Classic Rewards RTW Booking

Old Mar 11, 2024, 2:19 am
Original Poster

Classic Rewards RTW Booking

Hi all,

Have an existing classic rewards RTW booking that's maxed out the points.

Just had to book a flight separately last minute for a family funeral. When booking this flight there was only one classic reward flight, so my partner grabbed that and then separately I bought a paid flight. After we'd booked, another classic reward flight was added so I cancelled my paid flight and got that. So, we have one classic reward RTW booking, then two separate classic reward flights which we would be eligible to pull under the RTW booking (and hence pay no points minus the change fee).

Question - if I get those two separate bookings linked to the RTW booking do the points I already paid for them get refunded? Or, would I have to call up Qantas, cancel those two separate bookings whilst on the phone, then hope that they both get added back into the pool and the agent could book them (which seems unlikely given past experiences with Qantas, call centres and amending bookings)?

Cheers
Old Mar 11, 2024, 1:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You will need to cancel the existing booking and then try adding to existing booking.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 8:41 pm

You need to cancel the booking and place the segments under the RTW booking to avail of the capped pricing. Note that if you have it booked already as an award, there is no guarantee that the same award will be released back into inventory.

You can't link bookings - separate PNRs will always remain separate PNRs
Old Mar 13, 2024, 1:24 pm

You canít link the PNRs. To be part of your RTW you would need to cancel the short flight and call up and add it as a leg on your RTW. That is assuming the short flight goes back into inventory as a CR which isnít always the case.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.