Award ticket hold for transfer

Old Mar 19, 2023, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Award ticket hold for transfer

Does QF allow holding flights in order to transfer miles from a 3rd party? I saw conflicting reports in past posts. Unfortunately, there’s space for QF classic awards but not AA that does allow holds.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 8:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If there are QF classic awards available, then I would expect that there would be availability through AA too, Might be worth phoning AA and checking - if so , you can hold the award and transfer points - plus avoid potential fares disguised as taxes that a QF award may have

QF does not normally allow holding of awards and that would not be a compelling reason for it to do so in this case
Old Mar 21, 2023, 5:59 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
QF allows plats to hold rewards in this scenario. In my experience.

(I would agree on the above that AA should be seeing the same as QF non elite. Are you by chance looking at a QF link flight. They may have to manually search for those as sometimes they do not auto populate - this the case with BA).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.