at the international terminal and you then go through as any other departing passenger

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.