QF-EK lounge policy

Old Jul 7, 2022, 5:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Privilege Club - Platinum
QF-EK lounge policy

Apologies if this has been asked before. I know Emirates and Qantas have some sort of a partnership, so I was wondering if Emirates ticket holders are able to use Qantas lounges internationally on Emirates flights that are codeshared by Qantas. For example as a first class Emirates ticket holder from Singapore to Dubai, would the passenger have the ability to use the Qantas first class lounge in SIN? The QF website isn't all that clear.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 7:12 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
You should be able to use QF lounges as ticketed, the flight is QF marketed, and OW benefits seem to apply. For example I could use the MEL F lounge when flying on the QF codeshare to DXB with BA OWE status. I would suspect if I was on an EK ticket I would not be allowed. As a data point and totally expected, I was not allowed in the DXB EK F lounge. Showing a QF platinum card was also insufficient as they specially wanted the QF FF in the booking and on the BP.

that said I am not sure when you mean “ Emirates ticket holders” on QF codeshares. I would expect QF lounge access would depend on your flights being specifically QF ticketed. Ie you are on the QF codeshare. That clarification would help our answers.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 8:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

OW Benefits do not apply - OW benefits require that flight be both marketed by and operated by a OW carrier

The benefits are purely an QF/EK arrangement ( except for America )

EK will provide lounge access to passengers on QF flights travelling in 1st or business class and also to QF/EK Gold/Platinum members where the membership number is in the booking
QF will rovide lounge access to passengers on EK flights travelling in 1st or business class and also to QF/EK Gold/Platinum members

I believe that the access offered based on BA status was part of a temporary benefit that was made available whilst QF was operating via Dubai - that is not a normal benefit
Old Jul 8, 2022, 10:16 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Yes the ability to access the DXB F lounge as a OWE was only when travelling on the QF/QF service. Now that it is only EK with a QF codeshare as I wrote above there is no lounge access based on status for EK lounges. Tried and tested. But we are not discussing EK lounges.

QF F in MEL and SYD have welcomed me without question as. BA Gold flying on an EK flight sold and marketed as QF. I am aware what the OW lounge rules state, however, the experienced application by QF is different. And it may be specific to BA which allows points and status accrual on any QF marketed flight irrespective of the operator (excluding some JQ).

KF
Old Apr 27, 2024, 5:21 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
bumping old thread.

Planning BNE-DXB-OSL/ ARN-DXB-BNE on Y on EK metal, marketed as QF8xxx flight numbers. Wife and I are both OWE (Plat+PlatOne). We have 3 children. As per QF policy goes on QF flight numbers at Emirate lounge (https://www.qantas.com/hk/en/frequen.../platinum.html) it shows 1 Platinum is allowed 1 adult guest + 2 children. is Dubai Emirate F lounge dragons accustomed to this rule such that I shouldn't have issue to bring all my children in?
Old Apr 30, 2024, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by fakecd
bumping old thread.

Planning BNE-DXB-OSL/ ARN-DXB-BNE on Y on EK metal, marketed as QF8xxx flight numbers. Wife and I are both OWE (Plat+PlatOne). We have 3 children. As per QF policy goes on QF flight numbers at Emirate lounge (https://www.qantas.com/hk/en/frequen.../platinum.html) it shows 1 Platinum is allowed 1 adult guest + 2 children. is Dubai Emirate F lounge dragons accustomed to this rule such that I shouldn't have issue to bring all my children in?
They will be aware of the rule. QF Plats are treated the same as Emirates' own Plats who are entitled to 1 adult guest and 2 children.
fakecd likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.