FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   Double Status Credits or Double Points (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/2116032-double-status-credits-double-points.html)

Bundy Bear Mar 22, 2023 6:06 pm

Double Status Credits or Double Points

Finally showed up

Be rewarded your way on eligible Qantas flights across Australia and the world. Hurry, offer ends 28 March 2023. Terms and conditions apply

Choose double Status Credits or double Qantas Points

Simply book between 23 March and 28 March 2023, for travel from 29 March 2023 to 28 February 2024.*

https://www.qantas.com/au/en/frequen...6trEIpqE8nIURA

kirkwoodj Mar 22, 2023 6:30 pm

Thanks for posting, I've been waiting!

jdbelfast Mar 23, 2023 1:00 am

A question here. It says the bonus will be credited within 8 weeks. So, my accrual year ends on 31st August. I’m going to be flying to LHR, getting back to Australia in early August. Will the extra status credits count to my current year (ie when accrued) or when credited to my account (possibly after my year ends)?

These flights will take me from Gold to Platinum if they count this year, but I’m guessing I won’t get this.

BD1959 Mar 23, 2023 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by jdbelfast (Post 35109558)
A question here. It says the bonus will be credited within 8 weeks. So, my accrual year ends on 31st August. I’m going to be flying to LHR, getting back to Australia in early August. Will the extra status credits count to my current year (ie when accrued) or when credited to my account (possibly after my year ends)?

If this goes true-to-form, regardless of when the Bonus SCs are posted they will be effective the date of your flight. I think QF are probably protecting themselves with the "within 8 weeks" deadline.

Regards,

BD

tm84 Mar 25, 2023 2:15 am

I just booked a flight a day before this came out. Asked if I could have this recognised as part of the promotion and Qantas said no. So I’ve cancelled (was Flex) and rebooked on the same flights for the exact same price. Seems silly!

Thai-Kiwi Mar 25, 2023 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by tm84 (Post 35114832)
I just booked a flight a day before this came out. Asked if I could have this recognised as part of the promotion and Qantas said no. So I’ve cancelled (was Flex) and rebooked on the same flights for the exact same price. Seems silly!

Not really. If they allow1 day prior, they why not 2 days? or a week prior? And how about the changes needed in the IT system?
Good for you to have a refundable ticket, a minor inconvenience in the big picture to cancel and re-book.

minz56 Mar 25, 2023 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi (Post 35115833)
.... Good for you to have a refundable ticket, a minor inconvenience in the big picture to cancel and re-book.

Indeed, but perhaps a major delay in getting the refund :rolleyes:

fakecd Mar 26, 2023 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by minz56 (Post 35116903)
Indeed, but perhaps a major delay in getting the refund :rolleyes:

from my exp. the DSC was always embed to booking ref where booking is made during promo period, i recall issues like booking before UK clock change had issues/bugs where it didnt post. so even if agent said yes, i.would definitely cancel and rebook.

DSc post within 2-4 days in the past

I think 50SC loyalty bonus eligibility includes the promotional DSC in the past but got changed in newer version of promo

alwaysinvogue Mar 26, 2023 5:08 pm

Is there any chance this is a targeted offer, as I completed my details to register but received an error page and now can’t get back to the form (now I’ve been recognised)? I also haven’t seen any email comms on this, and hence wondering if I’m ineligible?

BD1959 Mar 26, 2023 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by alwaysinvogue (Post 35118875)
Is there any chance this is a targeted offer

The offer appears as a banner on the QF homepage - in my book zero chance it is targeted.

Regards,

BD

alwaysinvogue Mar 26, 2023 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by BD1959 (Post 35118879)
The offer appears as a banner on the QF homepage - in my book zero chance it is targeted.

Regards,

BD

Amazing, thank you! I’ll keep persevering (my ongoing Qantas mantra these days, as I prepare to board today’s flight that was cancelled and rescheduled…again 🙈😁)

jubbing Mar 27, 2023 6:16 am

I need about 150 SC, anyone know the CHEAPEST status run to do to get this?

tm84 Mar 27, 2023 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi (Post 35115833)
Not really. If they allow1 day prior, they why not 2 days? or a week prior? And how about the changes needed in the IT system?
Good for you to have a refundable ticket, a minor inconvenience in the big picture to cancel and re-book.

Surely it doesn’t need to be a “computer says no” issue. I’m not talking like 1 week, 1 month etc. 1 day prior isn’t a massive ask, especially if the price and flights are still being sold for the same amount.

I’ve rebooked anyway as its 200 extra points. Got the email back saying my refund has been processed already.

Mwenenzi Mar 27, 2023 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by jubbing (Post 35119941)
I need about 150 SC, anyone know the CHEAPEST status run to do to get this?

What have you found when looking?
From what airport?

jubbing Mar 28, 2023 5:27 am

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi (Post 35120930)
What have you found when looking?
From what airport?

Oops, from or To Melbourne (which is where I am).