Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status Extension and Apology for AJ

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2022, 8:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
I still find marginal value in being able to do classic award requests as a WP. At 216k r/t LAX-MEL, it isn't the greatest deal in the sky, but it's also a hard route to redeem on, and I've had success getting flights when I need them. If that benefit goes away, I'd likely switch to BA Gold.
Better value than using your AA miles ( given you hold EP status) where you can do anywhere in North America to anywhere in South Pacific for 160,000 business- or 220,000 in 1st class return
Old Aug 26, 2022, 4:45 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
I haven't received any "sorry" points as yet...any other plats in this situation?
Old Aug 27, 2022, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by Cedar Jet
I haven't received any "sorry" points as yet...any other plats in this situation?
You are not alone as I am in the same boat.

In my case, QF Marketing emails stopped dropping into my inbox since March.

I have checked my profile settings and I am subscribed to QF marketing communications.

So, I decided to tick a few more interest boxes and updated the profile.

After two days, still no sign of any QF FF marketing emails. (Some CRM systems may take a day or two for updates to trickle down)

The next thing I tried was to update my email address by editing the last character to toggle the save preference option.

Surprisingly, after one day, there is now two marketing emails. One for Everyday Rewards and the other for Father’s Day.

The “apology” email is still somehow nowhere to be seen.

Cheers.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 3:22 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Better value than using your AA miles ( given you hold EP status) where you can do anywhere in North America to anywhere in South Pacific for 160,000 business- or 220,000 in 1st class return
AA releases zero-to-none saver availability on LAX-SYD. I've been lucky a couple of times, but it requires extreme flexibility. Most of the time it looks like this, and AA doesn't have the same request feature for EXP's that QF does for WP's. And they took away the ability to route to Oz via Asia a long time ago (two different awards now). DL and UA are not really any better. With AA that leaves Fiji and Tahiti as options, but they are pretty sparse on availability and sometimes don't have great connection times.

levelnine likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by morioka74
You are not alone as I am in the same boat.

In my case, QF Marketing emails stopped dropping into my inbox since March.

I have checked my profile settings and I am subscribed to QF marketing communications.

So, I decided to tick a few more interest boxes and updated the profile.

After two days, still no sign of any QF FF marketing emails. (Some CRM systems may take a day or two for updates to trickle down)

The next thing I tried was to update my email address by editing the last character to toggle the save preference option.

Surprisingly, after one day, there is now two marketing emails. One for Everyday Rewards and the other for Father’s Day.

The “apology” email is still somehow nowhere to be seen.

Cheers.
Same here, never got the email, though i get the "An update on your status" and the regular "Qantas Travel Insider" emails
Old Sep 2, 2022, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by lowjhg
Same here, never got the email, though i get the "An update on your status" and the regular "Qantas Travel Insider" emails
Quick update:

Rang the number on the back of the physical membership card. Agent confirmed that email was never sent out and points will be manually credited in 2 weeks.

Total time on the phone: 10 mins
Old Sep 2, 2022, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by lowjhg
Quick update:

Rang the number on the back of the physical membership card. Agent confirmed that email was never sent out and points will be manually credited in 2 weeks.

Old Sep 2, 2022, 11:50 am

Programs: Qantas FF, United Mileage Plus, Virgin Velocity
Originally Posted by Cedar Jet
I noticed that my "sorry" points landed on Wednesday, may have been earlier as I don't check the App that regularly.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 4:04 pm

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by kiwifruit
I noticed that my "sorry" points landed on Wednesday, may have been earlier as I don't check the App that regularly.
mine are also MIA
Old Sep 8, 2022, 9:30 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Ended up getting my 30K
Old Sep 9, 2022, 1:47 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
Originally Posted by morioka74
Quick update:

I've just made the same call, at first the agent told me to update my app to accept the points, but eventually agreed that it was only the $50 voucher in the app. He then said he'd make a note on my account to receive the 30K points and to wait until the end of the month for them to appear.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by LondonAussie
I've just made the same call, at first the agent told me to update my app to accept the points, but eventually agreed that it was only the $50 voucher in the app. He then said he'd make a note on my account to receive the 30K points and to wait until the end of the month for them to appear.
Received an email today advising of points being credited. Hold and behold, it was there upon logging into the app.

All in all, the whole process was within 2 weeks.

Cheers.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 9:57 am

Despite being told I would get 30K points, today I checked the app to find I've instead only been given 15K points under the heading 'a thank you from Qantas'.

If this is how they say thankyou...
Old Oct 12, 2022, 2:29 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by LondonAussie
Despite being told I would get 30K points, today I checked the app to find I've instead only been given 15K points under the heading 'a thank you from Qantas'.

If this is how they say thankyou...
30 k points if your status was not extended, 15 k points if it was extended another year. At least that was the deal for this household (one got it, one didn’t). But QF didn’t explain that minor detail - it just left a bunch of people saying W T F?
Old Oct 12, 2022, 4:37 pm

I retained my status from flying and no extension for 2023, so should have received 30K points. They'd have a recording of the phone call where the agent confirmed to me that I will get 30K - and he did actually say that was because I'd retained my status without Qantas extending it. So I could probably push for it but honestly can't be bothered anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.