Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has Qantas Lost Award Reservations?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2023, 11:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver
Has Qantas Lost Award Reservations?

I purchased an award reservation for myself and my husband using Qantas miles for an Air France flight from CDG to SEA. All was well for awhile, then suddenly the roof fell in. The reason for going to Paris was moved back six months, so I went to cancel my flight and now I cannot find it. The website no longer shows it. I tried to "add" the booking, but Qantas doesn't recognize it.

So I tried to look up the USA phone line for Qantas, it rings two or three times and then keeps hanging up. The Qantas chat box says that it only operates during certain times and will pop up when a service rep is available. I've read horror stories of how difficult it is to reach customer service.

I need to cancel the reservation, but can't online since there isn't a reservation according to Qantas. I know there is a reservation because Air France sent me a notice changing my flight; however, they will not do anything since I booked it thru Qantas. I don't want to lose the points, so I'm not sure what to do.

Thank you.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 3:12 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
It's likely that with the schedule change, it wasn't accepted and so the booking was cancelled as it was not reticketed in time.

Not an issue as you wish to cancel. I would call the Australian international number via Skype before 9AM and they should be able to find it using the eticket numbers in the PDF you should have been emailed.
cocobird likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by m0hamed
It's likely that with the schedule change, it wasn't accepted and so the booking was cancelled as it was not reticketed in time.

Not an issue as you wish to cancel. I would call the Australian international number via Skype before 9AM and they should be able to find it using the eticket numbers in the PDF you should have been emailed.
I'm curious about Qantas policy since you are knowledgeable about the airline. If they cancel the ticket, don't they have an obligation to refund it, or does Qantas keep the money/points until someone complains? I don't recall getting notified by Qantas, but truthfully it may be during the time I was dealing with a family member's death and another going to emergency/hospital. In any case, my thanks for your advice.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 3:32 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cocobird
I'm curious about Qantas policy since you are knowledgeable about the airline. If they cancel the ticket, don't they have an obligation to refund it, or does Qantas keep the money/points until someone complains? I don't recall getting notified by Qantas, but truthfully it may be during the time I was dealing with a family member's death and another going to emergency/hospital. In any case, my thanks for your advice.
Sorry for your loss.

QF have been incredible unreliable of late, particularly with partner awards and ticketing.

You should have been notified and offered to accept.

Lots of people have had similar issues to yours. You will definitely get your points back.

Perhaps try selecting the Frequent Flyer Service centre option?
cocobird and ZenFlyer like this.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 1:43 am
Original Poster

The conclusion to this story is exactly what you predicted. Qantas acknowledged the tickets were closed out by them and will reimburse me in full for the points and the money. Thank you for your kind assistance.
ZenFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by cocobird
The conclusion to this story is exactly what you predicted. Qantas acknowledged the tickets were closed out by them and will reimburse me in full for the points and the money. Thank you for your kind assistance.
Very welcome.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 6:47 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
I had two classic award requests that failed to ticket. Twice. Finally got a good premium rep that made sure they went though.

Also had the same problem as the OP - the US phone number has not been working correctly. Had to call AU # via Skype.

Just make sure you call during normal business hours in Australia to hopefully get a Australian agent and not one of the terrible outsourced foreign ones.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
I had two classic award requests that failed to ticket. Twice. Finally got a good premium rep that made sure they went though.

Also had the same problem as the OP - the US phone number has not been working correctly. Had to call AU # via Skype.

Just make sure you call during normal business hours in Australia to hopefully get a Australian agent and not one of the terrible outsourced foreign ones.
I will HUACA until I get Hobart based agents, even if it takes 20 calls.
Koru Flyer likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 7:36 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Originally Posted by m0hamed
I will HUACA until I get Hobart based agents, even if it takes 20 calls.
This is the way.
Koru Flyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.