Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

QF16/QF21 Business Class Menu/Pre-Order Options?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2023, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite

G’Day-

My lovely wife will be flying LAX-BNE and MEL-DFW in J Class next month, and just curious if Qantas offers access to menus and/or a meal pre-order option like AA does within 30 days of departure. In full disclosure, she is a very picky eater with an unsophisticated palate. Any intel you QF experts can offer will make me look like a hero, so I thank you in advance!

EDIT: I did check the Qantas website, pulled up her reservation, but saw nothing that speaks to menus or meal pre-order options...thanks!

Last edited by flyinmiamicane; May 23, 2023 at 7:40 pm
Old May 23, 2023, 8:29 pm

No pre-ordering. I expect it would be difficult to get Qantas to provide you with any information about the menu. There isn't any dedicated service line for business passengers with staff who might be equipped to answer that question. Fortunately for your wife the food on Qantas is pretty bland.
Purplelab likes this.
Old May 23, 2023, 8:37 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
QF used to have menus and the ability to select and also select a more interesting option. QF has good bread, people seem to like the bircher muesli. The food is pretty similar to what you find in an aged care facility - bland, easy to chew served with a starch and a couple of leaves of lettuce. Typically they have a stewed beef type food, a chicken or fish with rice, and then some plant based option. Do not worry the food you find at any Australian restaurant on landing will be a more representative selection of Ozzie cuisine. If you like wine, the QF J wine selection is usually quite reasonable.
THR and Purplelab like this.
Old May 23, 2023, 9:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jja34-1
No pre-ordering. I expect it would be difficult to get Qantas to provide you with any information about the menu. There isn't any dedicated service line for business passengers with staff who might be equipped to answer that question. Fortunately for your wife the food on Qantas is pretty bland.
Thanks for the helpful info and a good laugh! I am sure she won't starve...so long as she has access to bread and just about any type of dessert, she will be fine!
Old May 23, 2023, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Koru Flyer
QF used to have menus and the ability to select and also select a more interesting option. QF has good bread, people seem to like the bircher muesli. The food is pretty similar to what you find in an aged care facility - bland, easy to chew served with a starch and a couple of leaves of lettuce. Typically they have a stewed beef type food, a chicken or fish with rice, and then some plant based option. Do not worry the food you find at any Australian restaurant on landing will be a more representative selection of Ozzie cuisine. If you like wine, the QF J wine selection is usually quite reasonable.
I guess I should not be so disappointed that I am flying on AA metal over there to meet her, as it doesn't sound like a 5-star dining experience on QF. She is the type who would order from a kids' menu if permitted, and we were flying JL F from JFK to NRT a few years back and she asked the flight attendants for alternative meal options from the J and Y cabins! I am so glad that I got my money's worth out of the F galley on that flight, as she seemed quite content with the fare from the aft galley. Oh well, I will tell her to eat in the QF F lounges at LAX and MEL (she is AA EXP/OWE) before departure to avoid any major disappointment once on board.

Thanks again for the informative and comical replies! Cheers!
Koru Flyer likes this.
Old May 24, 2023, 4:16 pm

Not sure if I can post links to other forums, however australian frequent flyer has a thread of menus and meals.

I’ve just done a couple of international J sectors and the snapper and spicy black bean dish I had on the way up to CGK was one of the better fish dishes I’ve had in the sky. This probably doesn’t help your wife but I find the spicier Asian inspired dishes are always better than the rather bland European inspired ones.

https://www.australianfrequentflyer....56516/page-266
Old May 24, 2023, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oldfolky
Not sure if I can post links to other forums, however australian frequent flyer has a thread of menus and meals.

I’ve just done a couple of international J sectors and the snapper and spicy black bean dish I had on the way up to CGK was one of the better fish dishes I’ve had in the sky. This probably doesn’t help your wife but I find the spicier Asian inspired dishes are always better than the rather bland European inspired ones.

https://www.australianfrequentflyer....56516/page-266
Thanks for sharing this link...I will definitely check it out, but that snapper dish sounds amazing to me! Sadly, she seems to prefer her meals to be bland, just like her men!
Koru Flyer likes this.
Old May 25, 2023, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
QF doesn’t change menus regularly. The last menus were in operation all through from pre covid to about 15 months after covid. New menus are on their way.

If you can find a recent trip report before you’re due to fly you can assume that will be the same menu.

Ex Australia you can pick almost any international flight except new zealand… will be pretty much the same menu.
Old May 27, 2023, 8:52 am

Programs: United 1k Qantas P1
https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...nu-update-2023

I like the QF food generally. I’m on a London trip and everything (esp Sing Lounge) has been great.
A lot of new menu items as per the ET article above on my flights.
Koru Flyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.