Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas updates access rules for domestic & international lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas updates access rules for domestic & international lounges

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2023, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
Unhappy Qantas updates access rules for domestic & international lounges

Qantas confirms that non-travelling guests won't be able to enter domestic lounges from 15 June 2023, but also that Qantas Club members flying internationally will be able to bring in a wider range of guests.
From 15 June 2023, we’ll be simplifying our lounge access policy. Guests will be eligible to use lounges when travelling on Qantas-operated and eligible partner flights that depart on the same day.
Its probably not a rule that was widely known but I think some of us used it to our advantage at least once a year so it will make our little get together just that little bit harder. 20th Annual AGM: BNE Sat 25 Feb 2023
nancypants likes this.
Old May 17, 2023, 5:21 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I wonder if it was really that over used. Used it when saying goodbye to people etc - usually family members so it was nice to wait and say good bye. Given the distance and hassle between terminals I doubt there were that many guests that were say on VA. And it became a bit of a muddle during COVID when they did not have a way to actually document who was in the lounge without a BP, so I guess it is just a carry over from that perhaps?

Not really a simplification, flying passenger + guest of any type is simpler than flying passenger and checking that the guest is also on QF that day ;-)
nancypants likes this.
Old May 17, 2023, 9:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Koru Flyer
Not really a simplification, flying passenger + guest of any type is simpler than flying passenger and checking that the guest is also on QF that day ;-)
Looking at the various different sets of rules depending on status held and lounge being visited, it does seem to be a simplification. Having a single set of access rules vs cases where guest doesnt need to e travelleing, needs to be travelling on a flight or needs to be travelling on the same flight does seem less complicated
Old May 17, 2023, 11:11 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
A number of times I've just invited a random person into the lounge with me. The reactions have been interesting, but only one refused my invitation .
Old May 18, 2023, 2:22 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Bundy Bear
Its probably not a rule that was widely known but I think some of us used it to our advantage at least once a year so it will make our little get together just that little bit harder. 20th Annual AGM: BNE Sat 25 Feb 2023
I am sure if we ask nicely the doors of the BNE QP will still be open.....
pandaperth likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is there an entry-time limit to Qantas domestic business lounges? Is it only three-hours before the flight? or if you check in online, can you enter several hours before that? I have an 830pm transcon flight, but have to check out of my MEL hotel at Noon so was hoping to go to the lounge around 3pm to work.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is there an entry-time limit to Qantas domestic business lounges? Is it only three-hours before the flight? or if you check in online, can you enter several hours before that? I have an 830pm transcon flight, but have to check out of my MEL hotel at Noon so was hoping to go to the lounge around 3pm to work.
No time limit.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 4:37 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I have often on a day trip, nipped into the lounge on arrival to wait for another passenger or grab something to eat. Never batted an eyelid on the BP for the evening return.

note though - QFs business lounge in MEL gets quite busy so depending on your requirements for work, there may be better options.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 5:48 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Koru Flyer
I have often on a day trip, nipped into the lounge on arrival to wait for another passenger or grab something to eat. Never batted an eyelid on the BP for the evening return.

note though - QFs business lounge in MEL gets quite busy so depending on your requirements for work, there may be better options.
It’s very rare that there’s no working space at the tables just after the desk staff at the entrance.
serfty likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by og
It’s very rare that there’s no working space at the tables just after the desk staff at the entrance.
that is true, I forgot about that, thanks!
og likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.