Fare Codes

Old Feb 21, 2024, 3:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM
Fare Codes

I've looked into how to check fare codes before purchasing the tickets.
However, most of the results are outdated and before 2011.
Are there still any methods to check the fare codes beforehand?
Million thanks!
Old Feb 21, 2024, 1:33 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
While not ideal, and all I am trying to do is avoid /E/ fares (cheapest) - not available for earning on BA (let me know if that has changed...)

Red-e fare vs flexible fare do not fall into buckets that match other OW programs. i.e. a flexible fare does not earn flexible miles with BA for example - and the price of Y/B fares is not where I would want to chase that rabbit.

I typically do one of;
1. Use a TA to book the exact bucket.
2. Use ITA Matrix or some other online site to work out what the it looks like from the price approximate what bucket the fare is trying to book into, and then buy on qantas.com if it is not /E/, but then I need a TA if I am looking for a specific bucket.
3. Phone QF to ask them - when I explain, 50/50 they will waive the phone booking fee.

(There is probably a good business model for a website that would allow people to select what fare bucket they want or to avoid with a given carrier - perhaps they call those people TAs ;-) )

If you let us know what you are trying to avoid or gain, with which program it will be easier to provide more specific details.

Cheers,

KF
Old Feb 21, 2024, 9:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by Koru Flyer
While not ideal, and all I am trying to do is avoid /E/ fares (cheapest) - not available for earning on BA (let me know if that has changed...)

Red-e fare vs flexible fare do not fall into buckets that match other OW programs. i.e. a flexible fare does not earn flexible miles with BA for example - and the price of Y/B fares is not where I would want to chase that rabbit.

I typically do one of;
1. Use a TA to book the exact bucket.
2. Use ITA Matrix or some other online site to work out what the it looks like from the price approximate what bucket the fare is trying to book into, and then buy on qantas.com if it is not /E/, but then I need a TA if I am looking for a specific bucket.
3. Phone QF to ask them - when I explain, 50/50 they will waive the phone booking fee.

(There is probably a good business model for a website that would allow people to select what fare bucket they want or to avoid with a given carrier - perhaps they call those people TAs ;-) )

If you let us know what you are trying to avoid or gain, with which program it will be easier to provide more specific details.

Cheers,

KF
I am trying to avoid the cheapest fares.
I am with Cathay and according to its calculator, only fare classes Y B H K L M V can be credited.

Regards,
Henry

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.