Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Double Status Credits or Double Points 2024

Old Feb 20, 2024, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DownUnderFlyer
Open or download the Qantas App and register your choice of reward by 11.59pm (AEDT) 27 February 2024. To see the offer, ensure you have the latest version of the app and are logged in.Book an eligible Qantas marketed and operated flight by 11.59pm (AEDT) 27 February 2024, for travel between 28 February 2024 and 14 February 2025. Whether you池e booking in the app, via qantas.com, Qantas Holidays or your travel agent, remember to include your Qantas Frequent Flyer number and your business痴 ABN, if applicable.

What flights are eligible for this offer
Australian Domestic and International Qantas marketed and operated flights booked between Wednesday 21 February 2024 and Tuesday 27 February 2024, for travel between Wednesday 28 February 2024 and Friday 14 February 2025. QF flights operated by Finnair for Qantas (QF291, QF292, QF295 and QF296) will be eligible for this offer. Any other flight with a QF flight number on the ticket which is not operated by Qantas including Jetstar, Jetstar Asia, Jetstar Japan, and other partner airlines will not be eligible for this offer. Double Qantas Points or double Status Credits will not be earned on some fare types and booking classes. See Airline Earning Table for details.
Print Wikipost

Double Status Credits or Double Points 2024

Old Feb 22, 2024, 3:47 am

Programs: QFF WP
Is it possible to change a flexible one-way booking to a return booking later on the same PNR, thus keeping the DSC (change after the promotion booking period, flights within the promotion period)?
Old Feb 22, 2024, 4:15 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
Originally Posted by grinna
Is it possible to change a flexible one-way booking to a return booking later on the same PNR, thus keeping the DSC (change after the promotion booking period, flights within the promotion period)?
i believe if you use same PNR that's created during the promotional period it will qualify. but given how it is important for the DSC, I often won't change the dates/times at all.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 12:10 am

pdinOZ. Are flight credit bookings eligible?
Be very careful, if you have a voucher/credit issued on a previous date and use it to make a booking in this promotion period, the booking will probably have a booking reference which matches your voucher and therefore the date the voucher was issued. That would not be in this promotional period and bookings are ineligible for DSC.
If you use a previously issued voucher and add $$ to pay for the booking, it will make no difference. Then, if you then realise your booking is ineligible, often you will not get a refund if you cancel, just yet another credit voucher which will still have the original issue date of the original voucher.
It's way confusing with vouchers, best just use $$.
fakecd likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 1:29 am

for those booking using qf.com during promotion be very careful. QF has changed some routing logics such that ex-XXX international to AUS with domestic connections all force booked to economy cabin even i'm booking a through business fare. So for example fare rule on I saver farebasis I30HKA, book a HKG-SYD-OOL. The SYD-OOL leg on website is forcing to be economy cabin. Using both direct booking and/or multicity gives same bogus results, if I choose "flex" they give me stupidly priced fare.

So I called Amex, thanks for their International Airline Program not only I saved 11% (final fare $6k AUD all in) to fly HKG-SYD-MEL-OOL return, netting 880 SC, all in business cabin. QF.com was $6.5k AUD for HKG-SYD-OOL with economy domestic connection. I thought Vanessa wanted to make up for past sins of Joyce, but these little dirty tricks they are playing angers me and almost a deceptive practice that ACCC should look into, except for ex-overseas travel not sure how the legal jusrisdiction of consumer protection is handled.

Irony of it, I saved by booking via AMEX. Had QF.com actually provided fair routing ON the ticketed cabin, I would have paid extra $500 AUD to them for buying the same product. Once I make Lifetime gold i'm done with Qantas.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 6:39 am

Programs: qantas
Originally Posted by Kangar
pdinOZ. Are flight credit bookings eligible?
Be very careful, if you have a voucher/credit issued on a previous date and use it to make a booking in this promotion period, the booking will probably have a booking reference which matches your voucher and therefore the date the voucher was issued. That would not be in this promotional period and bookings are ineligible for DSC.
If you use a previously issued voucher and add $$ to pay for the booking, it will make no difference. Then, if you then realise your booking is ineligible, often you will not get a refund if you cancel, just yet another credit voucher which will still have the original issue date of the original voucher.
It's way confusing with vouchers, best just use $$.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 6:41 am

Programs: qantas
Thanks got reply. I suspected as much. But interestingly, to complicate things, the flight voucher was for an issued flight DURING the last DSC offer. (But flight had to be cancelled) Will this make a difference? Thanks. Philip
Old Feb 26, 2024, 3:32 am
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by shuuy
$9.50 per SC earned. Not bad... but anyone here completing some ADL-MEL-BNE-CHC runs? ($2.80/SC?)
I wish I could do points runs but this is work related travel. I think 9.50 was as low as I could get it given I'm on flagship routes. I imagine I'd have an easier time if I was darting around Asia on A330s. I hear that TPE offers some attractive returns.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by sydtogla
I wish I could do points runs but this is work related travel. I think 9.50 was as low as I could get it given I'm on flagship routes. I imagine I'd have an easier time if I was darting around Asia on A330s. I hear that TPE offers some attractive returns.
my go to route is AKL-MEL-OOL 560SC at 1.6k aud or roughly $2.6/SC

most of the other routes under DSC i get aud $5.7/SC
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 1:22 am

[deleted]

Last edited by brian77; Feb 27, 2024 at 2:18 am Reason: found the answer
Old Mar 2, 2024, 8:59 pm

Programs: QF Plat, NZ Silver, EY, EK, SQ & UA
I知 so annoyed with myself as I got the end date wrong and missed booking my UK NZ travel. Do you think they値l do another one this year or is it just once a year now?
Old Mar 2, 2024, 10:38 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by tm84
I知 so annoyed with myself as I got the end date wrong and missed booking my UK NZ travel. Do you think they値l do another one this year or is it just once a year now?
It's impossible to predict. They only did it once last year.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by tm84
you can miss ur wife bday or anniversary but you cant miss DSC!

if economy falters QF may do another. but wouldntt count on it

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.