FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   Tens of thousands of new international reward seats to be released Friday 24 Feb (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/2112493-tens-thousands-new-international-reward-seats-released-friday-24-feb.html)

Mwenenzi Feb 20, 2023 9:38 pm

Tens of thousands of new international reward seats to be released Friday 24 Feb

From QF media. https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/
Link-->MASSIVE RELEASE OF INTERNATIONAL REWARD SEATS FOR QANTAS FREQUENT FLYERS

• Tens of thousands of new international reward seats to be released for frequent flyers from this Friday
  • Qantas extends commitment of 50 per cent more international reward seat availability for another six months
  • More than 5 million reward seats still available across Qantas and Jetstar over the next year
Qantas will release tens of thousands of new international reward seats from 11am Friday to give frequent flyers even more opportunity to travel overseas using their Qantas Points.

The release of new Classic Flight Reward seats will be made possible by Qantas extending its commitment of 50 per cent more reward seat availability on international routes until 31 December 2023 – an additional six months.

The extra reward seats will be available across all cabins, including Business and First, on the airline’s full international network of more than 30 destinations. The most popular overseas destinations booked with points are London, Singapore, Bali, Tokyo and Los Angeles.
<snip>
QF's definition of massive may be different to mine.

m0hamed Feb 20, 2023 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi (Post 35027937)
From QF media. https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/
Link-->MASSIVE RELEASE OF INTERNATIONAL REWARD SEATS FOR QANTAS FREQUENT FLYERS

QF's definition of massive may be different to mine.

Apparently the release is going to be staggered.....

Koru Flyer Feb 21, 2023 7:05 pm

Reduce a balance sheet debt, keep yield appearing to go well, create false demand to keep the sky high fares going. Until someone realises that demand has basically disappeared after the July school holidays....

Dave Noble Feb 21, 2023 7:26 pm

Ao... I would expect 1 business class to Auckland, one 1st class to Singapore and then lots of economy seats on routes with high fares disguised as taxes

djsflynn Feb 21, 2023 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by m0hamed (Post 35027954)
Apparently the release is going to be staggered.....

Yes, ~25% of the full inventory across all routes will be opened on Friday, then the idea is three further tranches of ~25% each over the following three months according to QF.

zebranz Feb 23, 2023 4:27 pm

I guess we shall see in about 1/2 hour..... I am more concerned with the amount they want to charge than availability.

moa999 Feb 23, 2023 5:12 pm

Website has a disaster.

Sydfly Feb 23, 2023 5:12 pm

Seems like the site is down...I can't get past the search screen without getting an error message!

Mwenenzi Feb 23, 2023 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by zebranz (Post 35036477)
I guess we shall see in about 1/2 hour..... I am more concerned with the amount they want to charge than availability.

QF classic awards will be as the award chart.

The release of new Classic Flight Reward seats

jubbing Feb 23, 2023 5:24 pm

CLassic Qantas, the website won't even load searches. This is what happens when you bail on your IT budget and try and run a promo like this.

I logged in an hour early and snagged a Cathay seat to Europe, but since 11am local time, the website is a mess.

ozflier Feb 23, 2023 5:26 pm

Just to confirm - QFF system down - another Qantas joke !
It begs the question - have a significant amount of award seats been released or is this just QF's paid media spin ?

zebranz Feb 23, 2023 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by jubbing (Post 35036597)
CLassic Qantas, the website won't even load searches. This is what happens when you bail on your IT budget and try and run a promo like this.

I logged in an hour early and snagged a Cathay seat to Europe, but since 11am local time, the website is a mess.

Same thing- maybe the IT Dept did not know,

m0hamed Feb 23, 2023 5:58 pm

A large number of seats have indeed been released, including what was widely known as the Blackout period.

Boraxo Feb 23, 2023 6:10 pm

Feeling better now that I learn the website was a circus akin to the release of Taylor Swift tix.

Originally Posted by m0hamed (Post 35036669)
A large number of seats have indeed been released, including what was widely known as the Blackout period.

Sorry - what dates are those?

m0hamed Feb 23, 2023 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo (Post 35036693)
Feeling better now that I learn the website was a circus akin to the release of Taylor Swift tix.

Sorry - what dates are those?

It is reported, and I have seen the PDF to agents, outlining that certain periods of the year, days of the week etc are blackouts for award seat requests and should not be put to the droid as they are programmed to decline. Even P1s cannot have these manually released by rev management.

QF1/2 June, July & August is one example.

I saw mid July in F on QF1 available this morning.