Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Double Status Credits or Double Points

Double Status Credits or Double Points

Old Mar 28, 2023, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by alwaysinvogue
Amazing, thank you! I’ll keep persevering (my ongoing Qantas mantra these days, as I prepare to board today’s flight that was cancelled and rescheduled…again 🙈&#128513
A bit late now, but I was only getting the DSC front page on Oz Qantas page, not when it had switched to USA or Singapore.
Think I got my SCs worth! Covered the rest of this membership year and most of next year's too.
Old May 17, 2023, 1:02 pm

Programs: NZ*G EK-Plat QF-Plat
Are QF ticketed flights on EK metal eligible? Thanks!
Old May 17, 2023, 3:12 pm

Programs: Qantas
Originally Posted by kanangela
Are QF ticketed flights on EK metal eligible? Thanks!
No.
Old May 17, 2023, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by Volvo Mike
No.
Well, that’s interesting because the T&Cs say “Any flight with a QF flight number on the ticket which is not operated by Qantas including Jetstar, Jetstar Asia, Jetstar Japan, Jetstar Pacific and other partner airlines will not be eligible for this offer.”

I thought EK is still a partner airline?
Old May 17, 2023, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, that’s interesting because the T&Cs say “Any flight with a QF flight number on the ticket which is not operated by Qantas including Jetstar, Jetstar Asia, Jetstar Japan, Jetstar Pacific and other partner airlines will not be eligible for this offer.”
My reading is only QF operated and QF marketed are eligible. All others - zilch
Old May 17, 2023, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
My reading is only QF operated and QF marketed are eligible. All others - zilch
Oh, I see ... "which is not operated by Qantas including Jetstar etc etc etc" is quite misleading as it sounds like those operated by Qantas including Jetstar ets etc etc are okay!
Old Nov 24, 2023, 5:16 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
Quick one - do I earn DSC for qantas segments on RTW tickets issued by other carier?
Old Nov 24, 2023, 5:31 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by fakecd
Quick one - do I earn DSC for qantas segments on RTW tickets issued by other carier?
Subject to meeting the other conditions, yes. The platting carrier has no bearing.
Old Nov 26, 2023, 4:38 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold

Yes, but (for the latest offer) it must carry the Qantas Flight number and you would have registered for the DSC and booked the flight back in March.

Regards,

BD
Old Nov 26, 2023, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BD1959
Yes, but (for the latest offer) it must carry the Qantas Flight number and you would have registered for the DSC and booked the flight back in March.
Also need to be QF operated.
These DSC offer can have subtle changes from the previous offer
From the link in post 1
Australian Domestic and International Qantas operated flights with a ‘QF’ flight number booked between 23 March and 28 March 2023. Double Qantas Points or double Status Credits will not be earned on some fare types and booking classes. See Airline Earning TableOpens in a new tab or window for details.
Old Nov 26, 2023, 7:05 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Also need to be QF operated.
Absolutely it does however fakecd was asking with respect to QF segments so I considered that point covered ...

Regards,

BD
Old Nov 26, 2023, 8:06 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Also need to careful of whether there is a requirement for the ticket be booked directly with QF (such as their web site). IIRC that was the case with a DSC in the recent past.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 3:06 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
if i recall correctly, previous round of DSC was preceded by international sales. Qantas marketing always do funny worthless promotiOns like we have seen lately post xmas, and the final nail in coffin is network wide international sale that ends on 5feb24.

my feeling is with generally slower travel demand anacdoally last xmas season, QF needs to replenish their cash coffers and the promo is due mid Feb. also work as part of cistomer first public stunt of late.

i have all flight dates and numbers ready to book. i gabe up RTW cuz cost is so high post covid
Koru Flyer and kirkwoodj like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.