Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Tens of thousands of new international reward seats to be released Friday 24 Feb

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tens of thousands of new international reward seats to be released Friday 24 Feb

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2023, 6:30 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Gold, Velocity Gold, Accor Gold
boy what a mess. There might be flights available but has anyone actually managed to book anything? Even when I find a flight after multiple attempts to get the site to load, when it's selected the site crashes again. Yep, Alan Joyce you are correct, QF continue to provide outstanding value to their customrs.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 6:48 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by m0hamed
It is reported, and I have seen the PDF to agents, outlining that certain periods of the year, days of the week etc are blackouts for award seat requests and should not be put to the droid as they are programmed to decline. Even P1s cannot have these manually released by rev management.

QF1/2 June, July & August is one example.

I saw mid July in F on QF1 available this morning.
Was able to ticket F on QF12 for June via AA. Not showing online but bookable via agent. Partners had the same issue with DFW-SYD release. AS phone agent not able to see it but I only had them check one date so unsure if it is bookable via AS but it definitely isn't showing online with them either. BA and AM are correctly showing inventory so it's a useful tool to search while QF is down. AM is probably the better deal due to low acquisition cost of those miles and only charging 120/75k unless AS can somehow book.

Edit: AS is bookable at 70k each way in F.

Last edited by TalkingPoint; Feb 23, 2023 at 9:11 pm
Old Feb 23, 2023, 7:13 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
I just tried to book via AA phone reservations and the agent told me their QF link is down. Everything is coming back as unconfirmed, my request included. I saw F space on BA's site but AA couldnt confirm it.
mediator likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 9:23 pm

Angry Didn't find anything on Alaska

The best redemption of Qantas LAX-SYD option is through Alaska miles which is 55K for business class award ticket. I checked around 8 PM tonight and there was nothing in the summer except for economy award ticket priced at 42.5K... Not going to transfer my points to Qantas's own program as it is much more expensive.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

shootaaa Welcome to FT

Originally Posted by shootaaa
The best redemption of Qantas LAX-SYD option is through Alaska miles which is 55K for business class award ticket. I checked around 8 PM tonight and there was nothing in the summer except for economy award ticket priced at 42.5K... Not going to transfer my points to Qantas's own program as it is much more expensive.
Just looking for LAX-SYD restricts you options a lot. QF flys from/to more airports than just LAX & SYD
Folks in the AS ffp have been getting awards today. By phone seem best.
AS forum--> Consolidated Qantas (QF) Awards Availability/Booking/Routing Thread

But is disappointment these awards have *also* been released to partners. And for QF freq flyer days out available is determined by status. Being the same OW equivalent status with another OW ffp those frequent flyers/frequent spenders may have better availability than for QF's own frequent flyers.

From what I have read in the last few hours the partner ffp's web site/phone seem a lot better than the QF's web site/phone for getting awards on QF flights.
jrfsp320 likes this.

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Feb 23, 2023 at 10:06 pm
Old Feb 23, 2023, 11:32 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
the birtish airways site is really slow, and I can't find any availability at aa.com
Old Feb 23, 2023, 11:55 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by donotblink
the birtish airways site is really slow, and I can't find any availability at aa.com
EF is the quickest way. Do a free trial. Can search a week at a time and it loads very fast.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 1:46 am

Programs: KrisFlyer, AA, Qantas, SPG, Marriott
The website finally started working, I finally found a good enough route (it was still 3 stops to get to Morocco). I tried to click to see points needed, the website timed out. 6 times in a row.
When I finally got it to work, the seats were gone, jesus.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 7:17 am

Nothing on AA.com so far, I checked at 530 and 0630 PST

Nothing on AA.com so far early Friday morning local time in San Francisco. I have been trying for months and the best I found on SFO-SYD in PE/BC and nothing has come up. A few days in the last six months had coach QF sfo FF coach available but the AA web site would not allow them to be booked. I am hedged on AA.

Is QF sending seats PE/BC to American?
Old Feb 24, 2023, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Was able to book 2x J LAX - SYD via BA last night (US time) for beginning of December. Was going to transfer to and use QF (because it's cheaper than BA) but the website kept erroring out and didn't want to lose the space (lost the return SYD - LAX while trying to get it pulled up on QF.com) and had some excess BA anyway from a canceled COVID trip to Europe
Old Feb 24, 2023, 8:21 am

Have to call AA to book it - usually doesn't show up on the website. Find the availability through another channel and then call AA to book. Also AA seems to still have visibility but everything they try to hold is coming back as unconfirmed - this is a change from early yesterday evening when the space was initially released.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 9:14 am

I imagine a lot of bookings are speculative and will likely be cancelled on reflection and/or changed plans. This always seems to happen with booking frenzies-“mistake” fares, unicorn space, etc.
Mwenenzi and nancypants like this.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 9:15 am

Programs: Once a somebody now a nobody
Was able to book LAX-SYD and then MEL-LAX both in J via AA. As a Plat Pro the AA award travel phone desk wait was a 30m wait when i called...but was surprising able to book them via AA's chat. Our ultimate goal is to do New Zealand this trip and was kinda bummed by the lack of saver awards (in either J or Y) on the AUS to NZ flights.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 10:17 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Au/NZ has lots of cheap options due to reasonable competition with QF, NZ, JQ, LA, EK, QR etc. unless you are looking at ZQN at ski season or school holidays you should be able to find something.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 12:29 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
I was able to get 4x J seats on SFO-SYD at the end of July via AA. The return is coming back with no options though. Might need to just stay...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.